Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)

F80/F82/F83 M3 and M4 (2015 - Current)
F80 BMW M3 sedan, F82 BMW M4 coupe and F83 M4 convertible forum. This 5th generation M3 and all new M4 features a 3.0 liter twin turbo engine (engine code S55) 425hp and 406lbs of torque! Heavy use of light weight materials makes this generation lighter and faster then the outgoing E9x M3.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:26 AM
M3AT LOVER

Mein Auto: F80 M3
Here is a quick cellphone picture of my Hydro Flask in the door storage compartment.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Cali Highway Patrolling

Mein Auto: YMB F82 M4 and RR Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
Here is a quick cellphone picture of my Hydro Flask in the door storage compartment.

What products do you use to clean your leather?
Old 08-20-2014, 11:45 AM
M3AT LOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
What products do you use to clean your leather?

LOL! Funny you asked. Using MySpit™ at the moment. I need to find out what better product I can use.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 F10 M5
The leather in our cars is Aniline leather, which is probably the finest leather you can get out there. It's extremely soft, has a very small amount of leather treatment (not like the old M3). It can still handle quite a lot of abuse, but nevertheless, it is not as forgiving as the previous Novillo leather.

I use Leather Master products as they have the best product in terms of quality/price ratio. I keep a bottle of their soft cleaner, strong cleaner, and protection cream. Soft cleaner is something I use all the time to clean the seats, doors, etc. Strong cleaner is what I use say if I had some sun screen on and sat in the car and it dried on the arm wrest area for 2 days (just made it up). Protection cream is something you need to do once every 3 months or so. Before doing that, you need to clean the seats very well with a vacuum cleaner. Then clean them with the soft cleaner. And finally apply the protection cream. It helps a lot with dye transfer as well as giving a very fresh new look to the car and smells nice too. It's like waxing the interior of the car so to speak.

The 3 products can be had for about $40 or something like that. And strong cleaner/cream lasts you well over 2-3 years whereas you will need a new bottle of soft cleaner every 2 months or so, but it is really cheap.

You also need a microfiber sponge to apply these things. Chemical guys have one (blue) in amazon that is really cheap for a pack of 8.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Cali Highway Patrolling

Quote:
LOL! Funny you asked. Using MySpit™ at the moment. I need to find out what better product I can use.

I have used that product myself on a microfiber towel to remove a smudge or two, but I'm looking into Swissvax at the moment.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Cali Highway Patrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerStig View Post
The leather in our cars is Aniline leather, which is probably the finest leather you can get out there. It's extremely soft, has a very small amount of leather treatment (not like the old M3). It can still handle quite a lot of abuse, but nevertheless, it is not as forgiving as the previous Novillo leather.

I use Leather Master products as they have the best product in terms of quality/price ratio. I keep a bottle of their soft cleaner, strong cleaner, and protection cream. Soft cleaner is something I use all the time to clean the seats, doors, etc. Strong cleaner is what I use say if I had some sun screen on and sat in the car and it dried on the arm wrest area for 2 days (just made it up). Protection cream is something you need to do once every 3 months or so. Before doing that, you need to clean the seats very well with a vacuum cleaner. Then clean them with the soft cleaner. And finally apply the protection cream. It helps a lot with dye transfer as well as giving a very fresh new look to the car and smells nice too. It's like waxing the interior of the car so to speak.

The 3 products can be had for about $40 or something like that. And strong cleaner/cream lasts you well over 2-3 years whereas you will need a new bottle of soft cleaner every 2 months or so, but it is really cheap.

You also need a microfiber sponge to apply these things. Chemical guys have one (blue) in amazon that is really cheap for a pack of 8.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Stig. Does it leave that matte look to the leather? I always worry about these products making leather shiny, which is why I've been looking into Swissvax. Can you link us to the Leather Master's items that you speak of?
Old 08-20-2014, 01:30 PM
M3AT LOVER

Quote:
Thanks Stig. Does it leave that matte look to the leather? I always worry about these products making leather shiny, which is why I've been looking into Swissvax. Can you link us to the Leather Master's items that you speak of?
Yes, thanks stig. Agree with M3Inline6. I tried some Armorall leather wipes on another car and it made the leather shiny like a pimp's pair of leather pants. I want to keep my leather in the OEM condition
Old 08-20-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Leather Master's protection cream comes in 3 forms. Regular, Matte, Gloss. I always get Matte and it makes the leather look like new. Everyone loves the look and feel of my seats.

They are also extremely affordable compared to SwissWax. SwissWax is just so expensive, I believe their products cost 2-3 times that of Leather Masters. I'm sure there is a reason for the price, but I'm more than happy with Leather Masters.

