Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:47 PM
GTony

Mein Auto: BMW 2011.5 Sdrive20d
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsActivist View Post
It should be valid at any dealer, at least that's my understanding. Problem is, I got a very aggressive price due to it being month-end and quarter-end. That's over tomorrow - June 30th. It's just a huge hassle go to another dealer, see if they have the car in stock with the same color and options, and if they have the same urgency to sell in July at the quarter-end price I got.

And it very unprofessional to literally take a deal off the table after we agreed on everything in person. If/when I get the car, it's probably going to cost more in both money, time, negotiation/hassle, travel, and wasting weekends continuing to car shop (it's not fun anymore).
I should have also made the following comment in my first reply.
You should be able to negotiate any car you see at a Dealer with any other Dealer.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X1 sDrive28i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by changw1 View Post
What is the outcome of this deal?
Yeah, what happened?
2011 Ford F-150 Limited (#3252 of 3700)
Retired: 08 Audi TT S-Line / 03 Ford SVT Lightning / 01 Ford SVT Lightning / 93 BMW 740iL / 90 BMW 535iM / 86 Porsche 944 Turbo / 83 Porsche 944
Old 08-24-2014, 07:59 AM
BMW Snow Plow User

Mein Auto: 330ci Convertible 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsActivist View Post
To add insult to injury, the manager made a snide comment about how their customers typically aren't concerned about $500-$1,000 differences in price, and that the "relationship" with the dealership was what they were focused on. I don't know about most people, but $1,000 is real money to me, not to be thrown away.
Yeah, really bad judgement on his/her part. They really have a lack of estimating what this does to their precious "relationship" between them and the customer.

I work for a very prestigious company these days.

Recently I started talking numbers with a Mercedes dealer and there was a "well, money should be no object" statement thrown in. In the 1990s I had the same "well, money should be no object" in a similar talk from a Mercedes dealer in Europe.

In both cases I had enough cashflow to pay for the vehicle, but in the elder days when I worked for an unknown startup "money should be no object" meant "Money should be no object for you, so you should just pony up the cash and pay asking price so that you can impress the ladies".

Today "money should be no object" means "we really want you as a customer given that you come from BMW and work for that famous company, so money should be no object for us and we will price very 'aggressively'".