Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)

F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)
F80 BMW M3 sedan, F82 BMW M4 coupe and F83 M4 convertible forum. This 5th generation M3 and all new M4 features a 3.0 liter twin turbo engine (engine code S55) 425hp and 406lbs of torque! Heavy use of light weight materials makes this generation lighter and faster then the outgoing E9x M3.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Chitown traveller

Mein Auto: 535i X-Drive
Chris Harris, F80, HD no subscription required..

May not last long
Old 08-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Chitown traveller

Mein Auto: 535i X-Drive
And its Gone! Summary: Better than the E9X in every way INCLUDING STEERING except sound. Which he says he likes in the end but not as good as the V8. A giant leap forward. Very Jelly of the folks who've taken delivery of their F8Xs so far.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk22 View Post
And its Gone! Summary: Better than the E9X in every way INCLUDING STEERING except sound. Which he says he likes in the end but not as good as the V8. A giant leap forward. Very Jelly of the folks who've taken delivery of their F8Xs so far.
I respect Chris and his review was a good one - yep his conclusion - "a giant leap forward" I was pleasantly surprised by Chris' very favorable steering review given the mixed notices of other reviewers. Sound, while not as intoxicating as the E92, was judged pretty good. I found it interesting that Chris preferred on the F80, as I do on my E92, to keep the suspension setting in its most compliant position, while ramping up the engine setting to "sport". Overall, a very positive review for the new M3.

Last edited by Capobranco; 08-08-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 M4 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
I respect Chris and his review was a good one - yep his conclusion - "a giant leap forward" I was pleasantly surprised by Chris' very favorable steering review given the mixed notices of other reviewers. Sound, while not as intoxicating as the E92, was judged pretty good. I found it interesting that Chris preferred on the F80, as I do on my E92, to keep the suspension setting in its most compliant position, while ramping up the engine setting to "sport". Overall, a very positive review for the new M3.
Here is a link that still appears to work as of today Sunday Aug 9th!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dinan...g/166923707518
Old 08-10-2014, 03:47 AM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Nice. The one I saw was just over 3 minutes, so not sure if it was a shortened version.

The F80 is a beast and it's amazing how much the M setup really transforms the car, it vibes nothing like a regular 3 Series, even M Sport, even on looks, to me.

The torque is insane, he's literally just driving around a track, roasting the tires.

It's too bad the S55 gets some negative sound reviews (some people have said it's one of the best sounding motors, however). Being how amazing the N55 sounds, especially uncorked, and how good BMW I6's in general sound. I was drooling all over myself at the thought of having the ULTIMATE I6 sound, a culmination of all good things I6 audio, wrapped up into one S55. Seems like it's the E46 M3 all over again (which IMO sounded like pure sh@t, as much as I worship that car), as once again, a hi-po M I6 sounds apparently worse than the mass produced I6's. I'll wait to hear one for myself to make my own judgement. Aside from that, the main reason I want an M3 is to have that culmination of BMW's I6 masterpiece in PERFORMANCE, at least.

Ordered: 2015 Porsche Macan S / SportDesign.

Ex MB's: 11/10/06 E350 "Sport", 02 S500 w/ Every Option.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Nice. The one I saw was just over 3 minutes, so not sure if it was a shortened version.

The F80 is a beast and it's amazing how much the M setup really transforms the car, it vibes nothing like a regular 3 Series, even M Sport, even on looks, to me.

The torque is insane, he's literally just driving around a track, roasting the tires.

It's too bad the S55 gets some negative sound reviews (some people have said it's one of the best sounding motors, however). Being how amazing the N55 sounds, especially uncorked, and how good BMW I6's in general sound. I was drooling all over myself at the thought of having the ULTIMATE I6 sound, a culmination of all good things I6 audio, wrapped up into one S55. Seems like it's the E46 M3 all over again (which IMO sounded like pure sh@t, as much as I worship that car), as once again, a hi-po M I6 sounds apparently worse than the mass produced I6's. I'll wait to hear one for myself to make my own judgement. Aside from that, the main reason I want an M3 is to have that culmination of BMW's I6 masterpiece in PERFORMANCE, at least.
Coming from a E9X and driving that naturally aspirated V8 is literally like smoking pot and then having to find the same sort of joy and enjoyment in a glass of wine.

The engine sound in the S55 is probably the best turbo charged engine sound I have ever heard, including the F10 M5's S63tu. The problem is the exhaust noise, it is just atrocious. It sounds nothing short of a diesel engine and no aftermarket is going to be able to fix that. They will make it louder, which I don't know why anyone would do that.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerStig View Post
Coming from a E9X and driving that naturally aspirated V8 is literally like smoking pot and then having to find the same sort of joy and enjoyment in a glass of wine.

The engine sound in the S55 is probably the best turbo charged engine sound I have ever heard, including the F10 M5's S63tu. The problem is the exhaust noise, it is just atrocious. It sounds nothing short of a diesel engine and no aftermarket is going to be able to fix that. They will make it louder, which I don't know why anyone would do that.
Well good to know then. I was correct in my assumptions. BMW I6 ENGINE noise is practically the most intoxicating automotive sound to me (and especially unique), and the S55 being a pinnacle for turbo models, makes it all the more alluring. It is worth noting that BMW I6 EXHAUST sound I've disliked or liked less (and in some occasions, liked).

They should just cork the exhaust and amplify the engine sound.

Ordered: 2015 Porsche Macan S / SportDesign.

Ex MB's: 11/10/06 E350 "Sport", 02 S500 w/ Every Option.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Cali Highway Patrolling

Mein Auto: YMB F82 M4 and RR Sport
Watching that video had me cackling like a child. I don't know who giggled more...........me or Chris.