Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 11-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Parking Spot Maven

Mein Auto: 2011 335i, 2013 M3
Thumbs up Picked up my car today

I got my car back today. Hi-Tech did an awesome job once again. No need to post pics... it came out as good as new.

Jose, my contact man there, stayed right on top of things and called me regularly to keep me posted on the progress. Really a nice guy, and he makes sure things get done right and on-time. I didn't worry about my car the whole time it was there.

Between traveling and my recent accidents it seems like I have been away from my car more and more lately. Every time I get it back I appreciate my car more than the time before, and it helps me remember why I got it in the first place. I only have it until June, and I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out what to replace it with. In the meantime I'll enjoy it, but hopefully without any more accidents!

... and this time, no rental car. I rode my bike most places (work is only ~2 miles away) and borrowed cars when necessary. After what happened last time I thought it might be best to go without the rental this time around!

--SONET
Ads by Google
Old 11-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Empowered Consumer

Mein Auto: 1 - 4.20hp, 1 - 420hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONET
... it came out as good as new.
That's most excellent news. Good for you!

Alex

My Flickr
TeamWTF?!

Old 11-12-2004, 04:19 PM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
I know it wasn't hit where it affects it (this time) but does it pass the 'trunklid drop' test?
Old 11-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Parking Spot Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
I know it wasn't hit where it affects it (this time) but does it pass the 'trunklid drop' test?
Yup. The hood drops shut as it should - no force/slamming necessary. That was the first thing I did when I got my key!

The trunk that they fixed before also passes the test.

Hopefully I never get to see how well they do doors.

--SONET
Old 11-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Parking Spot Maven

I forgot to mention, when they replaced the airbag they replaced the whole steering wheel as well (which was starting to lose some of it's texture). The controls on the steering wheel (volume up/down, preset change) were getting shiney and were starting to bother me, so that was a nice surprise! Why they replaced everything is beyond me as there was no apparent damage.

The headlight lenses were replaced as well. They didn't look damaged from the accident to me, but maybe part of the housing was broken that I couldn't see.

Whatever the case, I'm very pleased with getting the new parts.

--SONET
Old 11-12-2004, 05:13 PM
My TARDIS is a BMW

Mein Auto: '02 325i
Terrific news!!!!

Old 11-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Hi

Mein Auto: Frankenstein monster
Cool news SONET, hopefully the last time you have to visit a body shop.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:04 AM
trailingthrottleoversteer

Mein Auto: CLK 550
Whazzat...about 4 weeks from crunch to ridin'? Not too bad.....

good for you.

If we all threw our problems into a pile and saw everyone else's - we'd grab ours back.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:16 AM
-

Mein Auto: 03 330Ci 5M SP
enjoy your ride

03 330Ci 5M SP Topaz-Blue/Gray
Old 11-14-2004, 09:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 99 328i ppsp 02 gs430
which hi tech body shop did you go?

i had a bad experience with the hi tech (referred by crevier service dept.) in santa ana, near crevier bmw. the workmanship was ok, but the sales agent was very bad, not informative at all!! and technician was careless (missed a spot, so i had to leave my car for a few more days for them to finish the job).
Old 11-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Parking Spot Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther_v
i had a bad experience with the hi tech (referred by crevier service dept.) in santa ana, near crevier bmw. the workmanship was ok, but the sales agent was very bad, not informative at all!! and technician was careless (missed a spot, so i had to leave my car for a few more days for them to finish the job).
Sorry to hear that. Who did you work with as your 'sales agent'?

No place is perfect, that's for sure. But I've had two good experiences.

Have you been anyplace else?

--SONET
Old 11-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Hey Sonnet,
Dude!! you need to get rid of that piece, its never the same afterwards dude

cheers,

beewang
Old 11-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Parking Spot Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang
Hey Sonnet,
Dude!! you need to get rid of that piece, its never the same afterwards dude

cheers,

beewang
I totally agree. IMHO a car becomes a piece of scrap metal once any bodywork is done. It still drives nice, but as you say it's never the same.

