Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-07-2014, 09:19 AM

Mein Auto: Honda POS
?'s on CPO Program for 2014

I am looking into a 2011 328i CPO. I looked last year and didn't pull the trigger, but from what I see this year there have been some changes to the program. From what I read here:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte.../Warranty.aspx

it appears Nav/Stereo is now covered....I don't see any exclusion. Also from what I read CPO Wrap is not available any longer. The info says for vehiccles purchased prior to 1/1/14. There is also the addition of the CPO Elite.

Am I reading all this correctly?

I would also like to hear from those of you who have had CPO's and what your experiences were with warranty work...good and bad.

Thanks!!

Last edited by koctail; 05-07-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2014, 02:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 328xi Coupe
Glad to see Nav/Stereo finally covered under CPO. I had my Nav replaced last year after the hard drive failed 6 months out of 4/50. CPO didn't cover but lucked out when selling dealership stepped up to the plate and "goodwilled" the cost of the part. I recently had a coil replaced under CPO and the belt tensioner. All CPO repairs require a $50 deductible, so I've dropped a cool hundred on "covered" repairs.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i xDrive Sedan
Funny, I bought my CPO on 1/4/14 and thought that the radio/nav were not covered (and hence thought about buying a Wrap). It sucks that CPO doesn't transfer to the next owner any more, but I don't foresee selling my car in the next few years, so it hopefully is moot for my situation. I didn't have complaints on CPO when I owned a 2006 550i.

Mick

Edit: Actually, the transfer application indicates that you CAN transfer the CPO warranty to the next owner in a private-to-private transaction by paying $200 within 60 days. I feel much better.

Last edited by Mick the Quick; 05-07-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:23 PM

I actually edited my original post. I did a little more research on the transfer of CPO. Private party transfer is allowed apparently, but that is the only way the CPO can be transferred on to the next buyer. e.g. If you trade the BMW with CPO on it at an Audi dealer when the Audi dealer resells that car the CPO is void.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Didn't see this when I bought my CPO on the fourth if January.

Jet Black | Oyster/black Dakota | Navigation | Premium package | Sport Package | Heated seats
Old 05-08-2014, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
I would call BMW NA and get verification that the Nav/audio system is covered. From what I can tell it is not.

The document that details what is not covered says Accessories are not covered.

I would consider the Nav unit an accessory.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 05-08-2014, 12:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i xDrive Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post
I would call BMW NA and get verification that the Nav/audio system is covered. From what I can tell it is not.

The document that details what is not covered says Accessories are not covered.

I would consider the Nav unit an accessory.
Well, what it states is:

"Accessories (Standard and Optional)

All non-original equipment, parts or accessories."

So, "non-original" modifies "equipment", "parts" and "accessories." Navi is definitely not "non-original" anything (sorry about the double negatives).

Mick
Old 05-08-2014, 12:40 PM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick the Quick View Post
Well, what it states is:

"Accessories (Standard and Optional)

All non-original equipment, parts or accessories."

So, "non-original" modifies "equipment", "parts" and "accessories." Navi is definitely not "non-original" anything (sorry about the double negatives).

Mick
The way I took that, is non-original means accessories retrofitted at the dealer or after the vehicle rolled off the assembly line.

This is purposely left as a grey area so consumers think it's covered.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 05-08-2014, 01:03 PM

Hey, it's OK we are confused. BMWNA is too. I spoke with a rep at BMWNA and he told me yes there is a new program for vehicles with CPO certification after 1/1/14. He had to put me on hold several times to look up info and he confirmed that NAV and Stereo are covered now. He also indicated that bulbs/headlamps are covered as well. I told him on the document I saw it said "bulbs - incandescent, Xenon and LEDs" were not covered. He saw that on the document as well but indicated it was incorrect, so we aren't the only ones confused on some of these issues. BMW seems to be as well. The sales rep I dealt with was totally clueless. He didn't know about a new program. I'm not surprised by that though.

As far as accessories, that would normally refer to items that aren't permanently installed in the vehicle. e.g. floor mats.

Last edited by koctail; 05-08-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X5
There is a statement of certification that your dealer should have had you sign upon purchasing your new CPO...did you not sign that?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-08-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malves View Post
There is a statement of certification that your dealer should have had you sign upon purchasing your new CPO...did you not sign that?

I haven't purchased yet, still shopping. Probably won't pull the trigger until summer when there is more inventory/incentives.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCoupe View Post
Glad to see Nav/Stereo finally covered under CPO. I had my Nav replaced last year after the hard drive failed 6 months out of 4/50. CPO didn't cover but lucked out when selling dealership stepped up to the plate and "goodwilled" the cost of the part. I recently had a coil replaced under CPO and the belt tensioner. All CPO repairs require a $50 deductible, so I've dropped a cool hundred on "covered" repairs.
Good to hear. I received a replacement driver's seat leather, under a "goodwill" repair, about a month ago. The deductible for a CPO repair isn't bad, though in your case, the $50 almost covers the cost of the coil but not the labor. Our local dealer is good outfit, generally speaking, so it's good to have them nearby!
Old 05-08-2014, 06:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 328xi Coupe
Yeah, Bridgeport isn't bad, but it was Ridgefield, where I bought the car, that goodwilled the Nav. Bridgeport wanted $1400 for that fix and I walked.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
Good to hear. I received a replacement driver's seat leather, under a "goodwill" repair, about a month ago. The deductible for a CPO repair isn't bad, though in your case, the $50 almost covers the cost of the coil but not the labor. Our local dealer is good outfit, generally speaking, so it's good to have them nearby!
What was wrong with your leather?

Jet Black | Oyster/black Dakota | Navigation | Premium package | Sport Package | Heated seats