Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics by BAVSOUND

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics by BAVSOUND
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Old 01-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 435i GC
Car stereo stuck in AUX mode

havent driven my car in about 2 weeks. Weathers been bad using my other car.

When to heat up the car a little before I jumped in. When I came back the Bluetooth was connected to my phone playing music. Since I have the USB cable I normally plug my iPhone 6 into that cord to play music. I was unable to select that option. So usually a simple iPhone reset and it's good.

But this time when I reset the phone and when to choose any option it showed no USB connect. Bluetooth was highlighted but not functing, for music, and the AUX was checked off sayings (front).

I tried doing a hard reset to the iPhone 3x
Turned the car off about 3x times.
Reconnected my Bluetooth. (Contacts and phone still work)

And nothing will get rid of the AUX option. I even plugged a 3.5 headphone jack into the aux slot and removed it. Nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 320i & 328 M Sport
Any luck resolving this issue?
Old 01-16-2017, 01:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 330i
Have you tried disconnecting your car battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting? Unfortunately we don't like in a world anymore where giving your electronics a solid whack will do any good, so power cycling id the way to go.

In the past, some BMWs (especially the X5) would come back to life after the battery reset, but would need to be driven a few feet to get all of the idiot lights on the dash to turn off. This procedure shouldn't do anything untoward to your car, but thought I'd mention it.

First thing I would try after all of the other steps you have taken. Let us know how it works out!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics by BAVSOUND
Today's Posts Search