BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

SJAPoc's 24 hr Compliance

21K views 112 replies 39 participants last post by  SJAPoc 
#1 · (Edited)
Sorry for the delay in getting this up... Painfully slow internet connectivity.

Yesterday morning we took delivery of our F33 435i M-Sport :bigpimp:

Good day... After a sleepless flight (incessant baby crying seat behind us). Sixt's A8 picked us up at the airport, arrived at the WELT for an expedited pick-up, which was short and sweet, Bernhard presenting us with the vehicle.

I love the color combo we chose and the car meets all my expectations. And more importantly Mrs Poc's, as afterall this is her car States-side.

Miss Poc is also having a great time. It is her Grand Tour :)

Anyway, to summarize the day's events, we checked in to the hotel after visiting the ADAC office for Vignettes and strolling through the Nymphenburg gardens close by to the Hotel. We snoozed for a couple of hours while it rained and then headed to Munich Center for dinner at Augustiner (Great Sweinhaxe and Weissbeer) in Munich center, to finally drive back to the hotel top down for a well deserved sleepy night :)

Today we are off to the castles, then onto Rothenburg ob der Tauber for the evening to watch the match and spend the night.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#5 ·
Looks great :thumbup:

#6 ·
Congrats, Poc. I'll be watching your write-up with great interest, brother.

I'm due for my next ED, since my 2008 E60 is now six years old, but I gotta say she's treated me so right that I just can't let go of her quite yet. I'm going to hold out for one more, possibly two more years, but the ED itch is starting to come on.

Given the bloated size of the F10 (the other reason I'm holding on to my E60), and that the next 5er will likely be even bigger, I'm seriously thinking that my next ride will be a 435i, or possibly an ///M4, so I'm very interested to hear your likes and dislikes of the F33.

Have a great trip!

#8 · (Edited)
Hey Stuart - adding my congratulations as well. I'm feeling the gravitational pull of the 4 Series 'vert too, and you were part of that. Not that my two previous ED rides pictured below had anything to do with it.. Have fun and keep us posted.

#16 ·
Thank you for all the comments :) and again, forgive my lack of follow up.

Since the delivery, the weather has not cooperated at all, the rain following us this evening to Prague. The car is running well and our drive from Munich to the castles Tuesday morning and then up to Rothenburg ob der Tauber in constant rain that afternoon was uneventful. The drive to Prague today was also quite smooth, constant but fast moving traffic and yes, rain!

Linderhof was gorgeous! Neuschwanstein was crowded despite the rain and we decided to forego that stop and start heading north early. We did stop for the obligatory picture though :thumbup:

Rothenburg is a gem! We enjoyed spending time walking around last evening and this morning despite the rain.

Hope to post more with faster internet and a little more time.

Best to all :)

SJAPoc, Mrs. Poc and Miss Poc

Attachments

#17 ·
Great looking car, I've been following your posts for a while. Hopefully you'll have a lot of pictures !!!:)

#18 ·
That's a great pic at Newschwanstein. Cool composition.

Hey, Poc, how do you like the "feel" of the steering rack on that car? I haven't had a chance to test drive one yet, but I really love the feel of my E60, but my wife's F10 not so much. I'm hopeful/hoping that the F33 or ///M4 will have that lovely BMW connectedness that we all love so much. Does it feel like a cruise missile?

#25 ·
Hi Bick... Glad you like the Castle shot. It was pouring and Miss Poc wasn't quite sure she wanted her camera out in the rain! But it worked out... I'm happy with the picture too despite it being on the fly :)

DHP is really nice! Confort on the Autobahn made the ride very pleasant and as soon as you hit Sport, the car tightens up, as if the muscles of the car are screaming for action! :bigpimp: It does feel good and the change is palpable. On the twisties from Linderhof to Newschwanstein - a short test - the car felt great... Very tight and highly maneuverable.

I had the dynamic steering option on my 2008 E92 335i and loved it. The adaptive suspension makes it a lot better.

#24 · (Edited)
Thank you for the votes on the pictures! Here is one of us on the road after filling up our new baby for the first time... She was a little thirsty!

In Rothenburg... We walked around quite a bit and in the evening had a delicious meal at the very atmospheric Zur Höll Tavern. Very charming and welcoming us into their small place to get us out of the rain despite no tables being available. We waited a few minutes and enjoyed a great meal and beers.

The hotel was welcoming and very comfortable. And most importantly, the car had its own reserved space with a locked gate at night. Considering the German thrashing that evening, I didn't want any exuberant fan "celebrating" on my car :)

We are spending the day In Prague today, wonderful lunch in the upper town after exploring the castle treasures, and then by chance literally falling into the Museum of Art with an incredible exhibition of Old Master Paintings. Last evening we visited the lower part of town. Very crowded but still quite beautiful! I'll post pictures in another post.

Attachments

#26 ·
Soon after our arrival in Prague, all checked in at the perfectly located U Zlatych Nuzek hotel on Kampa Island at the foot of the Charles Bridge, we headed into the lower part of town, across the Vltava along the picturesque and interestingly populated bridge. The skies opened up to let the fading sunlight shine on the gorgeous architecture as we entered Staromestske namesti square...

Where we settled in to take in some of the local and visiting fauna entertained by some street acts drinking our Pilsners...

Then back to our hotel to freshen up, change for dinner and walk a few minutes to the Hergetova cihelna restaurant for dinner al fresco, with the view of the city illuminated before us.

Dinner was excellent... The view superb. We then retired for the evening and watched the second half of the Netherlands vs. Argentina game, which was very enjoyable. Despite the continuing rain, the glimpse of sun lasting barely our visit into the square, a really wonderful day :thumbup:

Attachments

#28 · (Edited)
Today in the upper part of Prague. I thought of driving up, but the weather still cloudy did not threaten heavy rains, so we decided to walk instead. the temperature is inviting and so is the beauty of the city.

So, with the car safely parked behind the hotel, off we go...

This upper section of town is not nearly as crowded and the view of the city is pretty spectacular. We walked around the palace grounds a bit and then went for lunch at U Labuti. Great meal, service and ambiance.

More to come later...

Attachments

#29 ·
As we left the upper part of the city, the sun broke through again to bring some warmth to the scene before us...

And a photo op for the changing of the Palace Guard.

And as if on cue, the sunglasses and movie stars came out too!

We headed back to our hotel and the French Festival that had been setting up from the night before, was now in full swing. Music, food and wine :) Our hotel is the second structure on the right and the picture was taken right off the Charles Bridge.

If anyone is looking for a fabulous place to stay in Prague, I highly recommend this one!

Attachments

#30 ·
To finish off our afternoon, Mrs. Poc and I went for a walk around the Kampa Island...

and then across the Charles Bridge for more photo ops...

Prague is gorgeous boys and girls. Worth while the drive from Germany on great roads... Friendly people, great food, stunning architecture and rather affordable compared to western Europe.

And the picturesque views...

Every time you look up you want to take a picture!

After our walk with a renewed appetite, we decided to eat at the Hotel's restaurant and enjoy the Festival's activities.

A lovely dinner of local cheeses and cold cuts to start, followed by Goulash, Pork Knee (delicious) and Czech breaded pork, all very much enjoyed by the three of us.

After dinner another stroll to a Trdlo stand around the corner for dessert and on the way back, under the arch of the Charles Bridge, the moon peered through, an auspicious sign for tomorrow? I hope :angel:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.