Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-07-2014, 05:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i Convertible
X3 Color Options

Here are my choices on the lot, which is your favorite?

Alpine White with Black
Black Sapphire Metallic with Oyster
Black Sapphire Metallic with Saddle Brown
Black Sapphire Metallic with Black/Grey Contrast Stitching
Space Grey Metallic with Black
Space Grey Metallic with Oyster
Mineral Silver Metallic with Black/Grey Contrast Stitching

I'm indecisive on which I love best, they all offer the same packages and interior trim. Any input would be much appreciated! I'm leaning towards white or black, but completely unsure about which interior color for black!
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2014, 06:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z3 & X3
Of the list above the darker Mineral Silver Metallic would be my choice but I suggest you pick what your knee jerk gut reaction pleases you, not what others like.

My X3 is Vermillion Red with black leather and dark wood trim. My wife hates it but I really like it. That, plus some other reasons, like she did not want me to buy the X3 in the first place, is why she calls it the "Red Bitch". I am dissappointed vermillion red is no longer offered.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:12 PM

Mein Auto: x
I love the alpine white when its clean but honestly I got bored with the color fairly quickly.
Black sapphire is awesome, especially in the sun.
Stay away from Oyster - it shows dirt, grime so fast and worse, my most expensive jeans rub blue dye on the seats that I cant get off. I will never buy oyster color seats again.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:27 PM

Mein Auto: x3 35i
I would do the black metallic and oyster. But I have a child and it wouldn't stay clean for too long.

RhoXS how come your wife doesn't like the color and interior? I think your color choice is awesome. I have the reverse. Carbon black with the cinnamon leathers.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-07-2014, 09:37 PM

I love alpine white and black sapphire when they're both clean! White seems much easier to keep clean, and it also looks young and fresh. Black seems sporty but gets dirty so fast! I won't be choosing oyster, I also had it in 2011 328i hardtop and my jeans left marks! My final choice is between these three and I really need help on what looks best! I love input

Black sapphire metallic with black / grey contrast stitching
Black sapphire metallic with saddle brown
Alpine white with black
Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 PM

alpine white with black gets my final vote but just barely over black sapphire with saddle brown.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymonkey View Post
alpine white with black gets my final vote but just barely over black sapphire with saddle brown.
Thank you Hockey! Much appreciated.

Any particular reason why white is your final vote?
Old 05-08-2014, 03:53 AM

Mein Auto: 318d
maybe you can try also carbon black with mocha interior if your planning to get m sport, i saw it in person and it look great
Old 05-08-2014, 05:56 AM

Mein Auto: Hoping for an X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrike View Post
maybe you can try also carbon black with mocha interior if your planning to get m sport, i saw it in person and it look great
I may order that combo! Do you recall what interior trim you saw with it? I'm torn between the anthracite and burl walnut. I'm not nure if the grey-black anthracite goes well with the mocha seat or not. Thought the burl walnut might bring it all together more nicely.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:45 AM

I'm actually not a fan of M sport, and I'd like to stick with the three options I prefer best
Old 05-08-2014, 09:58 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 3.0d Msport
Sorry to tag on, but I'm about to order Carbon Black. Currently have 2011 model with Carbon Black and Black leather. Thinking about a change.

Mentioned above is the Mocha / CB combo. My other half tells me brown and black should never be seen together, it really goes well? I was thinking about the lighter colors also, but got put off by some of the stories with jeans discoloring then :-/

(Dealer doesn't have any Mocha so I can't tell for real what it looks like :-()
Old 05-08-2014, 12:05 PM

in my opinion the best color combo for black or carbon black is lighter shade of leather like cream beige etc but for a guy like me who is always on jeans i prefer darker shade of leather. black is the safest choice but if you have an carbon black and black interior and anthracite for me its too dark or boring so i have chosen and saw the combo of carbon black with mocha leather it was nice ., you also have to change the fine aluminum trim on the inside if you want to use mocha maybe a little wood effect will be nice too.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgroarke View Post
Sorry to tag on, but I'm about to order Carbon Black. Currently have 2011 model with Carbon Black and Black leather. Thinking about a change.

Mentioned above is the Mocha / CB combo. My other half tells me brown and black should never be seen together, it really goes well? I was thinking about the lighter colors also, but got put off by some of the stories with jeans discoloring then :-/

(Dealer doesn't have any Mocha so I can't tell for real what it looks like :-()
im also about to order the same combo too the mocha is with x stitches on the headliner but i was planning to change the aluminum panels inside i dont think it goes well with mocha leather and the one that they use look cheap IMO
Old 05-08-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrike View Post
in my opinion the best color combo for black or carbon black is lighter shade of leather like cream beige etc but for a guy like me who is always on jeans i prefer darker shade of leather. black is the safest choice but if you have an carbon black and black interior and anthracite for me its too dark or boring so i have chosen and saw the combo of carbon black with mocha leather it was nice ., you also have to change the fine aluminum trim on the inside if you want to use mocha maybe a little wood effect will be nice too.
Agree. I like the mocha with the carbon black. It is different than your standard black which I agree would be safer.

As much as I like the anthracite trim, with a black interior it become too much black. To quote the movie Spinal Tap, "how much more black can it be? None, none more black."

I like the burl walnut trim with either interior. It goes well with the mocha as a transition piece from the brownish seats to the black dash, eyc, and with the black leather seats it works well as an accent piece.

