Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 04-25-2014, 01:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
TCU MULF2 questions Telematics

My head is spinning right now after reading lots of posts on this. I'll explain my problem first. Water got into my trunk and it likely fried one those 2 things, maybe both. I became aware when I got the "SOS system malfunction" yellow warning on my dash and nav system. I am now into my CPO warranty and that does not cover the nav/radio/bluetooth.

I can not make calls through bluetooth and my USB ports no longer have power or connectivity either. I have a 2011 335d (E90, build date of March 26, 2010) with Nav, bluetooth. I do not have BMW apps functionality.

What I am trying to figure out is what does the MULF2 control and what does the TCU control? Basically which one do I need to replace?

Here's what the little metal boxes I took out of my trunk say:
BMW MULF2-High Basis SVS
84109229740 - 01 (This is the BMW part #)
EC:965 HW: 13 00 00
AB731098 100991-10 21.03.2010 SW:08.11.00

BMW TCU1.5 MOST GSM US
SW:0D.01.03 HW:19.00.01
84109231090 - 01

Not sure if any of that is relevant. From what I've read I can buy a used ones and replace them. There might be some coding I need to do. Are there newer versions with newer software that might add additional functionality, aka maybe BMW apps? so I can play pandora or itunes via bluetooth? Or how about just not needing to use that Y cable in the center console and just being able to use a USB cable?

Is it worth considering buying something like the MOBridge or Dension Gateway instead?

I've also heard that if I program the SOS warning light away the bluetooth might come back, but I have a sneaky suspicion the water killed the whole device.

Any other advice, info, etc you are willing to share on this I'd be extremely grateful for.

Thanks,
Jim
Ads by Google
Old 04-26-2014, 05:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
TCU is Bluetooth and BMW assist.

Mulf is a multimedia unit that control Bluetooth and USB input. Maybe something things but I don't think you can have both. Just one or the other. To be honest, not sure on this one

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |