BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Inexpensive Chrome Tip mod

937 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  beden1 
#1 · (Edited)
Being new to BMW's i purchased a 2006 e90 325xi, love the car, but spending some extra bucks to make it a little better looking (atleast in my opinion). I first tinted the windows 35%. Great mod, car looks great with that percentage! One thing i noticed on other bimmers was the chrome tips on the exhaust. I looked at them directly from the bmw sites and they cost a little over 50 dollars i believe, atleast the ones i saw (could be off). I decided i would try to get the tips perhaps at a cheaper price just to get rid of the old rusty black looking stock tips. I stopped at Fleet Farm and picked up these two tips for about $8.00 each tax included. I like the looks of them. I adjusted the tips a little better after the pictures, 1 seems to be "in" too much on the pictures, got that adjusted after but didnt take the pictures. Hope it helps someone like me that wants to save some money and get a better look. :bigpimp:

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
nice!

View attachment 455188 looks much better. I got these 4" weld on tips to replace the stock 3.5"ones. Got them for 60 bucks for the pair on eBay.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Those are really nice! , what models came with the dual tips? i like the looks a lot better.

#5 ·
I shall wait and see, perhaps if they do, ill be glad i got a summer from them....Keeping in mind i use my dsm a lot more in summer than the bimmer. I hope they make it a whole winter or longer! well have to wait and see.

#6 ·
After my car was hit in the rear by an inattentive driver, the tips on the exhaust had to be replaced. I opted for the Dimisa tips. http://www.dimisatips.com/
(I also had the is bumper installed since I needed a new bumper too.)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.