Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-02-2014, 08:05 PM
wtfitzbimmerboy wtfitzbimmerboy is offline
Registered User
Location: new york
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: 2009 335i xdrive
Unhappy Bc coilovers

I just installed my bc Coilovers in my 2009 bmw 335i xdrive and the back drop in beautiful but the front I'm not to happy with. Does anyone know if they will set and lower a bit over time?
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 08-03-2014, 07:56 AM
fdriller9 fdriller9 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ/Philly
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,143
Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
At most the suspension will settle another 1/2".

You can install strut hats from a RWD model and also remove the 1/4" plate between the strut tower and strut hat. This will remove the xDrive front rake

However, with coilovers, you should be able to remove the front rake. I was able to do so with my H&R coilovers and I'm using the xDrive strut hats and the 1/4" plate is still installed
__________________

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |

Last edited by fdriller9; 08-03-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-03-2014, 11:23 AM
wtfitzbimmerboy wtfitzbimmerboy is offline
Registered User
Location: new york
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: 2009 335i xdrive
What do you mean by rake? I removed the 1/4" tophat already and lowered the front as low as they can go. It almost looks like the stock ride hight. Maybe just have to give them time to settle?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Momukhamo Momukhamo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New york, long island
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 182
Send a message via AIM to Momukhamo
Mein Auto: 335i xdrive
Do you have pics man? Im about to order mine also and how low did you go?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Momukhamo Momukhamo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New york, long island
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 182
Send a message via AIM to Momukhamo
Mein Auto: 335i xdrive
The guy im about to order it from says it can only go an inch lower!! Idk if its true


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Momukhamo Momukhamo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New york, long island
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 182
Send a message via AIM to Momukhamo
Mein Auto: 335i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post
At most the suspension will settle another 1/2".

You can install strut hats from a RWD model and also remove the 1/4" plate between the strut tower and strut hat. This will remove the xDrive front rake

However, with coilovers, you should be able to remove the front rake. I was able to do so with my H&R coilovers and I'm using the xDrive strut hats and the 1/4" plate is still installed
hey man i just ordered my BC COILOVERS also i have an xi also im only aiming for at least 1.25 drop in the front should i be worried it wont be low enough? and get the stru tower and strut hat for RWD?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-18-2014, 01:28 PM
fdriller9 fdriller9 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ/Philly
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,143
Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momukhamo View Post
hey man i just ordered my BC COILOVERS also i have an xi also im only aiming for at least 1.25 drop in the front should i be worried it wont be low enough? and get the stru tower and strut hat for RWD?
You know this is Ryan from facebook right?

Anyway, I don't think the guy who is selling you the coilovers knows what he's talking about.

I tried looking up specs for the bc xi coilovers but I couldn't find any. I found a thread where someone posted about BC developing the xi coilovers, but nothing about them being actually released. If you look on BCs website, they don't list xi coilovers for E9x.

I've never seen a set of coilovers for this car that doesn't allow you to drop below OEM sport suspension height, regardless of i or xi. I mean one of the main purposes of height adjustable coilovers is so you can lower the center of gravity and if you can't even lower them past OEM height, what is point?

I'm not really familiar with BC brand coilovers so I can't comment much on what kind of drop they will actually provide. I just find it odd it would only lower so little.
__________________

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Momukhamo Momukhamo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New york, long island
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 182
Send a message via AIM to Momukhamo
Mein Auto: 335i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post
You know this is Ryan from facebook right?



Anyway, I don't think the guy who is selling you the coilovers knows what he's talking about.



I tried looking up specs for the bc xi coilovers but I couldn't find any. I found a thread where someone posted about BC developing the xi coilovers, but nothing about them being actually released. If you look on BCs website, they don't list xi coilovers for E9x.



I've never seen a set of coilovers for this car that doesn't allow you to drop below OEM sport suspension height, regardless of i or xi. I mean one of the main purposes of height adjustable coilovers is so you can lower the center of gravity and if you can't even lower them past OEM height, what is point?



I'm not really familiar with BC brand coilovers so I can't comment much on what kind of drop they will actually provide. I just find it odd it would only lower so little.

Oh i didnt know it was you hahaha the guy took it back after he said that it will only lower 1 inch max but after him saying that i got worried and did my own research and i only found this thread and 1 guy on IG who has BC coils on their xi i called BC they dont make it for XI but it doesnt mean it wont fit and they also said it'll
Lower it but not as low as RWD

I guess we'll find out after they install it hehe thanks


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms