BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Need advise with lowering my E90 xi

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Momukhamo 
#1 ·
Hello all

So i got my wheels installed now im looking to lower it soon. Definitely not going for stance/form look. But aggressive enough Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Rim Alloy wheel

8.5 & 9.5 19's et35

Should i get spacers?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello all

So i got my wheels installed now im looking to lower it soon. Definitely not going for stance/form look. But aggressive enough View attachment 455246 View attachment 455247 View attachment 455248

8.5 & 9.5 19's et35

Should i get spacers?

what year is your car? im not sure if it is the same on the e90's but the e92 LCI models have about 8mm less space that the pre-LCI's.
I have an LCI e92 and run those exact sizes and offsets with 265/235 tires. No rubbing. I could probably even afford to put 10mm spacers on for a "stanced" look.

#3 ·
what year is your car? im not sure if it is the same on the e90's but the e92 LCI models have about 8mm less space that the pre-LCI's.

I have an LCI e92 and run those exact sizes and offsets with 265/235 tires. No rubbing. I could probably even afford to put 10mm spacers on for a "stanced" look.
Oops sorry its 09 335 xi

Can u post pics? Thanks

#4 ·
Figure out your plan for lowering first. Let the suspension settle for 2 weeks after install, then get an alignment. Then you can install spacers

When you lower the car, the car naturally gains negative camber. It can be dialed back somewhat with the factory arms but especially in the front with no factory camber adjustment, you will have more negative camber.

This will bring the top of the wheel inward and make it appear to be more "tucked." You can add a larger spacer so the wheel sits more flush after lowering. If you do it before, you may see an additional gap after lowering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.