I only have a few months left before I replace it, and I'm now in the process of figuring out what to replace it with...

--SONET
Old 11-15-2004, 06:57 AM
Hi

Mein Auto: Frankenstein monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONET

I only have a few months left before I replace it, and I'm now in the process of figuring out what to replace it with...

--SONET
Another E46...
Old 11-15-2004, 07:19 AM

i can't recall from top of my head. this occurred back in 1999. i will go dig out the paper work and let you know which sales agent took me order.

as i recall, i dropped off my car in the afternoon and got an estimate. later that evening (~7pm), he called me back to tell me that they had to add ~$50 to the original estimate because they under estimated the labor involved with the front bumper. i took a look at the bumper that evening and agreed with the increase. my question was... this body shop is crevier bmw's designated body shop. how could they "under estimate" labor cost if they repair mostly bmw cars!? my bumper damage was superficial, didn't involve in any metal body work.

~2 days later he informed me the car was ready to pick up. when i got there, i realized the body shop had failed to repair a portion of the damages on the front bumper (in the same general area). i directed his attention to this portion of bumper. he was a little frustrated by the mechanic's ignorance. he told me it would take another 2 days to do the work.

i asked for some sort of compensation on transportation (like a rental car, or loaner car), which i thought was reasonable since the delay is on their part. his reaction was surprised. he said i had gotten a good deal on the repair and they wouldn't dip into their profit to provide anything for me. i wasn't too happy about his decision.

long story short, after haggling, he finally agreed to take off the increase to the original estimate. he wasn't too happy about it at all.

the body shop i am happy with is the haddick's in city of industry. we have repaired many cars with them, and every experience was very pleasant.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:07 AM
Parking Spot Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffi
Another E46...

--SONET
Old 11-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Parking Spot Maven

Yeah, that doesn't sound so good. It sounds as though they did spot work on your car. Crevier now directs that to a different shop, and Hi-Tech refuses any spot work that comes in. They showed me two cars that were there that the 'other shop' did and they were in the process of 'repairing the repair'. Maybe things have changed, or maybe I have just been lucky? The completed cars on the lot looked pretty darn good so I would guess things have just changed over the past 5 years.

Either way, it's good that you have found a place you can trust!

--SONET

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther_v
i can't recall from top of my head. this occurred back in 1999. i will go dig out the paper work and let you know which sales agent took me order.

as i recall, i dropped off my car in the afternoon and got an estimate. later that evening (~7pm), he called me back to tell me that they had to add ~$50 to the original estimate because they under estimated the labor involved with the front bumper. i took a look at the bumper that evening and agreed with the increase. my question was... this body shop is crevier bmw's designated body shop. how could they "under estimate" labor cost if they repair mostly bmw cars!? my bumper damage was superficial, didn't involve in any metal body work.

~2 days later he informed me the car was ready to pick up. when i got there, i realized the body shop had failed to repair a portion of the damages on the front bumper (in the same general area). i directed his attention to this portion of bumper. he was a little frustrated by the mechanic's ignorance. he told me it would take another 2 days to do the work.

i asked for some sort of compensation on transportation (like a rental car, or loaner car), which i thought was reasonable since the delay is on their part. his reaction was surprised. he said i had gotten a good deal on the repair and they wouldn't dip into their profit to provide anything for me. i wasn't too happy about his decision.

long story short, after haggling, he finally agreed to take off the increase to the original estimate. he wasn't too happy about it at all.

the body shop i am happy with is the haddick's in city of industry. we have repaired many cars with them, and every experience was very pleasant.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:50 AM

not sure if my damage was a spot work or not...

i was driving on a residential street when a drunk guy on an on-coming car decided to throw a beer bottle out of his car. it hit my driver side fog lamp, broke the lamp (the lamp housing was hanging by its wire), dented and scretched the bumper.

i made an u-turn to chase that guy, but he/she was gone by then. i was upset... the car was less than 1 year old at that time.