Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-23-2014, 10:11 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
Another Anti-Trap PROBLEM

So here's the deal. 2007 328i sedan. Motor burnt out and got anti-trap message. Took it to a shop and they replaced, motor, sensor, and regulator ($900). Got it home and the window wouldn't respond correctly so I looked here and found out how to reset it. did the hold the button down and up an extra 5 secs deal and it worked perfectly. Except one problem. The damn anti trap warning still dings every 20 secs...

I have tried:
3 different reprogram procedures (the 17sec holds etc)
disconnecting battery for 8 hours
reprogramming ALL windows
disconnecting harness and sensors in door

Please help. No matter of reprogramming disconecting will help. All the components are new. The window works perfectly. I just need this sound to stop or I swear to God I will drive this car into a wall... I'll never own another BMW. Worst vehicle ever owned.

HEELLLLPPPP!!!

Last edited by dizzll; 07-23-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2014, 07:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
If the reset procedure isn't working, then a reflash of the FRM is probably your only solution.

I would try the reset procedure again.

For E9x, I've had success doing the following.

Go to the window that is affected. You must use the switch on this door and NOT the master switch on the driver's door panel.

Hold the button down until the window reaches the bottom. Hold for 17+ seconds.

IMMEDIATELY, without pause, pull up on the button and wait for it to reach the top, hold for 17+ seconds.

The window may go back down after holding it up....keep holding it up! Remain holding the button up until the window goes all the way down, then all the way up.

Then the anti-trap safety should turn off.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 07-24-2014, 05:06 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post
If the reset procedure isn't working, then a reflash of the FRM is probably your only solution.
Ugh, I tried again. BMW wont quote me a price to reset, I'm already $900 into this window that I never use lol...
Old 07-25-2014, 07:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
You'll want to find a local coder to do this.

The dealership can only process the entire car to update modules. This can take hours. Sometimes a full work day, over 8 hours.

Coders can flash the FRM alone, without processing the entire car.

I'm wondering if there is some kind of resistance somewhere that is kicking it into safety mode....either in the rails or from the door panel applying too much pressure against the glass, etc.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |

Last edited by fdriller9; 07-25-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:43 AM

hello guys im ismael just join the bimmerfest i got a question for 328i 2007 i got a message "power window anti trap deactivated" and right now theres no power on both rear windows it wont go up or down at all does anybody can help me fix this problem