Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 01-24-2009, 02:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW X5
Verizon Curve 8330 OS 4.5

Has anyone had luck with this with the newer 4.5? Thanks
Old 01-27-2009, 10:58 AM

Mein Auto: F32 420i EBTKS
Phone model: Sony Ericsson W595
Car model: 07/01 E86 Z4 3.0si Coupé with nav pro
[x] ability to make/receive calls
[x] phone book automatically synches to car
[x] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[x] calling name display (using adddress book)
[x] ability to send/receive SMS
Old 01-28-2009, 01:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F30 335 xDrive sedan
Phone model: LG Dare VX9700 (Verizon)
Car model: see my signature
[?] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[?] ability to send/receive SMS

I have not yet tried to dial by name or send/receive SMS.
2008 550 carbon black/natural brown; M sport package; sport auto; NAV; HUD; logic7; premium and cold weather; ipod/usb; comf access; etc.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 Mazda3
Nokia E71 can make and receive calls on my 2008 528I.

2008 E60 - 528I, Alpine White, Light Poplar, Steptronic. ED 08/31/07
Old 01-29-2009, 07:09 PM

Mein Auto: 330ci & 04' X3
LG Rumor

Phone model: Sprint LG Rumor
Car model: 2004 X3
[NO] phone book automatically synches to car
[y] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[NO] calling name display (using adddress book)
[ NO] ability to send/receive SMS

Note: the unit is an ULF and it is a second or third Gen unit made in '04. A little scratchy but still pretty darn good.
Displays the caller ID of the incoming call.
Dont have the instructions so I dont know how to train to do voice calls or check if the phonebook synchs.

I think that the newer 3G phones might work with older ULFs and TCUs.

Last edited by md80boy; 02-07-2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: practice makes perfect
Old 02-05-2009, 03:42 AM

Send a message via MSN to khaled_tabaa
Mein Auto: '04 530i
hi.....
i also have this problem i'm using the nokia E71 it connect but it does not sync the address book i tried other nokia phones and i discoverd that only JAVA phones can sync the address book .... the symbian operating system does not sync the address book with the BMW BT...... hope they will find a solution quickly cause all the new phones from nokia are becoming symbian ...... if anyone have a solution pls tell me ....
thanks .
Old 02-05-2009, 03:45 AM

Send a message via MSN to khaled_tabaa
Mein Auto: '04 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
In my E66 Bluetooth works partially. Nokia E90 communicator pairs fine but phone book does not transfer. For ever it says "reading SIM card" but nothing happens. On the other hand iphone pairs and phone book works too but it kind of re boots car's monitor.

I have an other thought that since Nokia 6233 works fine without any trouble, that means only bluetooth format/version of that phone is compatible with car's BTU whereas other phone's bluetooth is not able to communicate in full. Spoke with Nokia workshop and technician promissed to work on trying to re configure phone's bluetooth to match with 6233 type. I am anticipating this should work to transfer phone book. If it does, will post you all the procedure. This would also mean that any phone could be configured provided manufacturer is willing to modify bluetooth software.

Nadeem

hi.....
i also have this problem i'm using the nokia E71 it connect but it does not sync the address book i tried other nokia phones and i discoverd that only JAVA phones can sync the address book .... the symbian operating system does not sync the address book with the BMW BT...... hope they will find a solution quickly cause all the new phones from nokia are becoming symbian ...... if anyone have a solution pls tell me ....
thanks .
Old 02-05-2009, 03:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 X5
Is the dealers response legitimate

I've had my '05 X5 into the dealership twice now trying to address a problem with the BT. In the last 8 months, the phone module on the car has stopped working twice. I've had my Blackberry 8703e synched with the car and everything works great, including the phonebook download. Then all of a sudden the phone module in the car quits responding and I can no longer use the BT.

The dealership says I have an incompatible phone. The thing is I've had the phone synched with the car for fairly long periods of time. I mention to the dealership that when the Blackberry stops working, the phone module stops working all together. You can verify this by pressing the SOS button for Roadside Assist - nothing happens.

The dealership says that yes you can "temporarily" connect the phone, but that it will eventually stop working AND will disable the car's phone module system.

This seems unlikely to me. Either it doesn't work or it does. I don't believe it will start, then stop and disable another piece of the car. Any thoughts?
Old 02-07-2009, 12:25 AM

Mein Auto: 330ci & 04' X3
Sprint Samsung M520 - yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveww View Post
Has anyone been using the Samsung M520? How compatible is it with BMW's bluetooth?

Phone model: Samsung M520
Car model: 04 X3 with ULF
[x ] ability to make/receive calls
[x ] phone book automatically synches to car
[x ] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[ x] calling name display (using adddress book)
[NO] ability to send/receive SMS
Old 02-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_tabaa View Post
hi.....
thanks .
I had the same problem with a Nokia E51 (Symbian). I did a firmware update the other day and now it works like a charm. Pairs, calls are fine, and address book syncs without problem.
So, try out the latest firmware for your respective Symbian phone and you might luck out!
Old 02-07-2009, 02:36 PM

Mein Auto: 545i
My Blackberry Curve works just fine with my 05 545i !!!! Damn, was hoping i had a excuse...oh well.....
Old 02-07-2009, 08:25 PM

Mein Auto: 07 530i, 04 CTS
BMW has had a history of crappy and non-working phone technology. A salesman from a great dealership (Sunbelt in Meridian, Ms) specifically told me then to save the $2,000 that BMW charged for an in-car phone. It absolutely did not work in the US of A.

Just last week, another salesman in Texas told me that the BMW is most compatible with Motorola phones. He did, however, demonstrate how his Iphone connected.

That is all I know.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 545i
Apple iphone

Apple iphone works great. Had a problem initialy when i tried to sync it with the BMW bluetooth. The i phone was requesting a "pin number". After resetting the "ID" number on the BMW, I entered this as the pin that the i phone was requesting and everything worked fine.

Last edited by DavidJC; 02-15-2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 02-16-2009, 09:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 7451, 2003 325i
When I picked up my CPO '06 530xiT from the dealer yesterday, I asked them to show me that my Blackberry 8830 World Phone (Verizon) would work. The dealer rep said "have Carlos over there do it for you". This twenty something kid with a hole in his earlobe where the ear ring goes (maybe when he's not at the dealership?) took the phone and the car and in 5 minutes had me synched up. As long as I'm in the car, I make and receive calls seamlessly, and down load my entire phone list (extensive), including local and overseas numbers. Pretty cool.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:03 PM

Mein Auto: safasfa
Nokia N95

Will a Nokia N95 be compatible with a BMW 330i Sedan? If so what features does it support? Does it have full bluetooth address book display?
Old 02-21-2009, 09:37 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 525d 2011
the N95/96 don't work on my 2006 530i. The Nokia 6300 works great!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:16 AM

Mein Auto: 535 xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rduncan View Post
Find a Compatible Handset - Not all Bluetooth phones will work!
Unfortunately, not all Bluetooth compatible phones will work (partially or fully) with BMW's Bluetooth systems. As such, “Bluetooth” is an ambiguous term and insufficient to ensure compatibility. That is unfortunate, since "Bluetooth" is all that is typically included in the phone's description.

My experience is a good example: my do-everything SonyEricsson P900 does not work with my Bluetooth-capable car (the SonyEricsson P900 lacks a "handsfree profile" required to work with the BMW implementation of integration of cell phone and car). Successful 6 Series Bluetoth retrofit, but phone incompatible

Even if you have a "BT-compatible" phone with the BT "handsfree profile," there are other features that may or may not work properly. For example, the phone should automatically share its phone book with the car to enable a set of nice features: based on your phone's address book: Calling Name display and

BMW Customer Assistance has a short list of compatible phones (SE T68i, SE T610, SE T630, Motorola V600). A more extensive compatibility list is here:
More extensive list of BMW-compatible phones

What phones work for you?
Please share what works for you so that we can all share in your experience and knowledge.

