Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 04-28-2014, 05:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 323i
Still learning on where to post things

I'm looking at replacing the fsu resistor on my 2000 323i this weekend. I read a post awhile back and can't seem to find it again. Anyway I have a couple of questions regarding the matter. If anyone could post a diagram of it and where it is it photos, I'd appreciate it. I saw that it's supposed to be under the dash behind the glovebox. Do I need to disconnect the battery before removing it or take any special care when doing so?
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 328i
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=472392

TIAG 328I ZPP

DIYs: Vanos Oil line, Water Pump w/ Pulley, Radiator Hoses, Valve Cover Gasket, Belts, FSU/FSR, Rear Wheel Bearings, Sway Bar Links, NGK BKR6EQUP Spark Plugs, M1 0W-40 oil changes

Mods: V2.5 Angel Eyes
Old 05-14-2014, 06:41 AM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW 3-series
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarN View Post
Yes. This one is the best.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 323i
I'm having issues removing or just moving the air duct and the central motor so I can pull it out
Old 05-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertooberto View Post
I'm having issues removing or just moving the air duct and the central motor so I can pull it out
I didn't remove my air duct. I just pushed the motor out of the way. As for the FSU, there is a little clip holding it. Push it and pull the FSU. I had my feat up on the seats, and my back pushed up against the footwell. I did use both hands to get it out though.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

TIAG 328I ZPP

DIYs: Vanos Oil line, Water Pump w/ Pulley, Radiator Hoses, Valve Cover Gasket, Belts, FSU/FSR, Rear Wheel Bearings, Sway Bar Links, NGK BKR6EQUP Spark Plugs, M1 0W-40 oil changes

Mods: V2.5 Angel Eyes