That being said, LM is still not cheap. Compared to other solutions that you can find in Walmart or AutoZone, it is twice as much as expensive. For me, it is the perfect product for the car I'm driving. They worked well in my M5 and they are doing a great job in my M3. My M5 was Sakhir Orange, so it didn't short dirt as much, but the M3 is black and it shows dirt very easily.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 M4 Convertible
Quote:
http://www.leatherworldtech.com/Leat...FQiIaQodcLsAaA
Old 08-20-2014, 07:52 PM

I would actually go with this site: http://shop.unitersna.com/collections/leather-master

They have better prices and free shipping on orders over $20 which you can easily hit. They also have more products.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:03 PM
Cali Highway Patrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerStig View Post
I would actually go with this site: http://shop.unitersna.com/collections/leather-master

They have better prices and free shipping on orders over $20 which you can easily hit. They also have more products.

Thanks guys! I'm going to see if I can find some good LM vids on YouTube too.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-21-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB-bimmer View Post
How would you rate leather protection products from BMW dealer ?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I have used them before. They are not great to be honest. Overpriced for what they provide.

I'm a car detailing nut and have pretty much tried/read about every brand for every single area including wheel wax I can tell you that the only thing I use from BMW is the tar remover and insect remover, because they actually do indeed work and do not hurt the paint and for their price, there is nothing in the market that will beat them.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 740iL
Nice color. In case you don't know, you can adjust the "height" of the HUD display, and also tilt it to the left and right. It's buried in the settings menus somewhere. I can tell you more exactly when I get my car back.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Cali Highway Patrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boghopper View Post
Nice color. In case you don't know, you can adjust the "height" of the HUD display, and also tilt it to the left and right. It's buried in the settings menus somewhere. I can tell you more exactly when I get my car back.
Main menu > Settings > Heads Up Display

Zing!
Old 08-21-2014, 12:41 PM
M3AT LOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boghopper View Post
Quote:
Main menu > Settings > Heads Up Display

Zing!
Yep, I have done the adjustments before. The adjustments don't help.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
On the topic of leather cleaner:

FWIW, have used the Zaino products in the past, and have gotten really good results.

I know that zaino in general has fallen out of favor with the advent of Opti-coat and other sealants/polishers, but for the homebrew guy who isn't quite a detail freak, the stuff is pretty solid and easy to use/low maintenance.

Back OT, your car looks awesome, SS was my second pick of colors and due to your and Greg's pics I almost changed this week, but was just informed I am now status 150 baby!! so no more waffling for me!
Old 08-21-2014, 02:51 PM
M3AT LOVER

Thanks Tubernator! What colors and options do you end up with?
Old 08-21-2014, 02:52 PM
Cali Highway Patrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubernator View Post
On the topic of leather cleaner:

FWIW, have used the Zaino products in the past, and have gotten really good results.

I know that zaino in general has fallen out of favor with the advent of Opti-coat and other sealants/polishers, but for the homebrew guy who isn't quite a detail freak, the stuff is pretty solid and easy to use/low maintenance.

Back OT, your car looks awesome, SS was my second pick of colors and due to your and Greg's pics I almost changed this week, but was just informed I am now status 150 baby!! so no more waffling for me!
What do you think of Leatherique?
Old 08-21-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks Tubernator! What colors and options do you end up with?
Similar to your build:

MW/Full Black int/Black 19s
Exec
Lighting
Side and Top ala carte
DCT
Adaptive
Rear Shade
Enhanced Bluetooth (500 bucks for an extra microphone... sheesh, but this is my work car, so )
H/K Sound upgrade

Supposedly started production yesterday!
Old 08-21-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
What do you think of Leatherique?
I haven't tried it to be honest. I have been using the Zaino Leather conditioner and Leather cleaner for the last several years, and gotten good results, and I really like the smell too, very "new car leather". Not too glossy/shiny either.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 F10 M Sport xDrive
Great review and pictures. Nice car and congratulations!

One thing that needs to be done is get those windows tinted ASAP!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:29 PM
M3AT LOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Obsession View Post
Great review and pictures. Nice car and congratulations!

One thing that needs to be done is get those windows tinted ASAP!
Thanks. In Seattle, we don't have that much sun to begin with. I like the windows the way they are.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:39 PM
M3AT LOVER

Finally got around to process the pictures I took over a month ago while I installed my carbon fiber diffuser. It is actually 0.2 oz heavier that the original plastic one. So there

This must be the kick-to-open-trunk sensor that is now blocked by the carbon fiber diffuser:

Old 10-27-2014, 04:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 M4 Convertible
Nice detailed pics - thx for sharing - planning on combining this with the black Eisenmann Heritage exhaust system (rear only) which retains all factory valve settings but will hide the ugly OEM cans - can't wait to install but guess I'll have to as car won't get home for another 2 weeks or so yet!