Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-12-2014, 04:54 AM

Mein Auto: 325i
335xi battery effecting water pump

So, I had my water pump replaced two weeks ago. The next day I shut my car off, pull the key and can here the pump continuing to run, stupidly I walk away. The next day I try to start my car and the battery is dead. I went away for a week, came back, charged the battery and brought the car to the dealership. They tell me my battery was/is bad and that's what messed up the water pump they just installed. They want to change my battery at $400 and tell me that that will fix the problem. Now I am a woman and I know I know **** about **** when it comes to cars however logic tells me that it's the other way around; the pump ran and drained my battery. However the dealership is insisting that I'm wrong. I have insisted that they take another look and that I will not be paying for a new battery if the running pump is still an issue.

Can someone PLEASE tell me if I am either correct or not correct in my assumption!
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2014, 07:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
I've heard of the pump failing and running continuously, draining the battery but never the battery causing the pump to fail.

It's very rare for a battery to fail.

I would get an opinion else where and if they find it's not the battery, then contact BMW NA to dispute the dealership's claim.

You can find certified indy shops in your area here: www.bimmershops.com

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 08-12-2014, 07:18 AM

You're awsome, thanks! I knew I wasn't completely crazy
Old 08-12-2014, 07:33 AM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
First, go back to the dealership. Have them put in writing precisely what they told you; that a defective battery caused the water pump to run until the battery went bad. I'll bet that there is no such statement on your work order from the previous visit.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:57 AM

THANKS DSX! Since they still have my car I asked them to put it on the invoice somewhere, they're now taking another look at the 'problem'...go figure

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app