Please post your experience:
----------------------------------------------
Phone model: Motorola Razr
Car model: 2008 535 xi
[X] ability to make/receive calls
[X] phone book automatically synches to car
[X] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[X] calling name display (using adddress book)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS

----------------------------------------------
Razr phone works fine, but when a call comes in while currently talking to someone, the bluetooth will hang up on the current call, but not til after the call coming in goes into voicemail. So, I lose both calls.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:37 PM

Mein Auto: 528/550/X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiraishis View Post
Hello ladies and gents I just ubgrade from the motorola razor to the Wing! its fully functional with my 2005 530i!
awesome!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:24 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somwhere

Mein Auto: 330i, Z3 2.8L, 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sksavell View Post
I've had my '05 X5 into the dealership twice now trying to address a problem with the BT. In the last 8 months, the phone module on the car has stopped working twice. I've had my Blackberry 8703e synched with the car and everything works great, including the phonebook download. Then all of a sudden the phone module in the car quits responding and I can no longer use the BT.

The dealership says I have an incompatible phone. The thing is I've had the phone synched with the car for fairly long periods of time. I mention to the dealership that when the Blackberry stops working, the phone module stops working all together. You can verify this by pressing the SOS button for Roadside Assist - nothing happens.

The dealership says that yes you can "temporarily" connect the phone, but that it will eventually stop working AND will disable the car's phone module system.

This seems unlikely to me. Either it doesn't work or it does. I don't believe it will start, then stop and disable another piece of the car. Any thoughts?

No, this is true. your phone is not 100% compatible. I no longer own my 05 X5 however the X5 went through 3 TCUs mainly for my "Red" light staying on indicating it was transmitting. I never used BT that much but I never corresponded the TCU failure with my Samsung cell until the 3rd failure. It truly was the phone causing the failure and I can not explained why, but it was.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 Corvette Z06
Phone model: Motorola V950 (Sprint)
Car model: see my signature
[ ] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[?] ability to send/receive SMS
Old 03-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Lymphoma Cancer Awareness

Mein Auto: '10 Bora
I didn't see anything here about any of the following phones. Does anyone have experience with these syncing with the 2006 3er, I didn't see a dedicated thread to the 3 series?

Samsung T339
Samsung Blast
Sony Ericsson TM506
Motorola W490

I don't have to drive like I am in a race car everyday, It's just knowing that I can

"It's the Ulitimate Driving Machine, These things happen" - Officer after issuing a speeding ticket
Old 03-16-2009, 07:46 PM

Mein Auto: '06 550i
Phone model: Apple iPhone 3G 8GB
Car model: 2006 550i
[X] ability to make/receive calls - never had a problem
[no way] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[?] ability to send/receive SMS - never tried
Old 03-23-2009, 01:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to BPO22
Mein Auto: BMW 530i
Phone model: HTC Touch Pro
Car model: 2006 530i
[X] ability to make/receive calls - never had a problem
[ ] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS - Thru Phone YES, thru car? not that I know of.

Works great.

2006 530i | Premium Sports Package |
Old 03-25-2009, 07:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 528xi, 2004 M3 Vert
I have a Nokia E71, and it does work fine and copy the address book over, with the following catch: It only copies the contacts that you have copied on the phone to your sim card. You can have endless contacts on your phone, but only a couple of hundred on your sim card. I have tested this on my 2008 528 and it works fine.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:08 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 5 series M Sports
Hi everyone,
I have a Blackberry Bold (9000 series) in my 5 series.
Connectivity to the 5 series is perfect it seems.

Rock solid BT connection- I sometimes had disconnects in my previous BMW E90 3 series with the same phone...not in my 09 5 series. Perfect!

2009 M Sports