Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:54 PM

Mein Auto: VW GTI
CPO/Used X1 shopping - Wheel/tire protection question $

I'm planning on buying a pre-owned X1 this week. I need a car with an automatic and the X1 suits my needs.

Had my checkbook in hand tonight after test driving the car on my lunch break but unfortunately the cost of the wheel/tire protection jumped from $800 to $2,500 for 3 years, $3,000 for 5 years. Price seemed a little steep. I don't think the manager and I were talking about the same thing but oh well. I did feel bad for the sales consultant. He was great, he knew the product in and out and answered all my questions. BTW, the car had the 19" M wheels.

After searching it seems like the package is going between $750 to $1,500. I would have gladly payed anywhere around 1k, but I'll be purchasing from another dealer hopefully.

What is a realistic price for the protection package?
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2014, 05:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 330i
I paid $1800 for a five year plan from Allstate, through my dealer.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:54 PM

Mein Auto: X1
when i bought my x1, i remember the dealer was going to sell it at around $1200. But I didn't buy it. I can't remember the details of the protection, such as how long it covers.

However, I just replaced a RFT at the dealer which costs me $200-$300 (sorry I can't remember the exact number...), because of a nail at the sidewall...

So basically i interpret the protection is worth of four RFTs, which means I prepaid four RFTs.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:45 PM

Mein Auto: Mazda
About a year ago, in another forum thread, I read that all of those different warranty packages can be bought at any dealership. Furthermore, each dealership can charge whatever they want for each package.
Now, to be clear, I don't know that what I am saying is accurate. I didn't purchase any of the many extended warranty packages.
But if what I read is correct, perhaps a mass emailing to several dealerships would provide some differing offers.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-24-2014, 04:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X1 s28i Msport
I almost never buy any protection on anything except Discount Tire charges almost nothing, and I might buy that.

I didn't even hear the BMW spiel because I told them I didn't value run flats, and still don't.

Since I own the car, I'll put normal Michelin PSS on all around if any one goes bad.

I can downsize that way, but will have to put all on at once.