Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 08-27-2014, 09:17 AM

Mein Auto: '15 435i GC
Audio upgrade recommendations?

I just received my 2015 435i Gran Coupe and am planning to upgrade the standard (non-HK) audio. It seems the obvious first step is to order a Technic harness but I'm undecided from there. Essentially what I'm after is:

Cleanest possible 2-channel audio
Don't care for surround sound, DSP etc...
Completely stealth install
Active sub in custom enclosure in hidden trunk space

I'm an audiophile and have always used Dynaudio speakers in the past. What other comparable speakers are out there that I should consider?

Also any suggestions for 4-channel amp? Helix? Audison? Hertz? I used to install high end car audio professionally in a past life but almost all the major players have seemingly changed since then...

Lastly any tips for minimizing hiss/whine from the factory head unit?
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2014, 04:12 PM

Mein Auto: '15 435i GC
Well so far I've come up with:

(1) Helix Match PP82DSP
(4) Focal IFBMW-S
(2) FocalIFBMW-Sub

My biggest concern is that the Focal speakers seem a bit handicapped (40w power handling) as they were designed as drop-in replacements for the factory speakers. I'm trying to research the BMW factory replacements offered by Helix/Match but that information is almost impossible to find from their website or dealer network.