Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 04-13-2014, 10:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i coupe
Unhappy Help! ABS light on and DTC not working after lowering springs !

I'm a total noob here and this my first post ever. Had a local shop put my lowering springs on my 08 e92 335 and they gave me my car back with the brake light and abs light on lit up in amber. also the traction control button no longer works. the car rides fine until braking into a turn. the brake pedal pulsates lightly like it would in the snow. The tech said he doesnt know why the lights are on because he didnt disconnect anything when he pulled the struts out. what did he break and what am i gonna have to get/spend to fix this. car is not under warranty. has only 19k miles on it. my dash is lit up like a chirstmas tree. FML . some insight would be greatly appreciated !
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasky1228 View Post
I'm a total noob here and this my first post ever. Had a local shop put my lowering springs on my 08 e92 335 and they gave me my car back with the brake light and abs light on lit up in amber. also the traction control button no longer works. the car rides fine until braking into a turn. the brake pedal pulsates lightly like it would in the snow. The tech said he doesnt know why the lights are on because he didnt disconnect anything when he pulled the struts out. what did he break and what am i gonna have to get/spend to fix this. car is not under warranty. has only 19k miles on it. my dash is lit up like a chirstmas tree. FML . some insight would be greatly appreciated !

You need go no farther than the red highlighted words.

Uhhh, was it aligned after suspension work?

Also, DO THIS
Old 04-13-2014, 11:39 AM

YO! You do know that camber & toe have changed, right?
Old 04-13-2014, 11:50 AM

yes i absolutely know this lol. it was done saturday and was gonna get an alignment tomorrow ( monday) . are all these lights on my dash because it hasnt been aligned yet or did he break a sensor?
Old 04-13-2014, 11:52 AM

im going to go try what you said right now CALWATERBOY.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
yes i absolutely know this lol. it was done saturday and was gonna get an alignment tomorrow ( monday) . are all these lights on my dash because it hasnt been aligned yet or did he break a sensor?

Your [now] outta alignment toe's like causing the stutter. Lights will prob be cured when in alignment and the reset's done. Broken sensor unlikely. Do steering wheel reset now if you like....do again after alignment. 'Course any competent BMW Indy aligning your ride should know to do that.

We are going to a shop familiar with BMW's, aren't we?
Old 04-13-2014, 01:19 PM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
He probably damaged a wheel speed sensor.

Scan the car. It will tell you which corner is malfunctioning.

Alignment should not be so far out after lowering springs, that it causes those lights.

I waited 2 weeks after installing my coilovers and I slammed my car. No errors.

The are no sensors that monitor alignment specs. Why would altered alignment cause errors? You'll just be dragging your tires.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |

Last edited by fdriller9; 04-13-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:39 PM

yeah that makes nothing but sense and is what i was thinking. I tried doing the reset but it did nothing. The tech def damaged something. is a wheel speed sensor and ABS sensor the same thing? im gonna be lazy here and just ask how much a new sensor costs before just asking google myself. but yeah, any shop should be able to scan it and figure out exactly which wheel its coming from right? or does it have to be done at a BMW dealership or with a specific code reading tool for BMW?

sorry for all the newbie questions. This was supposedly a good tech too. im sure he knows exactly what he did wrong and hes just not owning up to it.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
yeah that makes nothing but sense and is what i was thinking. I tried doing the reset but it did nothing. The tech def damaged something. is a wheel speed sensor and ABS sensor the same thing? im gonna be lazy here and just ask how much a new sensor costs before just asking google myself. but yeah, any shop should be able to scan it and figure out exactly which wheel its coming from right? or does it have to be done at a BMW dealership or with a specific code reading tool for BMW?

sorry for all the newbie questions. This was supposedly a good tech too. im sure he knows exactly what he did wrong and hes just not owning up to it.

Whelp, time to read codes.

FD, I certainly got the lights, but did more than replace springs. Interesting....
Old 04-14-2014, 04:51 AM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
The installer may have forgotten to disconnect the brake pad wear sensor and abs sensor wires from the brakects before dropping the struts. If he didn't support the knuckle as be lowered the assembly, he could have easily put too much tension of the sensor wires and brake lines.

I bet it's one of the front sensors. The rear, you only need to drop the camber link.

You'll need a BMW specific scanner

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |