Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 11-16-2004, 05:09 PM
real life real answers

Mein Auto: BMW X5
God Bless the USMC

I just want to express my support for the USMC soldier who is being so severly maligned by the media. This is WAR, people need to realize this. No adult male in Fallujah can be trusted under any manner. All actions so far are fully justified.
IMHO
Ads by Google
Old 11-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Too bad the Iraq mission hasnt been declared war. Right now our soldiers are under a tremendous amount of scrutiny, which is likely to not change. IMHO our soldiers cannot afford to hesitate. Too many trusting soldiers have died due to dishonorable warfare. Which leads me to an old addage " Kill em all and let God sort em out"
Old 11-16-2004, 05:28 PM
lurking

Mein Auto: 323ci, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterlance
Which leads me to an old addage " Kill em all and let God sort em out"
so you're cool with genocide
Old 11-16-2004, 05:32 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HW

NO! Just being sarcastic. But, I prefer to have aggressive soldiers as opposed to dead ones.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
In Vietnam U.S. soldiers were killed by children that would come up to them and hug them while holding grenades. Do I condone killing children? NO! But, in these types of warfare our soldiers cant tell who is the enemy. What should we do? Send all our young soldiers out to ask who is and who isnt an insurgent? Its not really feesible.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Sandlapper Chapter

Mein Auto: 2013 X1 xDrive35i
They don't have hours to decide who is friendly...
2002 X5 3.0i/man./SP/PP/Sirius/BT/Titansilber/Sandbeige*
2006 330i/man./SP/PP/CWP/Sirius/Blackline/Rear Fogs/Arktis/Grau*
2001 525i/step./SP/PP/CP/CWP/Xenons/Rear Shade/OEM Sirius/OEM BT/OEM AUX/M5 Rear Sway/Bilstein HDs/Beisan Vanos/Rear Fogs/Schiefergrün/Sandbeige*
2012 VW Golf R/Rising Blue*
2013 X1 xDrive35i Alpinweiß/Schwarz/M Sport/Premium/Tech
*retired
Old 11-16-2004, 05:54 PM
real life real answers

Mein Auto: BMW X5
No one is "cooler" with genocide than the insurgents

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW
The one guy has it right, there isn't time to decide who is and who isn't a threat.
This is entirely different that the tactic taken by the enemy, which is to execute civilians with filmed beheadings.
Any adult male currently in Fallujah is ENEMY, make no mistake about it.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Der Metzgermeister

Send a message via AIM to X5Jones
Mein Auto: Maibatsu Monstrosity
I'd have killed that R'head too, hell I'd give a medal to that soldier that killed him on camera if I could

Just like seeing Iraqi POW's rigged up with wires, killing an unarmed hostile on Tv is sure to send a message to the rest, just like killing them with bullets coated in pigs blood. That works!.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:30 PM
RF Refugee

Send a message via AIM to Kaefer
Mein Auto: '03 3.0L X5
What people so conveniently fail to point out is that our marines are getting killed by booby-trapped bodies, and insurgents pretending to be dead. I feel badly for that man, but this IS war, and this stuff happens. I am a veteran of the first Gulf War, and trust me, I saw some pretty bad crap. But I also saw how humanely we treat POWs. People who are chasting that poor Marine should enlist and volunteer to serve in Iraq. Maybe then, they will know what it's like.

I hope the Marine is treated fairly. He was only doing his job, and protecting himself and others.

Juan
Old 11-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Sandlapper Chapter

Mein Auto: 2013 X1 xDrive35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaefer

I hope the Marine is treated fairly. He was only doing his job, and protecting himself and others.

Juan
Amen to that. Boobytrapped bodies, playing dead, these crazies don't play by the rules...
2002 X5 3.0i/man./SP/PP/Sirius/BT/Titansilber/Sandbeige*
2006 330i/man./SP/PP/CWP/Sirius/Blackline/Rear Fogs/Arktis/Grau*
2001 525i/step./SP/PP/CP/CWP/Xenons/Rear Shade/OEM Sirius/OEM BT/OEM AUX/M5 Rear Sway/Bilstein HDs/Beisan Vanos/Rear Fogs/Schiefergrün/Sandbeige*
2012 VW Golf R/Rising Blue*
2013 X1 xDrive35i Alpinweiß/Schwarz/M Sport/Premium/Tech
*retired
Old 11-17-2004, 05:02 PM
lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5Jones
I'd have killed that R'head too,
Old 11-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
killing an unarmed hostile on Tv is sure to send a message to the rest, just like killing them with bullets coated in pigs blood. That works!.

Now thats the type of creativity we need!
Old 11-17-2004, 05:22 PM
lurking

Quote:
and let some creativity race run amok? each one, one-upping the other. is that good in your view? you also need to win the hearts on the general population that you guys wanted to "liberate" otherwise it's just an invasion towards imperialism.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:45 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
I wish we could win their hearts. Right now with the constant fighting from insurgents it is impossible for the Iragi people to experience the lifestyle that would give them the love for Americans. We need to end this confrontation asap. The only way to do that IMO is to re-evaluate our Rules of Engagement. Our soldiers should not hesitate to kill anyone who "could" be considered a threat. Personally Im not opposed to doing this from afar with cruise missiles. But, the fact that we have troops on the ground means that a good amount of Iragi people didnt get the picture from our months of aerial bombings and that we are trying to minimize civilian casualties. Dont even get me started about the freaks that are claiming Jihad. (thats where the pigs blood comes in )
Old 11-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Der Metzgermeister

Quote:
Damn right!

Someone did that in the first Gulf War or somthing, they shot several iraqi's with pigs blood tipped bullets and once word got out about it the resistance died out almost compleately.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 4.8is Sterling Grey
Having watched the video a couple of times, it seems strange that a Marine would walk up and 'off' a single non combatant. Particularly in front of a camera.

It wasn't in the middle of a firefight, they didn't appear to be threatened and the publicity focuses on the act itself. Why would you murder someone (as is being implied) in front of a news camera and other witnesses? Why did they go in to the Mosque?

Maybe I am overly suspicious but the facts as they are being presented just don't fit.

I wonder whether the Iraqi was (armed?/booby trapped?) more than a wounded non combatant?
Old 11-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Der Metzgermeister

From what FOX said he was a wounded ex-combatant that they'd left behind for some reason, when they returned later he was still alive. He was shooting when he was initialy injured as far as I know.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:55 PM
lurking

Quote:
From what FOX said he was a wounded ex-combatant that they'd left behind for some reason, when they returned later he was still alive. He was shooting when he was initialy injured as far as I know.
then it's a good thing for that soldier that bush recind on ICC.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 White 328iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCX5
I just want to express my support for the USMC soldier who is being so severly maligned by the media. This is WAR, people need to realize this. No adult male in Fallujah can be trusted under any manner. All actions so far are fully justified.
IMHO
I couldn't agree more! Anyone left in that town has to be considered a potential threat. Anyone that wants to criticize the actions of a person in combat really needs to spend a day in their boots first. Only after that person has seen combat first hand, heard the sound of enemy fire wizzing by their head, and smelled the scent of fear and death, will I take thier words seriously. My prayers go out to our troops in Iraq, and everywere else, every day.