Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)

F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)
F12 / F13 BMW M6 and F06 M6 Gran Coupe Forum.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:56 PM

Mein Auto: Porsche 911
Looking to get into an M6 GC and have a few questions

Hi,

New member here, seriously considering my first BMW with a new M6 Gran Coupe. I love the styling, power and look of the car, and hoping to drive one in the next few weeks.

I currently have a 1997 LX450 and a 2007 Porsche 911 TT. I sold my 2011 Panamera last year thinking that these two vehicles would meet my needs, but I find myself needing a four seater more often than I thought I would.

I want to get a new car and would prefer a 2015, but would buy a 2014 if the price reflected the appropriate depreciation.

I have read several pages of posts here, but have another question or two.

What percentage off MSRP are dealers typically willing to do? I know for Porsche but not BMW.

How user friendly are the controls for climate/audio, etc.?

My other car of interest is the Audi RS7. I have owned several Audi's and have been happy with them. Loved my Panamera too, but would like a change.

Thanks,

Doug
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 M6 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRolls View Post
What percentage off MSRP are dealers typically willing to do? I know for Porsche but not BMW.
I think the markup is 8% for the car and 9% for options, as to what dealers will give you it varies widely.

Just as important to know what Special Offers BMW has at the time, some dealers will give you a higher percentage of the markup and pocket the offers if you don't ask about them.

Quote:
How user friendly are the controls for climate/audio, etc.?
Very user friendly, logical also. Note that iDrive is one of those things that some like and some don't. Just takes about 5-10 minutes to figure out.[/quote]

Quote:
My other car of interest is the Audi RS7.
Nice car also. Good luck!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:06 AM

Thanks! Do you mean like lease rates or financing options? Those are the only special offers I have seen on BMW's. Are there others?
Old 07-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 M6 Coupe
Quote:
Thanks! Do you mean like lease rates or financing options? Those are the only special offers I have seen on BMW's. Are there others?
There are many though not all at the same time. Some are seasonal, some are predicated on using BMW financial services for your lease or purchase, and some are just cash offers (generally to clear inventory or such).

If you search the forums you can come up with many or all of them, some people wait for specific times of the year to order a car, such as the Holiday offer around XMas, where BMW generally offers some discount. There's the Loyalty reward, cash off when trading or moving from one BMW to another, even one from BMWCCA where if you are a member you get an additional discount.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
Unless you're done with the Panamera, you might also want to consider the PTT or the GTS. Much better rear seating IMO.

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus
Old 07-22-2014, 12:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 M6 gran Coupe'
Looking to get out of my lease...
2014 M6 GC. Exec. Package and Comp pack. 83xx milesClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1406058157.057348.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	453244

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-22-2014, 01:09 PM

PM sent for details