Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-06-2014, 05:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 328i
Starter Removal, 2007 328i

To those who wan to do it yourself, be prepared for a fun job. First disconnect neg on battery, then remove cabin air cover and cover below that and then engine cover with 4 allen screws.

Do not remove fuel bar, disconnect electrical on fuel bar( two connections) then remove air filter and hose to throttle assembly. disconnect all connections on intake manifold. Remove two nuts on power steering tank and set aside out of the way.

Remove two torx screws on electrical distribution unit connected to intake , be sure to have solid connection to remove screws. Replace with two 6mm bolts. This is the hardest part of the job. Remove hose to throttle and remove throttle, replace gasket on throttle.

Remove intake manifold, replace gaskets, be careful, two hoses on back of intake and one elect connection. These are hard to remove, don't break hose. Remove manifold and starter is easy to remove. Disconnect elect and remove two torx bolts, E-14 socket. Buy a rachet with a swivel head to remove long bolt, also use penetrating oil and hope they free easy. Replace with new bolts

The hardest part for me was the air filter installation, took me an hour. It is a tight fit.

Savings 1000 dollars. Hope this helps as repair manuals never seem to be written by someone who ever did the job. Many mistakes, I just went to with looking each step as I was doing it, of course experience helps. Buy parts on e-bay Total cost of job $ 163 dollars, Starter, bolts, and gaskets.

Last edited by updownsidewall; 06-06-2014 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Left out parts buying
Ads by Google