Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 AW E92 M3
Hi Friends!!!

Hi fellow Bimmerfest viewers/posters/owners!

Did a ton of research on vehicles recently and couldn't pass up a great deal on an AW E92 M3!
I am a long time reader of these forums and the sister forums involved in the BMW
community, but first time actually mustering the courage to post.

Here is my new lady (apologies for a terrible pic)

MODS:
Nothing on her is mod'd yet; however, I am talking to Luis from OSS right now
about putting some Raptors on it! Should be a very nice first mod :P

Future wishlist: Full wrap (matte red probably), matching reflectors to wrap, blacking out hood vents and kidney grills
Dream list: Fat body kit and maybe VF or ESS super charger and some other bay goodies.
Not sure: Haven't decided on exhaust, wheels or what I want to do to interior yet.

EXPERIENCE:
I don't know what the Florida community is like. I just moved out here. Have only
seen one other M3 in the past month tho, lol. Never drove a bimmer before, so pretty stoked!

GOALS:
I think short term goal is just learning as much about this beast of a machine as I can.
Possible long term goal would be sponsorships and hitting some shows, but I am new
to the scene so I don't know how realistic this is! haha!

Last edited by ///Monty; 08-02-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2014, 05:56 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Congratulations!

Welcome to the 'Fest - Great setting!

The more you drive your e92 M3 - the more you will discover its subtle nuances - the e 92 can be an ax or a very precise surgical blade in the right hands.
Stunning performance, intoxicating exhaust note, communicative steering, a comfy interior that allows you to take friends along, and handsome styling that says BMW -
contribute to the e92 M3 being a compelling ride.

Last edited by Capobranco; 08-03-2014 at 05:58 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 E93 JB
Hey congrats on your new baby and welcome to Florida!
The OSS raptor angel eyes will look awesome, Luis does an incredible job, I have the OSS V4 kit but the raptors look much better!
My advise: get to know your stock engine for a while before you install an ESS or any other s/c kit so you can feel the difference, believe me it is like night and day!
There is going to be a big bimmer event in Marco Island this coming August 23rd and another bimmer meet in Miami on August 31st but both are a long drive for you...
Enjoy your new car safely!
2013 M3 E93 FB, S/C ESS VT2 650, Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust, Brembo Brakes, HRE RB2 wheels, KW sleeve coil over kit, vorsteiner front lip, OEM rear lip, OSS V4 kit, BMW perfm blk grille, FB side gills, Satin blk windows trim, wind deflector

Last edited by edu09; 08-03-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu09 View Post
Hey congrats on your new baby and welcome to Florida!
The OSS raptor angel eyes will look awesome, Luis does an incredible job, I have the OSS V4 kit but the raptors look much better!
My advise: get to know your stock engine for a while before you install an ESS or any other s/c kit so you can feel the difference, believe me it is like night and day!
There is going to be a big bimmer event in Marco Island this coming August 23rd and another bimmer meet in Miami on August 31st but both are a long drive for you...
Enjoy your new car safely!
Thanks for the info and the welcoming! If those events fall on a weekend I may be driving
down to Miami to have Luis do the install for me anyhow. Will be cool to meet some people!

Definately will NOT go for a S/C kit any time soon. Like you said, I am still getting used to
the engine and rev matching. It is weird, but definately different from any standard setup
I have driven before (6mt). I am going to take it slow with the mods, not rakin in that much
dough.

Maybe something every couple weeks, haha!
Old 08-03-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monty View Post
Thanks for the info and the welcoming! If those events fall on a weekend I may be driving
down to Miami to have Luis do the install for me anyhow. Will be cool to meet some people!

Definately will NOT go for a S/C kit any time soon. Like you said, I am still getting used to
the engine and rev matching. It is weird, but definately different from any standard setup
I have driven before (6mt). I am going to take it slow with the mods, not rakin in that much
dough.

Maybe something every couple weeks, haha!
Would be great to have you on the meet up on August 31st, it is a Sunday so hopefully you will have the OSS raptor lights by then
Here is the link for the Miami meet:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1017526
2013 M3 E93 FB, S/C ESS VT2 650, Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust, Brembo Brakes, HRE RB2 wheels, KW sleeve coil over kit, vorsteiner front lip, OEM rear lip, OSS V4 kit, BMW perfm blk grille, FB side gills, Satin blk windows trim, wind deflector
Old 08-03-2014, 11:29 AM

Oh man, I would love to hit that up, but I live in Jacksonville! If it doesn't start till 5pm, I wouldn't get back until super late and I have some training to do the next day.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Oh man, I would love to hit that up, but I live in Jacksonville! If it doesn't start till 5pm, I wouldn't get back until super late and I have some training to do the next day.
I understand it man, it is a long drive from Miami to Jacksonville
The other event is on he 23rd which is a Saturday but it is in Marco Island so wont help either
If you come down to Miami PM so we can meet, you can drive my car so you can feel the difference with the blower
Old 08-03-2014, 04:15 PM

That would awesome!
Old 08-04-2014, 11:53 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: FBO 07 e92 335i
Congrats!!
Angel Eyes 99$
Old 08-04-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I understand it man, it is a long drive from Miami to Jacksonville
The other event is on he 23rd which is a Saturday but it is in Marco Island so wont help either
If you come down to Miami PM so we can meet, you can drive my car so you can feel the difference with the blower
Looks like I am meeting with Luis from OSS Designs for my new headlights on labor day weekend from 30th-1st!

P.S. How would someone new to the bimmer community in florida look into getting sponsorships? I understand that most sponsors require certain showings for a period of time, etc etc. Looks like there some heavy hitters welcoming me here, so maybe you guys would know!

P.S.S. - I will post pics when the mod is complete
Old 08-04-2014, 02:39 PM

No idea how you can get sponsorship
So are you staying in Miami on the 31st?
Old 08-04-2014, 02:50 PM

Yea, my buddy and I are going to come down and stay with his friend until my car is complete. We are going to drive back to Jax on monday.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:55 PM

Join us at the meet, you will see some nice M3s and meet the bimmer community in SFL, we are gonna do a photo shoot and then we will go out to dinner
Old 08-04-2014, 04:04 PM

i will def look forward to that, but my car is not show material! your cars will look so much better than mine haha. You can put me on your event listin that other thread

Last edited by ///Monty; 08-04-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
i will def look forward to that, but my car is not show material! your cars will look so much better than mine haha. You can put me on your event listin that other thread
Dont worry about the looks, there are a lot of stock M3's, it is not about the car, it's about the experience, lots of great folks!
Old 08-04-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Dont worry about the looks, there are a lot of stock M3's, it is not about the car, it's about the experience, lots of great folks!
At least Luis should have my Raptors w/ demon eyes done by then
Old 08-04-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
At least Luis should have my Raptors w/ demon eyes done by then
There are a couple of M3s with those lights here in Miami, that is a nice mod you will have