Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 06-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750Li
Does the CPO warranty cover cameras?

My driver side camera is out, and I could not find anything related to them under what is covered for BMW's CPO program. Does anyone know?
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2014, 01:31 PM

Mein Auto: F01 750i
I think it depends on which package you got....I got the wrap which I was told was everything.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:53 PM
2009 750i

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by J750 View Post
My driver side camera is out, and I could not find anything related to them under what is covered for BMW's CPO program. Does anyone know?

I'm pretty sure it does. My side view cameras stopped working one time and they fixed it under CPO. It ended up being a wiring problem only but they did order the replacement part and said they would have replaced it if it was found defective.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2009 750i Imperial Blue Metallic, Style 253 Wheels
Old 06-30-2014, 05:34 PM

Does the CPO warranty cover cameras?

Mine was covered.

Edit: I take that back. Looking at the work order again today, mine were replaced while I still had factory warranty.

Sent from Raj's Kia

The grocery getter

Last edited by Ram750; 06-30-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:07 AM
DJeargazm

Mein Auto: 2010 750i x-drive m-sport
I just brought my 2010 currently under CPO warranty to BMW of Bridgeport CT for service.
My complaints were:
Faulty passenger side side camera which only occasionally works. When it does, it's fuzzy and flickers. Then it turns blue and both black out and I get a "Camera Malfunction" warning in the HUD.
The other problem I have is the driver side headrest doesn't move up and down. If I hit the "gentleman function" button I can move the passenger side headrest up and down from the driver side controls so It's likely a bad motor.

The dealer told me that both issues would have been covered under the original warranty but since I'm in the "extended" CPO neither issue is covered. I wasn't happy.

2010 BMW 750i M sport
Jet Black, Black Nappa Leather, Ash Grain Wood Trim
Fully Loaded

Previous: 2003 BMW 745Li Sterling Gray Metallic
Old 07-01-2014, 02:07 PM

Mein Auto: 750i 740i 330ci
That sounds about right... I passed on the BMW CPO for my car and just got an aftermarket (which is pretty much bumper to bumper) for that reason. So far, they've paid out 2500 in claims just for rims and tires. But my deductible is 250 (not applicable to tires/rims, so they paid that out fully). BMW CPO also doesn't cover Suspension parts, which for our cars are not cheap. I didn't think to check if they didn't cover electronics to this extent though. I will say I got it more for the big stuff (like Turbos, leaks, transmission), not so much for cameras or other things that I can just fix for 250 or less.

F01 750i Dark Graphite Metallic
M-Sport | Driver Assistance | Luxury Seating | Camera | Convenience | Premium Sound | 20" 303M Wheels | Ceramic Controls
MODS: BMS Stage 1 Tune | PedalBox | M-Sport Paddle Shift Steering Wheel | 5000k HID | Tint | Taillight LCI Tint | Mtec V3 Halo LED | Coded.
E38 740i Jet Black
Sport | PDC | Convenience | Sunshade | Navigation
MODS: Paddle Shift Retrofit | Brushed Aluminum Gauge Rings | Tint | MKIV NAV | 4500K HID | 3M DiNOC Carbon Fiber Trim | Heated Seats | Coded
Old 07-01-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aom View Post
That sounds about right... I passed on the BMW CPO for my car and just got an aftermarket (which is pretty much bumper to bumper) for that reason. So far, they've paid out 2500 in claims just for rims and tires. But my deductible is 250 (not applicable to tires/rims, so they paid that out fully). BMW CPO also doesn't cover Suspension parts, which for our cars are not cheap. I didn't think to check if they didn't cover electronics to this extent though. I will say I got it more for the big stuff (like Turbos, leaks, transmission), not so much for cameras or other things that I can just fix for 250 or less.
http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/_teaserpool_...07_2010_en.pdf

Looks like the CPO warranty in Canada does cover front & rear suspension components.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:14 PM

Mein Auto: F01 750i
Quote:
Interesting....in my wrap, they told me everything was covered excluding brakes & tires?
Old 07-01-2014, 06:05 PM

This is from the CPO brochure, what I didn't realize is that it doesn't even cover the navigation system or most high priced electronic components... wow BMW CPO has to offer one of the least coverage on the market.

The Certified Pre-Owned BMW
Limited Warranty: What is covered
In general: The Certified Pre-Owned BMW
Limited Warranty is designed to protect owners
from defects in materials or workmanship on
covered parts and components. This broad
coverage includes the following parts and
systems:
Engine
Automatic/manual
transmission
Final-drive assembly,
propeller shaft(s)
Steering
Hydraulic brake parts
Anti-lock Braking
System (ABS)
Electrical
Air conditioning/
heating system
Cooling system
Fuel system
Other Terms and Conditions
Handling charge: There is a $50.00 handling
charge (per repair visit) that must be paid by
the customer for any repairs covered under the
terms of the Certified Pre-Owned BMW Limited
Warranty.
Transfers
The Certified Pre-Owned BMW Protection Plan
is fully transferable from the original Certified Pre-
Owned BMW purchaser or lessee to subsequent
owner(s) or lessee(s).
Repair services
While customers may elect to use a nonapproved
repair facility for maintenance or repairs,
BMW is not obligated to pay for any such repair
(even if covered under the Certified Pre-Owned
BMW Limited Warranty). To obtain service under
the Certified Pre-Owned BMW Limited Warranty,
the vehicle must be delivered to an authorized
BMW center. Moreover, the Certified Pre-Owned
BMW Limited Warranty does not cover additional
expenses related to a breakdown, such as, but not
limited to, car rental, lodging expenses, loss of pay
or telephone charges, except as covered by BMW
Roadside Assistance.

What is not covered
Upkeep items: Maintenance; engine,
transmission and body adjustments; wheel
alignment, balancing or rotation; wiper blade
inserts; engine drive belts; spark plugs; filters;
fuses; all batteries; all hoses and clamps
(except air conditioning and power steering);
oils, lubricants, fluids, refrigerants and coolants
(except as required in the course of a covered
repair); brake pads and rotors; brake shoes and
drums; manual transmission clutch assemblies;
suspension dampers (shock absorbers/strut
elements); exhaust systems; tires.

Wear and use: All wear-and-use items as
defined in "The Certified Pre-Owned BMW
Vehicle Program Consumer Information
Statement" for Certified Pre-Owned BMWs
(including all suspension parts and components).
Body and interior: Paint; glass; headlights; bulbs
(except instrumentation); mirrors; lenses; body
and chassis; body seals and gaskets; interior and
exterior trim, moldings and fasteners; upholstery,
headliner, carpeting, floor and trunk mats;
convertible top (all components except electronics);
air or water leaks; wind or body noises; wheels;
damage due to rust, corrosion or contamination
except as covered by the BMW New Vehicle Rust
and Corrosion Perforation Warranty.

Accessories: Radio/CD (or cassette) player,
telephone, navigation system, CD changer, DVD
player or any components of those systems, plus
non-original equipment parts, components or
accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS-BMW View Post
Interesting....in my wrap, they told me everything was covered excluding brakes & tires?
This I highly doubt (at least in the US), not sure what BMW dealership sold you it, but you might want to check your BMW CPO contract... this is something that BMW has never offered (it would basically be an extension of the original warranty). Unless they sold you an aftermarket and told you it was CPO?

I went through the CPO terms line by line for 2 months, comparing with aftermarket options and time and again, BMW's just didn't come out ahead... even after factoring the higher costs of these aftermarket options.

M-Sport | Driver Assistance | Luxury Seating | Camera | Convenience | Premium Sound | 20" 303M Wheels | Ceramic Controls
MODS: BMS Stage 1 Tune | PedalBox | M-Sport Paddle Shift Steering Wheel | 5000k HID | Tint | Taillight LCI Tint | Mtec V3 Halo LED | Coded.
E38 740i Jet Black
MODS: Paddle Shift Retrofit | Brushed Aluminum Gauge Rings | Tint | MKIV NAV | 4500K HID | 3M DiNOC Carbon Fiber Trim | Heated Seats | Coded
Old 07-01-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/_teaserpool_...07_2010_en.pdf

Looks like the CPO warranty in Canada does cover front & rear suspension components.
Wow, just read through that, in general, it seems like the terms are much more favorable up there. Not sure what the prices are for a comparable CPO 7, but if it's not much different, that's great!

