Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:20 AM

Mein Auto: X3 3.0
F07 ConnectedDrive

Hi,

I recently bought a used F07 (Manuf. April 2013) that has some ConnectedDrive options in it. The car is a German spec. The options are:

- 609 Nav. Professional
- 612 BMW Assist
- 614 Internet Preparation
- 615 Extended BMW Online Info
- 616 BMW Online
- 6AA BMW TeleServices
- 6AB Control, Teleservices
- 6NL Bluetooth +USB
- 6NR Apps

However, I am confused with what do I get with these options. In the iDrive menu there are Office and ConnectedDrive available.

Having 612 and 614 does it mean that the car has a built in SIM installed?

If I go to ConnectedDrive menu, there are BMW Services with Mobile Care, Hotline and Your Service as sub functions. Then BMW Apps with just Connection Assistant. And PlugIn. But that's it.

I thought there somewhere there would be some widgets to show weather, internet browser and some other features as well.

Regarding Office, I tried to get my calendar and email into iDrive with no success. The phone is linked and I have configured the bluetooth device with all features but all it can show is contacts and text messages. Tried with iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy Plus running CyanogenMod 10.1 and also Samsung Galaxy III with Android 4.3. None will show the calendar. I have read tons of posts this being a common issue and that BMW.com actually informs that non of the devices are supported. Oh well...

Any tips on how to get the Connected drive features enabled or calendar and email functioning?

Here are some details on versions:
- Phone: TN-002.038.015
- Media: MN-002.038.015
- Bluetooth: TN-002.038.015-007.002
- Navigator: NBT_G14024I

Any info, advice or tips are very much appreciated.

-p
Ads by Google
Old 06-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535i GT M Sport
Ok sounds like a 2012 model with that manufacturing date.

I can only speak to the way it works on the 2014 but the car has a sim card and with the proper features, can access the internet. Online Widgets in iDrive provide me with a choice of 3 variations of Clock, weather and local photos.

BMW Apps requires your phone to be connected via USB with the BMW Connected App running. It takes a minute before the Apps show up in the iDrive though.

Office is a waste of time for anything other than messages. IMHO.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:44 PM

Mein Auto:
You have to first activate your car. Go to the internet and search for BMW ConnectedDrive Portal. Click on the first link and then register. You will need your VIN number for it. It will take a few days to get your car registered with your account. After your car is registered, BMW will then send an SMS to you confirming it. Logon with your account and then look for the BMW services tab. BMW online shows you weather and news. In BMW online you can get your emails and calendars as well. If you have Navigation Business (the small screen) you will get BMW online free for 6 months. If you have Navigation Professional (the Big Widescreen) you will then get it free for 2 years. If you want Internet then that will set you around 150 a year. You can also get BMW apps. This basically connecting your phone to your car and use apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Pandora and many more depending on what phone you have. Android users Are limited to the basic apps like Facebook and Twitter whereas iPhone users have access to many more apps like Pandora. If your car is not equipped with BMW apps then you can take it to your local dealer and they can retrofit it for you for 400. Your car does have a Built in SIM by the way.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app