Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Semper Fidelis

Mein Auto: 2007 335XI; 73 Camaro RS
Need some confirmation please

I have a 2007 335xi, pictured below and one of my halos went out, I need and want to replace both of them, I want to add some red halos, I know some of you don't like that but that's ok, I like it and I think it represents the beast in the vehicle.

My question is, are my headlights the newer xenon version?

I have read a lot about pre LCI (i think thats what its called) or post LCI, i want to get the right led's for it. and after reading i'm still very confused and way to many options and different manufacturers.

If anyone is very knowledge, can you please advice and recommend on some good red led halo's, something that doesn't flicker, doesn't give me code, and are a direct fitment.

I know some of u have preferences, but please give me advice on what I want,

Thank you, I appreciate your responses.

2007 335xi
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2014, 03:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 328i
Can't offer much advice (LUX maybe?) but I think red would probably look pretty sick on the black/black.

edit - yours are pre LCI, but still xenon.

Last edited by surf_; 08-19-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Semper Fidelis

Mein Auto: 2007 335XI; 73 Camaro RS
Thanx for your reply,

now i think I know what i need to get and once I find the right led's I ll post pix, I think it would look great on black car.

btw LUX doesn not have red LED's so Im still in search of advice where I can get them, from someone reputable. I don't want the flicker and codes or overheating.

2007 335xi

Last edited by Abeachb73; 08-19-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 328i
Yeah my bad I just got LUX in mine (white) and thought maybe they had red. Make sure to post pics if you get em. Good luck!
Old 08-20-2014, 05:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 328xi Coupe
i have an 08 328xi so I'm assuming we're using the same H8 bulb. Can someone also recommend me a good bulb that's bright enough for the Halo and doesn't cost ~$100 (LUX alternative). I don't want anything fancy, just 6000k to match with the DS1
Old 08-20-2014, 06:07 AM
Philosopher-king

Mein Auto: E91, Volvo, Porsche
Is showing a red light at the front of a moving vehicle even legal in California? I don't think it is in my state.
2008 E91 station wagon 21K miles "Classic" BMW inline six, six-speed manual transmission, Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Euro split armrest, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 built-in remote display, Dunlop Winter Sports on car.

"I will give up my stick shift when they pry it from my cold dead hand!"
Old 08-20-2014, 06:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Shiftright View Post
Is showing a red light at the front of a moving vehicle even legal in California? I don't think it is in my state.
It's illegal in all 50 states and considered impersonating a police officer

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 08-20-2014, 07:30 AM
Reregistered User

Mein Auto: 09 E93 335i somewhat mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeachb73 View Post
I have a 2007 335xi, pictured below and one of my halos went out, I need and want to replace both of them, I want to add some red halos, I know some of you don't like that but that's ok, I like it and I think it represents the beast in the vehicle.

My question is, are my headlights the newer xenon version?

I have read a lot about pre LCI (i think thats what its called) or post LCI, i want to get the right led's for it. and after reading i'm still very confused and way to many options and different manufacturers.

If anyone is very knowledge, can you please advice and recommend on some good red led halo's, something that doesn't flicker, doesn't give me code, and are a direct fitment.

I know some of u have preferences, but please give me advice on what I want,

Thank you, I appreciate your responses.

Dude, at least go with color matching your nighttime dash.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Shiftright View Post
CA only permits white or amber for any lights visible to others at the front of the auto.
Not bluish, not purplish, or other colors you sometimes seen in the aftermarket headlights some folks install.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Reregistered User

Mein Auto: 09 E93 335i somewhat mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilt View Post
CA only permits white or amber for any lights visible to others at the front of the auto.
Not bluish, not purplish, or other colors you sometimes seen in the aftermarket headlights some folks install.

I maintain: BMW dash lamps are deep amber.