Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-22-2014, 12:05 AM

Mein Auto: Camry
Buying a 2008 BMW 328 XI - Need advice

Hi All,

I am considering buying a used one-owner 2008 BMW 328 XI with 63100 miles on it. I haven't done the prepurchase inspection yet but overall the car seems to be good as I visually checked it but did not drive it as the owner was not comfortable in me driving the Beemer before the offer was made. The owner has not replaced brake pads/rotors from the start . So I should be expecting to replace them in another 5000 miles and tyres will come for another 10000 miles. The body had the normal wear/tear with very minor scratches but no dents or frame damage. I check the carfax record and it was clean.

Considering other issues which I might have owning this beautiful beast, how much should I pay for this BMW? Requesting your valuable suggestions. Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2014, 06:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post
Hi All,

I am considering buying a used one-owner 2008 BMW 328 XI with 63100 miles on it. I haven't done the prepurchase inspection yet but overall the car seems to be good as I visually checked it but did not drive it as the owner was not comfortable in me driving the Beemer before the offer was made. The owner has not replaced brake pads/rotors from the start . So I should be expecting to replace them in another 5000 miles and tyres will come for another 10000 miles. The body had the normal wear/tear with very minor scratches but no dents or frame damage. I check the carfax record and it was clean.

Considering other issues which I might have owning this beautiful beast, how much should I pay for this BMW? Requesting your valuable suggestions. Thanks.
Check KBB to see what they suggest the private party sale price should be. Then check Craigs List, cars.com, Auto Trader, etc to determine the asking prices of similar cars. I suggest going to see some of these other cars.

One thing I would not do is discuss any price until you've had a chance to drive the car. How a car drives is a factor in any offer price. If the seller refuses to let you take if for a drive until you give him a number then I suggest walking.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:21 AM
Philosopher-king

Mein Auto: E91, Volvo, Porsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalwart View Post

he owner has not replaced brake pads/rotors from the start . So I should be expecting to replace them in another 5000 miles and tyres will come for another 10000 miles.
If actually true at 63100 miles, that is probably a World Record for an E9x. Can the seller provide all of the car's service records?

(I can't help with the price -- I already have an E9x and don't want or need another one. I'd try the online Edmunds and NADA price calculators as well as "sold" auctions on eBay to get an idea about the market price.)
2008 E91 station wagon 21K miles "Classic" BMW inline six, six-speed manual transmission, Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Euro split armrest, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 built-in remote display, Dunlop Winter Sports on car.

"I will give up my stick shift when they pry it from my cold dead hand!"
Old 08-25-2014, 02:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 238i
I have a 2008 328i with similar mileage. I'm the second owner, having bought the car with 18,000 miles on it. My front brakes were replaced at around 60k miles and my rear brakes are ready to go, too. Cost of both at dealer - about $1,000. If you can, have the seller go thru the Service program on the car's cptr (on the dash). That'll tell you some things. If he demurs, walk...