Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)

F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)
F80 BMW M3 sedan, F82 BMW M4 coupe and F83 M4 convertible forum. This 5th generation M3 and all new M4 features a 3.0 liter twin turbo engine (engine code S55) 425hp and 406lbs of torque! Heavy use of light weight materials makes this generation lighter and faster then the outgoing E9x M3.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Diver_Up
Mein Auto: 335i M Sport package
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
^you'll be a little pissed then the v10 m5/v8 m3 were MUCH more suited to this.

This will be closer to a ricer sound than it will be to like an old American V8.

That sounds like an upgrade in my op with catless DPs but again its far closer to a ricer than it is to muscle lol
Sounded like a souped up sewing machine..A bad ass sewing machine...****, did I say that? I'm buying one of these!

I do like the sound inside the cabin. Has a kind of V8 sound..
Old 08-14-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Yeah I do. I mostly use this though (...the blue laser gun):

Attachment 458430

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Looks ancient, but what do I know! How do you feel about radar jammers? Would it, or does it, piss you off when someone has one and goes speeding by you? Just curious whether I would have a pissed off cop following me cause I defeated his radar gun.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Cali Highway Patrolling

Mein Auto: YMB F82 M4 and RR Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver_Up View Post
Looks ancient, but what do I know! How do you feel about radar jammers? Would it, or does it, piss you off when someone has one and goes speeding by you? Just curious whether I would have a pissed off cop following me cause I defeated his radar gun.

We're state funded. LOL! We can't keep up with technology. Seriously though, I'm still driving the Crown Victoria. We just got a few of the new Explorers recently. Jammers are illegal here in California, and I haven't personally run across a motorist using one.

P.S. Our cars have radar; the guns are laser.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
We're state funded. LOL! We can't keep up with technology. Seriously though, I'm still driving the Crown Victoria. We just got a few of the new Explorers recently. Jammers are illegal here in California, and I haven't personally run across a motorist using one.

P.S. Our cars have radar; the guns are laser.
With all due respect, so is speeding and a lot of other things. Doesn't stop some of us from doing them. If someone drove by with one and your signal was jammed, what would you (or the typical police officer) do?
Old 08-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Cali Highway Patrolling

Quote:
With all due respect, so is speeding and a lot of other things. Doesn't stop some of us from doing them. If someone drove by with one and your signal was jammed, what would you (or the typical police officer) do?
My point was that motorists here know that they shouldn't have them, so rarely does anybody take the chance. As I stated earlier, 7+ years in, and I haven't come across a jammer..........not once! As for the hypothetical, I'm not going to chase somebody down simply for a jammer. It's not worth the time nor the paperwork, and I'm far too busy to give a jammer that much attention to be honest. That perspective could change, however, if someone encountered a State Trooper/Sheriff Deputy with too much time on their hands (..and very little action in their part of town; this isn't the case in a big metropolitan area like Southern California).

Last edited by M3Inline6; 08-14-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Retired Official Welcomer

Mein Auto: 2007 550i, 2002 M5
Quote:
He's about as far from typical that you can get.

2015 Yas Marina Blue M4~Black full Merino leather~Executive Package~Drivers Assistance Plus~LED Lighting Package~Adaptive M Suspension~19" Black Light-Alloy Style 437 wheels~Carbon Fiber trim~HK audio systems~6MT
Old 08-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Silverstone F80 M3

Mein Auto: '15 F80 M3
Quote:
Hello all, new user here. Have an M3 on order and currently sitting at the docks waiting to catch a ride to the US. Very excited and hoping to be driving it in 3 weeks! It has been a long time ... totaled my 335i 3 months ago and took the step up to the M3. Hope I'm not disappointed with the I6. I've heard a lot about the exhaust not sounding "Beefy" enough. I guess I will find out soon! Yay!

Congrats! My F80 is sitting at the port as well, waiting for a ride. Looks like the next ride to the west coast is the Toreador, which is leaving a week from Saturday, 8/23. I would imagine that you will be on a different boat, since you are on the east coast.

Enjoy!!! Can't wait for my bad boy!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E93 M3
Quote:
My point was that motorists here know that they shouldn't have them, so rarely does anybody take the chance.
This is interesting that you've never encountered a jammer ... although I wonder if it's less that people know they shouldn't have them and more that you've never gunned a jammer-equipped car (granted the % of jammers is probably extremely low)

My supposition is that people with jammers are very speed / speed-trap conscious and so might rarely be someone you'd gun anyway. In other words in order for you to experience a jammer you have to (a.) find a jammer-equipped car that's (b.) speeding, and (c.) into your speed trap.

Waze alone might make that probability extremely low.

Here's what I'm NOT suggesting you do: just for fun, gun sports cars that aren't speeding just to see if you can find jammers. Even though that would be great data to have.

