Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-15-2014, 02:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i xdrive
Happy Birthday to my Bimmer!

Today is one year since I bought my 2011 328i xdrive and except for catching a smash and grab guy in the act and a turkey standing on the hood it's been nothing but good times! During the brutal winter last year in New England it always started and whenever I was sure it would get stuck in the snow it plowed right through. This is my first Bimmer and hopefully not my last. She had 27,111 miles one year ago today and is now up to 30,308 for a whopping 3197 miles driven. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

Pauls Beemah photo PaulsBimmer.jpg

Last edited by Why Me?; 05-15-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 05-15-2014, 02:34 PM
wooohooo

Mein Auto: '08 335i coupe 6MT sport
Oh, you were the turkey guy!

I just have to link that thread for those who missed it, I hope you don't mind.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...185&highlight=

Happy B-day.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i M Sport
3,197 Miles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Me? View Post
Today is one year since I bought my 2011 328i xdrive and except for catching a smash and grab guy in the act and a turkey standing on the hood it's been nothing but good times! During the brutal winter last year in New England it always started and whenever I was sure it would get stuck in the snow it plowed right through. This is my first Bimmer and hopefully not my last. She had 27,111 miles one year ago today and is now up to 30,308 for a whopping 3197 miles driven. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

Pauls Beemah photo PaulsBimmer.jpg
What do you only drive it on Days the Pats play a home game?
Old 05-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Me? View Post
Today is one year since I bought my 2011 328i xdrive and except for catching a smash and grab guy in the act and a turkey standing on the hood it's been nothing but good times!
So, you actually had to deal with two turkeys!! Happy Birthday, it's looking good!!

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 05-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 E93
Happy Birthday!

....oh, and don't mess with the Brookline turkeys!

Quote:
Wild turkeys terrorize Massachusetts town residents

BROOKLINE, Mass.
Aggressive turkeys are coming after some Massachusetts residents, prompting one town to consider seeking approval to trap and kill the birds.

In particular, three large male turkeys seem to be leading the assault in Brookline, CBS station WBZ in Boston reported. A meeting was held on Dec. 6 at the Brookline Police Station to discuss the poultry problem.

Karen Halvorson told WBZ that the turkeys have chased her on two occasions, banging on her front door and scratching her as she took her daily walk. She's taken precautions including buying a hiking stick to ward off the creatures and carrying her phone on her at all times. Halvorson was at the meeting.

"I can't believe we're living this way," she said.

Her husband has made piles of sticks around their house so they can throw them at the turkeys and run for cover. He's been attacked four times in the last three years.

They're not the only ones. Wild turkey complaints to Brookline police have doubled over the past couple of months. The problem is there are only two turkey hunting seasons a year in Massachusetts, and metropolitan areas have firearm bans. The nearby town Newton has also seen an increase of violent turkeys.

Brookline Animal Control Officer Pierre Verrier said to WBZ he gets calls almost every day to help shoo away the turkeys, and spends almost every morning shooing the birds away from Brookline High School students. Other people have reported trying to go to work and being chased by the turkeys.

Mail carrier Mike Bruno told WBZ that he gets attacked frequently during the week.

"I have to be quite aggressive to get them away. I usually pick up a stick and swing a stick at them. I can't turn my back on them because they'll come right after me," he said.