So I think I am settled on the burl walnut trim and the carbon black exterior. Leaning heavily toward the mocha seats. Hopefully I can see some in the dealership tonight and I love them as much in person as I think I will and it makes this a no brainer.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisinCain27 View Post
Agree. I like the mocha with the carbon black. It is different than your standard black which I agree would be safer.

As much as I like the anthracite trim, with a black interior it become too much black. To quote the movie Spinal Tap, "how much more black can it be? None, none more black."

I like the burl walnut trim with either interior. It goes well with the mocha as a transition piece from the brownish seats to the black dash, eyc, and with the black leather seats it works well as an accent piece.

So I think I am settled on the burl walnut trim and the carbon black exterior. Leaning heavily toward the mocha seats. Hopefully I can see some in the dealership tonight and I love them as much in person as I think I will and it makes this a no brainer.
hahaha we have the same problem im also confused what to take and i have to do it soon the dealer is already waiting for my order., i was also thinking of changing the shadow line to aluminum trim for the windows but for the roof railings will still be on shadow line., what would you think?
Old 05-08-2014, 01:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535i.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymonkey View Post
I love the alpine white when its clean but honestly I got bored with the color fairly quickly.
Black sapphire is awesome, especially in the sun.
Stay away from Oyster - it shows dirt, grime so fast and worse, my most expensive jeans rub blue dye on the seats that I cant get off. I will never buy oyster color seats again.
I have sapphire black and oyster on my 2012 535i and have never had any problems with the interior staining or picking up color from clothes. I clean and condition the leather about every 6 months or so, and haven't noticed any significant grime buildup. And that color combination looks great.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:51 PM

The mocha is quite nice. Even my wife who was dead set against it saw it and said "that is going to look good."

I saw the mocha in an X5, not an X3, so it did not have the orange accent stitching. I think that is going to make it even better!

So my final color combo is Carbon Black exterior, shadow line exterior trim, mocha leather interior with orange accent stitching, anthracite headliner, and burl walnut trim. Again, my wife who is not a big fan of wood accents actually liked the burl walnut too!

Nice to have the wife in agreement on these things.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisinCain27 View Post
The mocha is quite nice. Even my wife who was dead set against it saw it and said "that is going to look good."

I saw the mocha in an X5, not an X3, so it did not have the orange accent stitching. I think that is going to make it even better!

So my final color combo is Carbon Black exterior, shadow line exterior trim, mocha leather interior with orange accent stitching, anthracite headliner, and burl walnut trim. Again, my wife who is not a big fan of wood accents actually liked the burl walnut too!

Nice to have the wife in agreement on these things.

You can also change the shadow line trim along the windows if you like
Old 05-09-2014, 01:24 AM

Hey guys! Went to a dealer, and they were awful. Decided to go elsewhere and found a nice bmw lot selling a 15' x3 with alpine white and mocha with orange contrast.

I haven't seen mocha in person, and was wondering if it looks like the bmw isa photos. I saw saddle brown and I hated it actually, so if mocha is anything like it let me know!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:42 AM

Mein Auto: F25 35D MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpellieev View Post
Hey guys! Went to a dealer, and they were awful. Decided to go elsewhere and found a nice bmw lot selling a 15' x3 with alpine white and mocha with orange contrast.

I haven't seen mocha in person, and was wondering if it looks like the bmw isa photos. I saw saddle brown and I hated it actually, so if mocha is anything like it let me know!
I've only seen a swatch of Mocha, it's a good colour, quite dark. So much depends on where you live as to what colour looks best. I'm in the dark and damp UK so I prefer lighter colours inside. As you're in CA a dark colour inside could be welcome. Saddle is quite bold I suppose but it's also a very traditional colour for leather. Having had Black/Oyster with wood for 3 years I'm swapping to Space Gray / Saddle with aluminium trim for a contrasting change.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpellieev View Post

Having seen (and ordered) the mocha last night it is defintiely in the brown, not tan, family. As I said in an earlier post, it even earned my wife as a convert who hates tan, always wants black seats, but saw the mocha and said "that's a lot nicer than I thought it was going to be."

It lives up to it's name. I'm sitting here staring at my Starbucks iced coffee with just a splash of milk in it (just a splash) and the color seems about right.

I did not see it with the orange contrast stiching. Personally I think I'll like it even more with that but it may not be to everyone's tasts.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:07 AM

Thank you both!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:21 AM

Mein Auto: F25 35D MSport
I must admit I'm considering Glacier Silver (black ext trim) and Mocha. Saddle is quite strong and I may tire of it. Mocha detailing is good too.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:23 PM

Anyone have a picture of how mocha looks?

SO here are my two options now!

Alpine White with black interior and fineline anthracite trim
Alpine White with mocha / orange constrast stitching and burl walnut trim

I prefer fineline trim, but maybe burl would look nice? also the fineline trim doesnt have the x line package, and the mocha does which i prefer the wheels on
Old 05-09-2014, 07:51 PM

My vote would be for the fineline trim. The burl is much lighter and to me looks very yellow. I think the fineline blends nicely going from the black to the black on the dashboard. It wont have that jump at you contrast between the brown mocha to yellow to black. That is how I see it anyways.

Last edited by Hockeymonkey; 05-09-2014 at 07:52 PM.