Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 11-03-2004, 05:59 PM

Mein Auto: In the market
Someone hit my car!!

I have a 2004 325I with less than 5000 miles. I always park away from other cars and someone still managed to hit my car! Of course they did not leave any info. The damage is to the rear bumper. It has two tears, one about the size of a quarter the other is dime sized. The bumper also pulled away from the car where it meets the rear wheel well. Any ideas on what it will cost me to have a new rear bumper put on and painted? Thanks for any help
Ads by Google
Old 11-03-2004, 06:03 PM

Mein Auto: e30 318i
dam.. that sucks the big one..

stupid people who dont leave there info... they could have at least left some false contact info..
Old 11-03-2004, 06:29 PM
Ich bin ein Bimmerer

Mein Auto: 04 ZHP/4
sounds like something, maybe a trailer hitch, punctured the bumper, and then pulled at it when the drove off. Suck, bro! Sorry to hear that.

BMW parts will likely be very pricey, but aftermarket rear bumpers may be decent. Also, scour online junk yards or maybe Classifieds for people that are selling their stockers in favor of aftermarket pieces.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSPDiver
sounds like something, maybe a trailer hitch, punctured the bumper, and then pulled at it when the drove off. Suck, bro! Sorry to hear that.

BMW parts will likely be very pricey, but aftermarket rear bumpers may be decent. Also, scour online junk yards or maybe Classifieds for people that are selling their stockers in favor of aftermarket pieces.
Can't go aftermarket or junkyards, it's the wife's car she won't go for that. We are going to fix it with new parts, I am just curious what price range they might be in. It actually looks like something under the bumper poked through when it was hit. It is right on the corner of the bumper.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 White 328iC
Ouch! That bites! I hate inconsiderate people.

Only a guess, but it'll probably be somewhere between 2 and 3k to replace and repaint the bumper skin. More if there is damage underneath.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wag-zhp
Ouch! That bites! I hate inconsiderate people.

Only a guess, but it'll probably be somewhere between 2 and 3k to replace and repaint the bumper skin. More if there is damage underneath.
That's about what I was guessing. Just trying to find someone who has actually had it done.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 535 xi
Unhappy I feel your pain/Lease return

Last weekend while washing my beauty 2004 325CIC I discovered a scratch/scrape about the size of a credit card, slightly longer on rear passenger corner of vehicle. Clearly someone had parked next to me (the nite before) was backing out and cut the wheel too much while pulling out. DANG! It's my fault I should have parked further away from the mayhem of that night club, it's just that I expect people to be cautious drivers.
I'm a CDL air brakes approved bus driver and we espouse to a school of thought that states if you touch anything (except perhaps an errand small tree branch here and there) it's considered an accident.
As you'd expect, no note, number.... zero. My week was ruined.
I'd also be interested in getting a quote from the dealership on what it would take to compound it out and pretty much detail the whole car while they're at it. But, I will suffer and wait 'till the winter is over (we have some harsh ones in NY) and bring it in afterwards.
Now, some people advised me to just let it go since the car is on a lease. But I suspect that I will get hit with higher repair costs upon return (3 yrs from now) and that it might be easier and less work to fix and detail prior to surrendering the vehicle (asap).
Question: From your experience what can someone expect to be hit with when returning a lease? Also, is there anything particular about the paint and detailing of these cars that prohibit general body shops from doing the work?
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2004, 08:22 AM

ttt