Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-24-2014, 11:37 AM
330i_BlackedOut 330i_BlackedOut is offline
Registered User
Location: ********** IN
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: 330i
iDrive issues

Hey,

New member here. I bought my better half a BMW 330i about 2 months ago to replace a 2005 Mustang she had. We loved that car and had ZERO problems with it, I actually shed a tear when we sold it!

Moving on to the BMW... The car is exceptional, only problem I had was the battery died one night (my fault, dome light) and had to reset the blower motor for the A/C, which was a 10-15 minute fix.

However on Wednesday I drove the car to work, as Wednesday is my day to drive it and wash it after work. Everything was fine in the morning, worked perfectly on my lunch break also. Jumped in it to head to the car wash after I got off work and the Idrive system totally failed. It seems to be in some sort of "reboot loop" mode. I have searched and searched and the only two answers I got are "push and hold both eject buttons and mute audio knob for X amount of seconds..." To do a soft reset. Then I find this was for older model 3-series, I read about holding the mute knob for 25 seconds. So I tried both, NOTHING. Still stuck in boot mode I now sit here typing this hoping it's not the $2,000 fix for a new system. Occasionally the I drive will work, but it's once every 50 reboots. My only other common sense try is to pull the (-) terminal cable from the battery for an hour or so and see what happens??

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by 330i_BlackedOut; 08-24-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 08-24-2014, 12:44 PM
CALWATERBOY DUE's Avatar
CALWATERBOY DUE CALWATERBOY DUE is offline
Reregistered User
Location: Fog City, California
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,534
Mein Auto: 09 E93 335i somewhat mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i_BlackedOut View Post
Hey,

New member here. I bought my better half a BMW 330i about 2 months ago to replace a 2005 Mustang she had. We loved that car and had ZERO problems with it, I actually shed a tear when we sold it!

Moving on to the BMW... The car is exceptional, only problem I had was the battery died one night (my fault, dome light) and had to reset the blower motor for the A/C, which was a 10-15 minute fix.

However on Wednesday I drove the car to work, as Wednesday is my day to drive it and wash it after work. Everything was fine in the morning, worked perfectly on my lunch break also. Jumped in it to head to the car wash after I got off work and the Idrive system totally failed. It seems to be in some sort of "reboot loop" mode. I have searched and searched and the only two answers I got are "push and hold both eject buttons and mute audio knob for X amount of seconds..." To do a soft reset. Then I find this was for older model 3-series, I read about holding the mute knob for 25 seconds. So I tried both, NOTHING. Still stuck in boot mode I now sit here typing this hoping it's not the $2,000 fix for a new system. Occasionally the I drive will work, but it's once every 50 reboots. My only other common sense try is to pull the (-) terminal cable from the battery for an hour or so and see what happens??

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

You may have discovered why it was available. None the less, First Things First
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-24-2014, 02:43 PM
330i_BlackedOut 330i_BlackedOut is offline
Registered User
Location: ********** IN
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY DUE View Post
You may have discovered why it was available. None the less, First Things First
I had it 2 months and no issues. All happened at once
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-24-2014, 02:49 PM
CALWATERBOY DUE's Avatar
CALWATERBOY DUE CALWATERBOY DUE is offline
Reregistered User
Location: Fog City, California
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,534
Mein Auto: 09 E93 335i somewhat mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i_BlackedOut View Post
I had it 2 months and no issues. All happened at once

Exactly. View & do....result?

SOP. Other odd malfunction? Reset clock lately?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-25-2014, 11:59 AM
330i_BlackedOut 330i_BlackedOut is offline
Registered User
Location: ********** IN
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: 330i
Doesnt seem to be the battery....

going in next week to have the CCC checked
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms