Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 04-22-2014, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 335xi
Error Code P0036 Part Number

Hi All - I did my obligatory searches but came up empty on my specific error code P0036. My Service Engine Soon light came on and threw this code after I had some repairs done, which involved taking the exhaust down. P0036 came back as HO2S Heater Control Curcuit (Bank 1, Sensor 2). I'm a DIY guy and I'm trying to research 1. what the actual part number is and price, and 2. if there are any tips or visual aids out there for replacing these sensors.

This is for a stock 2008 335xi.

Thanks in advance!
Ads by Google
Old 04-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
The heater circuit in your O2 sensor is shot. You need a new sensor.

Location is bank 1, sensor 2 which means it's a post cat sensor used to monitor cat efficiency.

It's not urgent you replace this sensor. It is an emissions related system and is not used by the DME for anything other than measure cat efficiency. The pre-cat sensors are the important ones than will measure A/F ratios, rich and lean conditions, etc

Use realoem.com to find part #s. Then enter the part # into a parts seller like getbmwparts.com or ecstuning.com

You'll need to get under the car to access these as well as remove the splash shields. You should be able to get to them without removing much else but it may be a tight space.

Be careful with the wiring harness as they can break easily. Don't bend it too much

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |

Last edited by fdriller9; 04-22-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 335xi
Thanks much fdriller! Great info. I think I found the part numbers, so I just need to make sure I pull the correct one... post cat, abnd each have different lengths. Looks like it's going to run about $216.