Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Steven_J_M Steven_J_M is offline
Registered User
Location: Ramstein, Germany
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 17
Mein Auto: 2013 335i & X3 3.5
1,800 mile trip, awesome MPG

Took my 335i from Ramstein AB in Germany to Barcelona, Spain, to Lagrasse, France, back to Ramstein....about 1,800 miles. Averaged over 70 mph the entire way and over 28 mpg. My last tank was 434 miles with cruise control kept at 88 mph with dips due to a few construction zones and slower speed limits here and there...regardless average was over 80 mph and put in 14.5 gallons....29.9 mph. Obviously we do not buy these cars for their gas mileage however I am extremely thrilled with the performance and mileage on this trip. I am almost at 8k miles now....man, I love this car!!
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 04-22-2014, 01:29 PM
sunny5280 sunny5280 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Denver, CO
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,718
Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven_J_M View Post
Took my 335i from Ramstein AB in Germany to Barcelona, Spain, to Lagrasse, France, back to Ramstein....about 1,800 miles. Averaged over 70 mph the entire way and over 28 mpg. My last tank was 434 miles with cruise control kept at 88 mph with dips due to a few construction zones and slower speed limits here and there...regardless average was over 80 mph and put in 14.5 gallons....29.9 mph. Obviously we do not buy these cars for their gas mileage however I am extremely thrilled with the performance and mileage on this trip. I am almost at 8k miles now....man, I love this car!!
Nice. My 2.5L Subaru Outback (@165 HP) gets 28 MPG on the highway. Nice to see a 300+ HP vehicle do the same.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2014, 03:26 PM
mossman35 mossman35 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: VT
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 812
Mein Auto: 2011 335i x Coupe M sport
I drove 3 hours on Saturday. Back roads speed around 60 MPH. I was getting 28-29 mpg... on winter tires.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2014, 03:40 PM
DozerDan DozerDan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 138
Mein Auto: 335 d
You would LOVE a d then. I get 30 driving it hard!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-22-2014, 03:40 PM
santostefano santostefano is offline
One Putt
Location: Hershey, PA
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 24
Mein Auto: 2008 335i Convertible
Last September, I picked up my 2008 335i Cabrio (with 3,600 miles) in Florida and drove it 1,050 miles back to PA. I was amazed to see I averaged just under 30 mpg. What a great car. I look forward to driving it whenever I can...ds
__________________

Weekend driver...
2008 335i Convertible
Platinum Bronze Metallic
M Sports suspension
Sport package
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2014, 03:42 PM
hhibmw hhibmw is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Hilton Head Island, SC
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 251
Mein Auto: 2010 328i Black sedan
Just traveled from Hilton Head Island, SC to Knoxville, TN and back, 845 miles at 30.5 mpg in my 2010 328i sedan.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-22-2014, 04:07 PM
hondo402000 hondo402000 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Charlotte, NC
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,910
Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven_J_M View Post
Took my 335i from Ramstein AB in Germany to Barcelona, Spain, to Lagrasse, France, back to Ramstein....about 1,800 miles. Averaged over 70 mph the entire way and over 28 mpg. My last tank was 434 miles with cruise control kept at 88 mph with dips due to a few construction zones and slower speed limits here and there...regardless average was over 80 mph and put in 14.5 gallons....29.9 mph. Obviously we do not buy these cars for their gas mileage however I am extremely thrilled with the performance and mileage on this trip. I am almost at 8k miles now....man, I love this car!!
you are suppose to do 150 MPH on the autobahn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! screw the gas mileage
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Nordic_Kat's Avatar
Nordic_Kat Nordic_Kat is offline
Omnes rationi moderatum
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,372
Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo402000 View Post
you are suppose to do 150 MPH on the autobahn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! screw the gas mileage
LOL! Another urban legend! The prevailing speed in the right lane of the autobahn hovers around the 75-85 mph (120-135 km/h)region. When and only when you have really checked your rearview mirror, do you venture out into that left lane and be prepared to have your foot stuffed deeply into the accelerator to pass whatever obstacle you perceive in the right lane will you jump into the +100 mph range. What we Americans tend to either ignore or forget is that for every heavy breathing Porsche, BMW or MB that might be running the autobahn there are 5 tightly wound up Opels, small engine VWs or Ford Escorts.
__________________
If your sport doesn't put blood, dirt or grease under your fingernails,
then it's just a game.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-22-2014, 07:58 PM
DallasBimmer's Avatar
DallasBimmer DallasBimmer is offline
BIG D BIMMERS
Location: Dallas
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 832
Mein Auto: '13 535i MSPORT,'10 E93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
LOL! Another urban legend! The prevailing speed in the right lane of the autobahn hovers around the 75-85 mph (120-135 km/h)region. When and only when you have really checked your rearview mirror, do you venture out into that left lane and be prepared to have your foot stuffed deeply into the accelerator to pass whatever obstacle you perceive in the right lane will you jump into the +100 mph range. What we Americans tend to either ignore or forget is that for every heavy breathing Porsche, BMW or MB that might be running the autobahn there are 5 tightly wound up Opels, small engine VWs or Ford Escorts.
Correct! This helped me in Frankfurt :

http://www.gettingaroundgermany.info/autobahn.shtml


http://www.caranddriver.com/features...erman-autobahn
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-23-2014, 05:09 AM
hondo402000 hondo402000 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Charlotte, NC
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,910
Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
well I was there in 1983, seems things have changed, but it did say there are still areas that maybe have suggested speed limits but to not piss off the porsche and BMW and Mercedes owner/voters they are not enforced.

would have been nice to open if up for a few miles
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-23-2014, 08:20 AM
335i Driver 335i Driver is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: IL
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,246
Mein Auto: 335i
It gets better with mileage. On my 350 mile trip over easter I averaged an indicated 35.5 mpg with the cruise set at 75. I was actually at over 36 until I have to slow down, sppeed up due to traffic. If I get over 80 it drops to 29-30mpg, but I could also get close to 40 if I set the cruise at 65. I know my actual is about 1 mpg less than indicated, but that's pretty damn good when I'm putting out about 325 hp.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-23-2014, 09:22 AM
mossman35 mossman35 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: VT
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 812
Mein Auto: 2011 335i x Coupe M sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i Driver View Post
It gets better with mileage. On my 350 mile trip over easter I averaged an indicated 35.5 mpg with the cruise set at 75. I was actually at over 36 until I have to slow down, sppeed up due to traffic. If I get over 80 it drops to 29-30mpg, but I could also get close to 40 if I set the cruise at 65. I know my actual is about 1 mpg less than indicated, but that's pretty damn good when I'm putting out about 325 hp.
Must be pretty flat out there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms