Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 06-01-2014, 05:03 AM

Mein Auto: F10 2014 535D E46 2003 M3
new guy need help on build

Hello all, I have been around bmws my whole life. I current have an f10 535d and a e46 m3 (yes its smg but it is 03 that doesn't have the crank issue) my question is I am slowly trying to build the m3 for race track. first issue is brakes and suspension. any advice on good setup for streets and race track. second I keep hearing that stock brakes are more then plenty yet every time I drive it around a few corners I do manage to fade the brakes. any advice on the brakes? also I have a set of original m roadster (z3 body) rims which I plan to run. so since they are 17's what are my options in terms of brakes. any help is appreciated thanks
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: what ever starts
Better fluid and pads. Get rid of the excess weight. What fluid are you running now?