BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Looking at 2008 335I

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  CALWATERBOY DUE 
#1 ·
Im new to BMW and I'm looking at a 2008 BMW 335i with 90k miles. How is the reliability on these cars?? What problems should i look for??? What is a good price for an 08 with 90k??? Thanks for the help!

#9 ·
The wastegates tend to rattle at higher mileage on the older cars, it is more annoying than anything, typically easy to hear at idle if it has the issue and turbos have not been replaced.

There is extended warranty on those also, it is 8 years but only 82,000 miles.

Waterpump also dies on the early cars and if it has not been replaced, it is on borrowed time now - it is $500 for the parts and about 3-4 hours DIY or about 1200 to get it done at a dealer - assume you will need to do that in the next year (when they go you are instantly on the side of the road needing a tow also), so you may just want to get it done - new design is more reliable.

Other than that, coils have issues on some cars - some 2008's were recalled, but coils have always been a week point on BMW's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.