Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-06-2014, 09:43 PM

Mein Auto: 335i coupe, jeep
Jb4 install help

Is there anyone who would be willing and able to help me with a jb4 install. I'm between Baltimore and DC and would be willing to drive to you (anywhere in MD, Northern VA, Delaware or Central PA). I can bring beers...or scotch if that's your thing...as a token of my appreciation. Thanks.

2007 BMW E92 335i Coupe
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2014, 07:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Xdrive Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rg21044 View Post
Is there anyone who would be willing and able to help me with a jb4 install. I'm between Baltimore and DC and would be willing to drive to you (anywhere in MD, Northern VA, Delaware or Central PA). I can bring beers...or scotch if that's your thing...as a token of my appreciation. Thanks.
Rg, I am not near you and can't help, but what do you need help with? The instructions on Burgers site are pretty good. n54tech.com is a great source as well. There are youtube videos too.

Although I have replaced clutches, engines and put new stereo gear in nearly every car I have owned over the last 35 years, I never did anything like modifying an ECU. I took my time, followed the instructions and found the process pretty easy. Watch the plugs when plugging it in, but they are designed to only go in one way. If you have to force it, it may be wrong.

The only problem I ran into was with the USB cable. You have to lock the car and wait for the ECU to shut down before install and don't open the doors until it's all hooked up. But at the same time you have to get under the glove compartment to pull the cable through. How do you do that without opening the door?

I had the ECU out, ran the cable through the hole as far as it would go, hooked up the JB4 then opened the door, pulled what I could, back under the hood and pushed the cable some more, pulled more in the car and eventually got it. I put everything back together and with heart pounding and hands shaking it started immediately and everything worked perfect. All I've run is MAP 1 on my mostly stock car, but it's been great and works perfect.

Best wishes and let us know how it goes.
JB4 DCI
Old 08-07-2014, 07:30 AM

Mein Auto: 335i coupe, jeep
Thanks for the reply. I am not mechanically inclined at all. We'll see what happens. Maybe someone will be able to help in person.

2007 BMW E92 335i Coupe