Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)

F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)
F80 BMW M3 sedan, F82 BMW M4 coupe and F83 M4 convertible forum. This 5th generation M3 and all new M4 features a 3.0 liter twin turbo engine (engine code S55) 425hp and 406lbs of torque! Heavy use of light weight materials makes this generation lighter and faster then the outgoing E9x M3.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:48 AM

Mein Auto: M3
Owners Manual

Has anyone seen the owners manual posted online anywhere yet?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i M-Sport Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxiec View Post
Has anyone seen the owners manual posted online anywhere yet?

Thanks in advance.
Have asked the same question elsewhere - currently awaiting a response from BMWNA to see if I can get an advanced copy but not holding my breadth!!
Old 08-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Nous Defions

Mein Auto: car
Claranob,
If you get it for the vert, please hook me up! My car is done and on its way to port hoping for a early-mid Sept delivery.

K
Old 08-05-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsleysmith View Post
Claranob,
If you get it for the vert, please hook me up! My car is done and on its way to port hoping for a early-mid Sept delivery.

K
Absolutely but I suspect they won't release it just yet which is a pita! - we'll see!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Early Apexer

Mein Auto: 645
There is the BMW Drivers Guide app at AppStore, which is only available for mobile platforms, but it contains the manuals, videos and quick reference guides, etc. You will need a VIN for it download your car's books, but you can find a VIN online of your model from all the photos from auto shows.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT View Post
There is the BMW Drivers Guide app at AppStore, which is only available for mobile platforms, but it contains the manuals, videos and quick reference guides, etc. You will need a VIN for it download your car's books, but you can find a VIN online of your model from all the photos from auto shows.
Yeah thx - know all of this and have had the coupe and sedan manuals on the app using online vins but I have my own cars vin (just completing production) and it still yields no manual available for the convertible - have a request into BMWNA and still waiting on their response - wi see I guess.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
Yeah thx - know all of this and have had the coupe and sedan manuals on the app using online vins but I have my own cars vin (just completing production) and it still yields no manual available for the convertible - have a request into BMWNA and still waiting on their response - wi see I guess.
Apparently all convertible guides have been pulled from online sources - some legalese needs updating - still working my contact at BMWNA to wangle a copy!
Old 08-13-2014, 08:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 E93 M3
Awesome, please keep us posted! BTW what VIN did you use for the coupe? I'm going to just download that one as I thought by now they'd have the 'vert ones out. thanks!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
Apparently all convertible guides have been pulled from online sources - some legalese needs updating - still working my contact at BMWNA to wangle a copy!
Hey there - don't have it front of me (on business in Europe) but I believe I just hunted down one of the early pics of the debut cars (possibly New York Auto Show) where someone had photographed the VIN - check out those threads - can get it to you Friday when I'm back if you have no luck by then
Old 08-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Nous Defions

Hey ciaranob just loaded my vert VIN in the BMW drivers app and the vert owners manual came up! Give it a shot, excited as looking at the M3/M4 manual was kind of boring. Let me know if you can get it.

K
Old 08-14-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Hey ciaranob just loaded my vert VIN in the BMW drivers app and the vert owners manual came up! Give it a shot, excited as looking at the M3/M4 manual was kind of boring. Let me know if you can get it.

K
Bingo! Got it - great can browse this on flight home !
Old 08-15-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:

K
Hey when did you say again that your car was due - very soon right, like the end of this month, no? Really looking forward to a bucket load of pics
Old 08-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Nous Defions

Just found out today that it shipped on the Columbia Highway, left yesterday. Scheduled to arrive in Brunswick on the 29 th of this month!: I'm still a bit concerned about the Monroney hold. I did find where it was approved by the EPA and CARB on May 22. Yet it's still listed on my status. Had a girl at BMWNA tell me that it has been released from that? Guess we'll see at the end of the month. Your. ED is like Sept 8th, correct? Hopefully have the car in the driveway around that date.

K
Old 08-15-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Just found out today that it shipped on the Columbia Highway, left yesterday. Scheduled to arrive in Brunswick on the 29 th of this month!: I'm still a bit concerned about the Monroney hold. I did find where it was approved by the EPA and CARB on May 22. Yet it's still listed on my status. Had a girl at BMWNA tell me that it has been released from that? Guess we'll see at the end of the month. Your. ED is like Sept 8th, correct? Hopefully have the car in the driveway around that date.

K
Very cool - prob the most frustrating part but an end in sight! Mine is actually Sept 12th which just seems like light years away!

Great to finally read the manual - there are some fairly hilarious comments in there I'll have to post once I get back with it, around driving advice - good ol' German 'frankness' that just does not tanslate well
Old 08-15-2014, 02:49 PM
Nous Defions

Just got an update from my SA, only after I asked for it. The status sheet is showing the ship arrival at port on the 27th, two days prior to my tracking. Hoping. I agree on the manual, there is some fun reading in it. Any clue as to if there is an actual hard copy? I looked at printing some pages, but it does not give me the option. Counting down. With my luck the care will be available the first week of September, and we are committed to an event down in Florida. The weekend prior we will be up in Greenville SC, 11 miles from the PDC

K
Old 08-17-2014, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Just got an update from my SA, only after I asked for it. The status sheet is showing the ship arrival at port on the 27th, two days prior to my tracking. Hoping. I agree on the manual, there is some fun reading in it. Any clue as to if there is an actual hard copy? I looked at printing some pages, but it does not give me the option. Counting down. With my luck the care will be available the first week of September, and we are committed to an event down in Florida. The weekend prior we will be up in Greenville SC, 11 miles from the PDC

K

The only way I see right now to print would be to do a series of screen dumps and build a PDF from them with something like PDF Expert or similar apps on the iPad but that would be a real pita and frankly not worth it. It is odd that they provide the full manual on the he iPad but have still to make it available on the myBMW site where you have to enter your VIN no differently than on the app - the less efficient side of BMW!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-21-2014, 03:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2015m4
kingsleysmith - there *is* a hard copy manual. i got my car last night and noted that there is a really nice black book with ///m embossed on it. inside is the m4 coupe owner's manual, a navigation, entertainment and communications owner's manual and a quick reference guide.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Nous Defions

Wonderful to hear doabbado,
Congrats's on getting the car. Mine will hit Brunswick next Wednesday. If everything works out, I'm hoping to pick it up on Labor Day. Hopefully there will be a hard copy book in it.

K
Old 08-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Cali Highway Patrolling

Mein Auto: YMB F82 M4 and RR Sport
It's in the iOS store.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Nous Defions

Yeah got that. The vert version just come online this past week or so. I still prefer a hard copy. Old school I guess.

K
Old 08-22-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Yeah got that. The vert version just come online this past week or so. I still prefer a hard copy. Old school I guess.

K
Getting close - cannot imagine them shipping the car without its manual, will almost certainly have it. The online version however may have some updates legalese or whatever.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Diver_Up
Mein Auto: 335i M Sport package
Quote:

K
Hi Kingsley, my M3 is on the Columbia Highway as well. I see Brunswick the day before Charlston on their schedule. Isn't Brunswick south of Charleston? Mine is supposed to be shipped from Charleston to Florida and curious why not from Brunswich which is closer? I'm really tired of waiting.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Nous Defions

Hey Driver,
Yes Brunswick is about 150 miles south of Charleston. That does not make sense? I thought most of the cars came into Bruswick now. I thought Charleston was used mainly for outgoing vehicles. The Port Loc, on my status says SSIPOA. Which is Brunswick. What is it for Charleston. My last status sheet showed the ship arriving a day early, so Brunswick will be the 27th. Hopefully. Hope it's a mistake, that would suck.

K
Old 08-22-2014, 09:11 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Diver_Up
Mein Auto: 335i M Sport package
Quote:
Hey Driver,
Yes Brunswick is about 150 miles south of Charleston. That does not make sense? I thought most of the cars came into Bruswick now. I thought Charleston was used mainly for outgoing vehicles. The Port Loc, on my status says SSIPOA. Which is Brunswick. What is it for Charleston. My last status sheet showed the ship arriving a day early, so Brunswick will be the 27th. Hopefully. Hope it's a mistake, that would suck.

K
Where did you find your status ID SSIPOA?
Old 08-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Nous Defions

On the vehicle inquiry status that my SA/CA provided me. It's highlighted in the file.

K
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Document (3).pdf (89.2 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by kingsleysmith; 08-22-2014 at 09:28 AM.