Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)

F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)
F80 BMW M3 sedan, F82 BMW M4 coupe and F83 M4 convertible forum. This 5th generation M3 and all new M4 features a 3.0 liter twin turbo engine (engine code S55) 425hp and 406lbs of torque! Heavy use of light weight materials makes this generation lighter and faster then the outgoing E9x M3.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-17-2014, 12:23 AM
M4Topdown M4Topdown is offline
Registered User
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: M4
M4 convertible 20s or 19s

I didn't see another thread with this topic so if so, please redirect. I am ordering a mineral grey m4 convertible Monday. I'm debating whether to go with 19s Black Light-Alloy Wheel Double-SpokeStyle 437 M with Mixed Perf. Tires $,1900 upgrade) or 20s BMW Double spoke 361 wheel and tires set - Ferric grey
. Will the 20s fit nicely or will they be overwhelming? If I do get the 20s the dealership sells them for $4380, Ebay $2900. Any risks in ordering them from Ebay?

Any recommendations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	19s.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	458924   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW 361 20s.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	458925  
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:05 AM
BlackBmw13's Avatar
BlackBmw13 BlackBmw13 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Long Island NY
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 111
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 320 Xi
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1408277117.263126.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	458935

Look way better !


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:13 AM
ciaranob's Avatar
ciaranob ciaranob is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, Texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 168
Mein Auto: 2011 328i M-Sport Wagon
Personally (always an individual decision) I think the 20s look over the top on this car - I am picking up my mineral grey vert by ED on Sept 12th - biggest issue which did not take long to decide was whether to go with the light or the black color and the black 19s just look right on this car (light alloys seem to drown out other car details and your eye just gets distracted by them).

Best of luck with your order - the wait is finally getting to me now!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
M4 Convertible, MG, DCT loaded with Ind leather and trim - ED Sept, 2014
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-17-2014, 03:57 PM
M4Topdown M4Topdown is offline
Registered User
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: M4
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
Personally (always an individual decision) I think the 20s look over the top on this car - I am picking up my mineral grey vert by ED on Sept 12th - biggest issue which did not take long to decide was whether to go with the light or the black color and the black 19s just look right on this car (light alloys seem to drown out other car details and your eye just gets distracted by them).

Best of luck with your order - the wait is finally getting to me now!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Yeah, I tend to agree with you. 19s rims are eye-catcher. 20s look a little cheap. I was considering the 20s for the size......but I guess size isn't everything : )
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-17-2014, 04:10 PM
ciaranob's Avatar
ciaranob ciaranob is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, Texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 168
Mein Auto: 2011 328i M-Sport Wagon
That and to be honest, 20" rims on Houston streets right now would last a week - unbelievably bad infrastructure right now which has me concerned for the 19s, never mind 20s! Also think even with adaptive suspension 20" rims would not help ride quality.
__________________
M4 Convertible, MG, DCT loaded with Ind leather and trim - ED Sept, 2014
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-18-2014, 08:42 AM
M3Inline6 M3Inline6 is offline
Cali Highway Patrolling
Location: In your nightmares!
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 824
Mein Auto: YMB F82 M4 and RR Sport
I'm from the camp that lobbies for the 20's. This car is big. 20's look better on the chassis. Some/most 19's look undersized.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-18-2014, 01:39 PM
GBPackerfan1963's Avatar
GBPackerfan1963 GBPackerfan1963 is offline
Retired Official Welcomer
Location: Elk Grove, California
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,756
Mein Auto: 2007 550i, 2002 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I'm from the camp that lobbies for the 20's. This car is big. 20's look better on the chassis. Some/most 19's look undersized.
That is what she said.
__________________
ED pick-up 9/17/2014 2015 Yas Marina Blue M4~Black full Merino leather~Executive Package~Drivers Assistance Plus~Lighting Package~Adaptive M Suspension~19" Black Light-Alloy Style 437 wheels~Carbon Fiber trim~HK audio systems~6MT

Greta is for SALE. 2002 M5
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-18-2014, 01:44 PM
M3Inline6 M3Inline6 is offline
Cali Highway Patrolling
Location: In your nightmares!
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 824
Mein Auto: YMB F82 M4 and RR Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan1963 View Post
That is what she said.




Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-31-2014, 07:11 PM
M4Topdown M4Topdown is offline
Registered User
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I'm from the camp that lobbies for the 20's. This car is big. 20's look better on the chassis. Some/most 19's look undersized.
u

Last edited by M4Topdown; 08-31-2014 at 07:12 PM. Reason: posted in wrong place
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-31-2014, 07:14 PM
M4Topdown M4Topdown is offline
Registered User
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I'm from the camp that lobbies for the 20's. This car is big. 20's look better on the chassis. Some/most 19's look undersized.
I've been looking and aftermarket rims, specifically Vossen and Lorenzo. You definitely don't want to go with cheap rims on such a crazy awesome car. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Brian@vossen's Avatar
Brian@vossen Brian@vossen is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: Miami
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 451
Mein Auto: 335d
20" fitments are a nice fit for the M4 with a nice drop. Here are a couple of M4's on our new VFS1's.





__________________

Last edited by Brian@vossen; 09-03-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-03-2014, 12:09 PM
M3Inline6 M3Inline6 is offline
Cali Highway Patrolling
Location: In your nightmares!
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 824
Mein Auto: YMB F82 M4 and RR Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Topdown View Post
I've been looking and aftermarket rims, specifically Vossen and Lorenzo. You definitely don't want to go with cheap rims on such a crazy awesome car. Any thoughts?
I've had the expensive wheels (.. BBS, etc.) and I've also had the cheaper wheels (..reps, Avant Gardes, etc.), and I have told myself that I'll never spend money on expensive wheels again......


