Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 11-17-2004, 11:58 PM
RF Refugee

Mein Auto: 2003 X5 4.4
Couple of ?'s re: Sirius with NAV

I just want to make sure of a few things before I decide to upgrade my Mark IV DVD nav unit. I have the 1.2 software version, 7/03 manuf. Martin at bimmernav.com suggested that it is necessary to have a Mark IV with software version 3.0 or 4.0. Everything seems to be working as it should with mine but I wanted to ask before I returned the one I ordered from him.
I usually keep the date displayed on the MID computer screen on the instrument cluster. sometimes when i turn on the sirius, and always when i switch to the next preset on the steering wheel up/down button, the display will blank out on the MID display. If i push the button on the turn signal stalk once it returns to the date, etc. Is that how it's working for all you guys?
Also, there is defintely no display of Sirius song/artist/channel information on the MID display? Only on the NAV screen, correct?
Finally, when you browse through the other channels, without changing the channel you're listening to, does the artist/song title information display for that channel as well? Mine doesn't.
Is there any reason anyone can see why I should upgrade to the newest Mark IV?

Thanks in advance. and thanks to Tommy, Greg, Jeff, Rangerfan, and all the others I didnt' get to on my previous post. Kewl, I'll call you. Just been really busy

Last edited by x5Monkey®; 11-18-2004 at 12:10 AM. Reason: add a question
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2004, 06:08 AM
Keyser Souze lives!

Mein Auto: '13 E70 35i MSport
My cluster screen also blanks out at times when chaning stations, etc..., but I push the stalk button and it comes back on to the last screen viewed, in my case miles till empty.

Display of song info is only on the Nav screen.

I don't browse stations very much so i'm not sure about your last question, but I think the answer is no. I'll let someone else confirm that.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '03 4.6iS
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5Monkey®
I just want to make sure of a few things before I decide to upgrade my Mark IV DVD nav unit. I have the 1.2 software version, 7/03 manuf. Martin at bimmernav.com suggested that it is necessary to have a Mark IV with software version 3.0 or 4.0. Everything seems to be working as it should with mine but I wanted to ask before I returned the one I ordered from him.
I usually keep the date displayed on the MID computer screen on the instrument cluster. sometimes when i turn on the sirius, and always when i switch to the next preset on the steering wheel up/down button, the display will blank out on the MID display. If i push the button on the turn signal stalk once it returns to the date, etc. Is that how it's working for all you guys?
Also, there is defintely no display of Sirius song/artist/channel information on the MID display? Only on the NAV screen, correct?
Finally, when you browse through the other channels, without changing the channel you're listening to, does the artist/song title information display for that channel as well? Mine doesn't.
Is there any reason anyone can see why I should upgrade to the newest Mark IV?

Thanks in advance. and thanks to Tommy, Greg, Jeff, Rangerfan, and all the others I didnt' get to on my previous post. Kewl, I'll call you. Just been really busy
Rangerfan is correct on all 3 answers.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:28 AM
Keyser Souze lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyX5
Rangerfan is correct on all 3 answers.
Do I get fries with that or something?
Old 11-18-2004, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan
Do I get fries with that or something?
No, you get to advance to the next rail road station.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Keyser Souze lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyX5
No, you get to advance to the next rail road station.
Cool, I'll expect the $200 by early next week. I just blew by Go, though I'd have been faster had I been in your 4.6 or 997!
Old 11-18-2004, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan
Cool, I'll expect the $200 by early next week. I just blew by Go, though I'd have been faster had I been in your 4.6 or 997!