Last edited by GrussGott; 08-14-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Cali Highway Patrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
This is interesting that you've never encountered a jammer ... although I wonder if it's less that people know they shouldn't have them and more that you've never gunned a jammer-equipped car (granted the % of jammers is probably extremely low)

My supposition is that people with jammers are very speed conscious and speed-trap conscious and so might rarely be someone you'd gun anyway. In other words in order for you to experience a jammer you have to (a.) find a jammer-equipped car that's (b.) speeding, and (c.) into your speed trap.

Waze alone might make that probability extremely low.

Here's what I'm NOT suggesting you do: just for fun, gun sports cars that aren't speeding just to see if you can find jammers. Even though that would be great data to have.

Good points all around. I'm more of a pace guy than a "park and laser" guy, so that could contribute to my 'no-catch' rate with regards to jammers as well. I also work nights, and laser enforcement is primarily performed during day shifts. Though there are a few places that like I park which allows me to catch those with a heavy foot and peruse the forum quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan1963 View Post
He's about as far from typical that you can get.
Yeah, I'm a pretty atypical LEO. Most peg me for a personal trainer.

P.S. My car is finally on the transport truck. I'm hoping for a late night/early morning delivery in Orange County. I just became aroused!

Last edited by M3Inline6; 08-14-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E93 M3
Quote:
I'm hoping for a late night/early morning delivery in Orange County. I just became aroused!
Old 08-14-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Good points all around. I'm more of a pace guy than a "park and laser" guy, so that could contribute to my 'no-catch' rate with regards to jammers as well. I also work nights, and laser enforcement is primarily performed during day shifts. Though there are a few places that like I park which allows me to catch those with a heavy foot and peruse the forum quickly.

P.S. My car is finally on the transport truck. I'm hoping for a late night/early morning delivery in Orange County. I just became aroused!
You gotta let me know what that light metallic blue looks like in person.

Lucky guy!
Old 08-14-2014, 07:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 F10 M5
Oh god that catless DP sounded so bad.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Cali Highway Patrolling

Quote:
You gotta let me know what that light metallic blue looks like in person.

Lucky guy!
I'll start a thread here or link it along with this thread:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=989112

It's an ongoing thread about my rather incessant vehicle changes (..from a 2011 M3 to a 2013 X5 to a 2014 335i/2014 X5 to a 2014 Range Rover Sport).......and that's only since early last year; it doesn't account to all of the vehicle changes prior. LOL! I have a problem!

Last edited by M3Inline6; 08-14-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell M View Post
Congrats! My F80 is sitting at the port as well, waiting for a ride. Looks like the next ride to the west coast is the Toreador, which is leaving a week from Saturday, 8/23. I would imagine that you will be on a different boat, since you are on the east coast.

Enjoy!!! Can't wait for my bad boy!
Schnell, how did you find out what boat she was riding on? I called the 800 number and they had no clue.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 F10 M5
Quote:
Schnell, how did you find out what boat she was riding on? I called the 800 number and they had no clue.
The CA knows the info and can tell you.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Silverstone F80 M3

Quote:
I don't know for sure yet, but the next boat leaving BimmerHeaven for Port Hueneme (West Coast) is the Toreador on 8/23, according to W&W's ship schedule....so just an educated guess. Would be awesome if it got on some other line before then, but I am not counting on it.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Retired Official Welcomer

Mein Auto: 2007 550i, 2002 M5
Quote:

Awesome.

2015 Yas Marina Blue M4~Black full Merino leather~Executive Package~Drivers Assistance Plus~LED Lighting Package~Adaptive M Suspension~19" Black Light-Alloy Style 437 wheels~Carbon Fiber trim~HK audio systems~6MT
Old 08-15-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
I don't know for sure yet, but the next boat leaving BimmerHeaven for Port Hueneme (West Coast) is the Toreador on 8/23, according to W&W's ship schedule....so just an educated guess. Would be awesome if it got on some other line before then, but I am not counting on it.
Do you have the link for them? I want to see which is next for the East Coast.

TIA
Old 08-15-2014, 07:27 AM
Silverstone F80 M3

Quote:
Do you have the link for them? I want to see which is next for the East Coast.

TIA
Here you go....

W&W Schedules
Old 08-15-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Here you go....

W&W Schedules
Oh gosh, I got a brain fart! What port do these leave from?
Old 08-15-2014, 08:17 AM
Silverstone F80 M3

Quote:
Oh gosh, I got a brain fart! What port do these leave from?
Bremerhaven
Old 08-15-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Bremerhaven
Duh...BimmerHeaven! Thanks for refreshing my brain!

My CA just sent me something that says the K -Line, Columbia Highway, left port 8/14!..waiting for confirmation. I did check that link and didn't see this particular vessel..
Old 08-15-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Duh...BimmerHeaven! Thanks for refreshing my brain!

My CA just sent me something that says the K -Line, Columbia Highway, left port 8/14!..waiting for confirmation. I did check that link and didn't see this particular vessel..
My "soon to be" is in the English Channel. Damn,,I'm, going to be following this link daily for progress!

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...tml?call=3EQO8