Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-13-2014, 02:18 AM

Mein Auto:
New to BMW: need some advice 08 E92 335

Hi all,

I recently purchased my first bmw last week (2008 e92 msport) and I love it. I have never owned a BMW before but my father had a 7 series when I was young and I always liked the look and sound of the BMW's.

Literally less than a week in owning it I have noticed that BOTH of the window washer things ( that come from the bumper bar to the headlights, like a rhombus shape) are both missing from the front, and doing some research of what exactly was in the holes it appears the pumps for the washers are also missing.

At first I thought they fell out ( which I didn't quite believe) but I now think they could have been stolen. What should I do seeing that I have 2 holes under the headlights on each side?? Will BMW give me a heart attack with a quote on a solution?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2014, 04:26 AM

Mein Auto: E92 330D LCI
It's not unknown for them to pop out during freezing weather. I guess it's because owners use the wrong washer fluid, either diluted too much, or not suitable for freezing conditions.

Will BMW give you a heart attack with a quote on a solution? Of course they will; the clue came in the question - it's a BMW.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:48 PM

Mein Auto:
Hi, thanks for the reply.

So I have been quoted around $600 for the covers and painting, the washer jets and fitment.

My question is now if I get them replaced is there a way for them to not come out again or is this some sort of fault with design? I'm not sure what fluids the last owner used as I bought the car from a dealer.

Also, I understand that they may have fallen out but is there still a possibility that someone has actually stolen them , are these sort of things easy to pinch?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app