Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-07-2014, 10:02 PM

Mein Auto: Palo Alto
Is this a good lease offer on a '14 X3?

I didn't do much negotiating yet, but this was the offer on a 2014 X3:

2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i
+ Space Gray Metallic
+ DAP
+ Lighting Package
+ Premium
+ Technology
+ X-Line
+ Satin Roof Rails
+ Heated Front Seats
+ Wood trim
Total Suggested Price: $51,325
Offered Price: $46,265
MF: .0012
Residual: 57%
Payments: $578+tax = $625

Again, this is what he offered up front without much negotiating. I mentioned I've seen more aggressive deals and he said this is it, already below invoice, etc.

Here's the kicker--I'm over mileage on my existing lease that I'm turning as part of the pull-ahead program, which they're charging me about $3,500 for. Spread over the lease payments increases the total monthly by an additional ~$100.

A couple questions:
1) Is this a good deal? I feel like I've seen better...
2) Any advice on how to work around the mile overage?
3) Tips on next steps?
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2014, 04:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 3GT 28i
That does not look like a good deal to me. They are taking $5K off MSRP. People around hear are saying they are getting up to $7k-$9K off. Perhaps if your dealer only has a few 2014's left they are not inclined to give up that much of a discount figuring that they will move them eventually.

Can't help you on the lease question but as for next moves since you are in California I suggest getting in touch with a forum sponsor to see what they can offer as far as deals on 2014 models. Specifically Justin at New Century or Greg at Pacific BMW. Trick will be finding a car configured the way you want. But if you can save several thousand might be worth the drive from the Bay Area one weekend.

Or maybe better fly to save the miles given your lease issue!