E38 740i Jet Black
Old 07-01-2014, 06:49 PM
2009 750i

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
Quote:
Wow, just read through that, in general, it seems like the terms are much more favorable up there. Not sure what the prices are for a comparable CPO 7, but if it's not much different, that's great!

2011 and up models have a different and improved CPO, at least here in Canada. They made it an extension of the new car warranty to 6 years or 100k miles. It's a good deal but it also increased prices by maybe 1k-2k vs the old CPO. It's still worth it though with all the gizmos that could break down.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2009 750i Imperial Blue Metallic, Style 253 Wheels
Old 07-02-2014, 02:38 AM

Since djeargazm has a 2010, I pulled up the CPO for that year (I believe), but wonder if BMW may have improved it on later years too in the US.

E38 740i Jet Black
Old 07-05-2014, 07:49 PM

J, did you get that camera malfunction sorted out?

Sent from Raj's Kia

The grocery getter
Old 07-06-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram750 View Post
J, did you get that camera malfunction sorted out?

Sent from Raj's Kia
Dang, I forgot to mention it when I picked my car up yesterday.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Dang, I forgot to mention it when I picked my car up yesterday.

Hahaha... Time to go back to Langley buddy! What was your car in for?

Sent from Raj's Kia

The grocery getter
Old 07-07-2014, 12:10 AM

Oil pump whine, the occasional rough idle/vibration, horrendous fuel mileage, exhaust tips covered in soot, and oil consumption. Oil pump whine is "normal", can't do anything about the rough idle unless there is an engine light or drive-train malfunction, didn't address fuel mileage, soot on tips is normal on turbo cars, and they put me on an oil consumption test. Charged me $600 for a brake fluid flush, software update, and a diagnostic fee.

I'm only in my early 20s. Guess if I will set foot in another BMW again.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:28 AM
DJeargazm

Mein Auto: 2010 750i x-drive m-sport
I'm going back to the indy dealer where I bought the 2010 later this week. He had originally told me that both the headrest motor and the camera should be covered. He's always been really good to my wife and I. He regularly serviced my last 7 and my wife's boxter. Maybe he'll take care of me. It's funny but I always thought those side camera's were useless. Now the wild grasses on either side of where my road dumps onto a state highway are so tall that I can't see oncoming cars without putting the nose of my car way into the road. Those camera's all of the sudden seem useful!

2010 BMW 750i M sport
Jet Black, Black Nappa Leather, Ash Grain Wood Trim
Fully Loaded

Previous: 2003 BMW 745Li Sterling Gray Metallic
Old 08-08-2014, 09:08 PM

Mein Auto: 750LI M3 Mustang Tundra
I just purchased an 2012 750LI it has 30k miles on it and CPOed till 2017 , 100k miles. They told me that CPO didnt cover electronics and a few other items. I could purchase the CPO wrap which would make it bumper to bumper just like factory warranty. For 2k. I opted in on that. Should be worry free untill 2017 or 100k miles.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:49 PM
BMW rocks!

Mein Auto: 2013 750I M
My last 09 750li camera problems were covered under cpo.

2013 750i M, 2014 X1
Old 08-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djeargazm View Post
I'm going back to the indy dealer where I bought the 2010 later this week. He had originally told me that both the headrest motor and the camera should be covered. He's always been really good to my wife and I. He regularly serviced my last 7 and my wife's boxter. Maybe he'll take care of me. It's funny but I always thought those side camera's were useless. Now the wild grasses on either side of where my road dumps onto a state highway are so tall that I can't see oncoming cars without putting the nose of my car way into the road. Those camera's all of the sudden seem useful!
Effective the beginning of this year BMWNA changed the terms of the CPO coverage on vehicles sold by non-BMW dealers. CPO coverage is now only applicable to the original CPO vehicle owner, except for private party sales where the coverage can be transferred for a $200 fee.

However, having said that I'm almost 100% certain if your car was CPO'd prior to January 1st of this year it is still covered, because the CPO predates the change and both of your issues should be covered.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 08-10-2014 at 10:05 PM.