...but now I'm looking into 19" or 20" Brixton Forged wheels, and I know the quote is going to be astronomical. That'll be enough to snap me back to reality. FWIW, my Avant Garde wheels were just fine in terms of long-term quality, so I'd have no problem at all with buying another set. I may just add the front lip and call it a day. The OEM silver 19's are a nice quality wheel.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-03-2014, 03:52 PM
GrussGott's Avatar
GrussGott GrussGott is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SF Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 158
Mein Auto: 2011 E93 M3
I'm not much of a fan of the aftermarkets ... on the e9x the Volks (TE37), but they don't seem to match the f8x. Some HREs, but the ones I like are basically the ZHP wheels so why pay for the HREs?

I dunno ... big fancy non-stock wheels always looks to me like an MMA chick walking in stiletto Louboutins

__________________
Check out these seats, man, they frickin glow! "Go ahead Johnson!"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-03-2014, 04:02 PM
M3Inline6 M3Inline6 is offline
Cali Highway Patrolling
Location: In your nightmares!
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 824
Mein Auto: YMB F82 M4 and RR Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I'm not much of a fan of the aftermarkets ... on the e9x the Volks (TE37), but they don't seem to match the f8x. Some HREs, but the ones I like are basically the ZHP wheels so why pay for the HREs?

I dunno ... big fancy non-stock wheels always looks to me like an MMA chick walking in stiletto Louboutins

I'd be all over that MMA chick walking around in stiletto Louboutins. Those legs......I'd wear like earmuffs. Gina Carano FTW!
__________________

Last edited by M3Inline6; 09-03-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-04-2014, 03:44 AM
ciaranob's Avatar
ciaranob ciaranob is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, Texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 168
Mein Auto: 2011 328i M-Sport Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I'm not much of a fan of the aftermarkets ... on the e9x the Volks (TE37), but they don't seem to match the f8x. Some HREs, but the ones I like are basically the ZHP wheels so why pay for the HREs?

I dunno ... big fancy non-stock wheels always looks to me like an MMA chick walking in stiletto Louboutins

Lol - nailed it
__________________
M4 Convertible, MG, DCT loaded with Ind leather and trim - ED Sept, 2014
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-04-2014, 07:11 PM
GrussGott's Avatar
GrussGott GrussGott is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SF Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 158
Mein Auto: 2011 E93 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I'd be all over that MMA chick walking around in stiletto Louboutins. Those legs......I'd wear like earmuffs. Gina Carano FTW!
clanman, I dunno why, but this dude reminds me of you:

__________________
Check out these seats, man, they frickin glow! "Go ahead Johnson!"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-04-2014, 07:33 PM
M4Topdown M4Topdown is offline
Registered User
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I've had the expensive wheels (.. BBS, etc.) and I've also had the cheaper wheels (..reps, Avant Gardes, etc.), and I have told myself that I'll never spend money on expensive wheels again......


...but now I'm looking into 19" or 20" Brixton Forged wheels, and I know the quote is going to be astronomical. That'll be enough to snap me back to reality. FWIW, my Avant Garde wheels were just fine in terms of long-term quality, so I'd have no problem at all with buying another set. I may just add the front lip and call it a day. The OEM silver 19's are a nice quality wheel.
Another question......If I go with after market rims how difficult will it be to sell the 18s stock rims and tires and if so what would be a fair price. The 19s OEM would probably sell quicker but I'm paying an extra $1,200 to get those.........
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-04-2014, 08:18 PM
GrussGott's Avatar
GrussGott GrussGott is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SF Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 158
Mein Auto: 2011 E93 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Topdown View Post
Another question......If I go with after market rims how difficult will it be to sell the 18s stock rims and tires and if so what would be a fair price. The 19s OEM would probably sell quicker but I'm paying an extra $1,200 to get those.........
18s usually go quick, especially to track people or for winter wheels
__________________
Check out these seats, man, they frickin glow! "Go ahead Johnson!"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Eurodog Eurodog is offline
Registered User
Location: Huntington, New York
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 28
Mein Auto: Space Gray 335i Coupe
I would definitely go for the 19's. I think they are a stretch for the roads we drive on. USA does not have the autobahn! Our roads are @#$#@$%@#! Enjoy the stock wheels and I would go for the brushed aluminum not the black!
__________________
'55 MGA (used...$500 the good old days), 100-6 Austin Healey, 3000 MK II and III, Austin Healey, 71, 75 Norton Commandos, BMW 320I, 325i, 328i, 330i, Harley Davidson Dyna Glide Custom, Current ride is '08 335i coupe picked up in Munich.
All manual....


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-06-2014, 11:39 PM
GrussGott's Avatar
GrussGott GrussGott is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SF Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 158
Mein Auto: 2011 E93 M3
dammit! I love volks and I think they look really good here but I just don't think they will look good on the M4 ... I'm hoping someone tries them

EDIT: found a pchop:
__________________
Check out these seats, man, they frickin glow! "Go ahead Johnson!"

Last edited by GrussGott; 09-07-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-07-2014, 07:35 AM
ciaranob's Avatar
ciaranob ciaranob is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, Texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 168
Mein Auto: 2011 328i M-Sport Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
dammit! I love volks and I think they look really good here but I just don't think they will look good on the M4 ... I'm hoping someone tries them

EDIT: found a pchop:
Reminds me a bit (albeit a little bit!) of my Hamanns on my long departed 2001 E46 wagon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamann.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	463060  
__________________
M4 Convertible, MG, DCT loaded with Ind leather and trim - ED Sept, 2014
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms