Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-16-2014, 02:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 Bmw 328xi
Exclamation Before I get my exhaust done

Alright so the time has come to give up on buying an exhaust off the internet. I was ready to order the Active Autowerkes Signature Exhaust but when I emailed them to confirm stock I was told they were out and were not going to have anything for 4-6 weeks. Being the 18 year old I am, I'm to impatient to wait that long. I think what I want to do is to go to an exhaust shop and do a stainless muffler and resonator delete. The question I have is will either of these cause a check engine light or require me to get a tune? Or even worse is this just a stupid idea in general? I understand it will be loud and thats fine with me. Just looking for some insight before taking the plunge. Any comment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Bryce
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2014, 05:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335is coupe
Try B&B mufflers (Billy Boat) on line , had them on Many types of cars, hot rods, corvettes and currently on my 2011 335is, get the sport model , you put in type of car, made to fit, my order came in 3 days.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce328xi View Post
Alright so the time has come to give up on buying an exhaust off the internet. I was ready to order the Active Autowerkes Signature Exhaust but when I emailed them to confirm stock I was told they were out and were not going to have anything for 4-6 weeks. Being the 18 year old I am, I'm to impatient to wait that long. I think what I want to do is to go to an exhaust shop and do a stainless muffler and resonator delete. The question I have is will either of these cause a check engine light or require me to get a tune? Or even worse is this just a stupid idea in general? I understand it will be loud and thats fine with me. Just looking for some insight before taking the plunge. Any comment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Handy with tools?
Old 05-17-2014, 11:34 AM

Yes I have a shop with a hoist and a stick welder, but I have no way to bend pipe. Otherwise I would just do it myself.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Yes I have a shop with a hoist and a stick welder, but I have no way to bend pipe. Otherwise I would just do it myself.

Don't think you have to, then again buying ready-made is quick & neat....
Old 05-17-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Don't think you have to, then again buying ready-made is quick & neat....
What do I need to buy though? If I would want to do it myself? Also could you link me to the lifting blocks I'll need for my car? A good friend of the families said that you can't just hoist these cars up you have to have some special blocks.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
What do I need to buy though? If I would want to do it myself? Also could you link me to the lifting blocks I'll need for my car? A good friend of the families said that you can't just hoist these cars up you have to have some special blocks.

HERE's what I did - link to jack point diagram there too.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 525i
I just got my tri flow billy boat muffler for my 2007 525i and man! It sounds so wonderful, will be going to the show and shine andd it will be fun.