Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-25-2014, 01:04 PM
krahooligan krahooligan is offline
KRAHOOLIGAN
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 35
Mein Auto: 2008 328i
Cool We need more power!!!

how can i get more hp out of my 2008 328i? what parts / things will get me the most and what do i need to safely do this? new to the bimmer scene, and just wanted some of your opinions. Thanks a lot.

Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 08-25-2014, 01:15 PM
thekurgan's Avatar
thekurgan thekurgan is offline
Bad Lieutenant
Location: Sacramento, CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,844
Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
Nothing; this has been discussed here a lot lately, but in the end, nothing will give you substantial power gains from the N52. Vendors here will cry otherwise, but gains are unproven or won't be felt.

You can look into a supercharger or turbocharger setup, but that may be pretty costly and probably take a huge toll on the other components.

I would invest in suspension.
__________________

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Schwartz/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust/BMW Alcantara wheel
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-25-2014, 02:14 PM
CALWATERBOY DUE's Avatar
CALWATERBOY DUE CALWATERBOY DUE is online now
Reregistered User
Location: Fog City, California
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,227
Mein Auto: 09 E93 335i somewhat mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
Nothing; this has been discussed here a lot lately, but in the end, nothing will give you substantial power gains from the N52. Vendors here will cry otherwise, but gains are unproven or won't be felt.

You can look into a supercharger or turbocharger setup, but that may be pretty costly and probably take a huge toll on the other components.

I would invest in suspension.


Good Lord. You contradict your first paragraph with the second. Clearly caffeine has warped your reality.

[click here krahooligan - what is your level of desperation?]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-25-2014, 02:18 PM
thekurgan's Avatar
thekurgan thekurgan is offline
Bad Lieutenant
Location: Sacramento, CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,844
Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY DUE View Post
Good Lord. You contradict your first paragraph with the second. Clearly caffeine has warped your reality.

[click here krahooligan - what is your level of desperation?]
I've been traveling and tired. I guess I was thinking $5k was not much bang for the buck but you're right, there are gains to be had, most of these posts are for sticking to the naturally aspirated design. In addition, the OP's car isn't an E36.

Carry on.
__________________

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Schwartz/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust/BMW Alcantara wheel

Last edited by thekurgan; 08-25-2014 at 02:22 PM. Reason: such a poor speller
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-25-2014, 02:25 PM
fdriller9 fdriller9 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ/Philly
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,329
Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Look into ESS. They are releasing a supercharger kit for the N52 @ around 5k + install.

Otherwise, there is nothing available.
__________________

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-25-2014, 02:52 PM
bad karma bad karma is offline
Registered User
Location: Portland, OR
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: 2011 335i M-Sport E90 SBM
Or you could sell your 328, take the $6,000+ you'd spend on a turbo + install, and upgrade to a 335i for the same price. And get bigger brakes, a ZF transmission instead of the GM garbage, and beefier drivetrain components all around.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Nerdboss Nerdboss is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 849
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by krahooligan View Post
how can i get more hp out of my 2008 328i? what parts / things will get me the most and what do i need to safely do this? new to the bimmer scene, and just wanted some of your opinions. Thanks a lot.

Go take a few car control clinics and learn to drive your car. Learning to drive faster is much more rewarding than a HP bump.
__________________


Jet Black | Oyster/black Dakota | Navigation | Premium package | Sport Package | Heated seats
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Why Me? Why Me? is offline
Registered User
Location: Woburn, MA
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 68
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i xdrive
I don't think so Tim.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-26-2014, 03:45 AM
SteVTEC's Avatar
SteVTEC SteVTEC is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DC Burbs
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,235
Mein Auto: '11 E93 / '12 E70d
I thought the variable intake manifold swap from the 330i was pretty slick. Basically take the fixed intake manifold from the 328i and replaces it with the 3-stage IM from the 330i, and gives you a nice gain in torque and horsepower more or less up to 330i levels from what I read. Might be tricky to track down parts. Or yeah, just trade for a 335i.
__________________
Steve
2012 E70 X5d (IT'S HERE!) Deep Sea Blue / Sand Beige, Premium, 3rd Row, Multi-Contour
2011 E93 335i Deep Sea Blue / Oyster, Step, Premium, Convenience (PDC & CA), and that's it


HR&G Full Review: 2014 F33 428i M-Sport Convertible (my side auto-journo gig)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-26-2014, 04:24 AM
Flatland328 Flatland328 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Wichita, Kansas
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 131
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdboss View Post
Go take a few car control clinics and learn to drive your car. Learning to drive faster is much more rewarding than a HP bump.
Nerdboss knows what he is talking about. One of the most enjoyable things that I have found about my 328i is that I can drive it aggressively without going stupid fast immediately. You can actually get into the throttle for more than a few seconds. Knifing through corners and enjoying the driving experience is just as enjoyable as going all redneck at a stoplight and yelling, "wahooooo!". My wife has a Mustang GT when I want to do that.

From everything that I've heard, the 335i is a great car but it also costs more than a 328i to own and operate. It's going to cost enough in my opinion to own this 328i that spending more seems silly to me.....but it's all in what you are looking for. The 335i is undoubtedly a better track car but when there are no tracks anywhere near you, who gives a crap?

Enjoy the 328i for what it is. If you want a hot rod for launching at lights, you bought the wrong car. Frankly, a 335i is a stupid option for that too. There are any number of cars that will stomp the guts out of a 335i if you are willing to put the same money in them.
__________________
2011 328i xDrive w/ NAV & Premium Package
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-26-2014, 08:22 AM
Tom K. Tom K. is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,588
Mein Auto: '07 328iT.'13 Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatland328 View Post
Nerdboss knows what he is talking about. One of the most enjoyable things that I have found about my 328i is that I can drive it aggressively without going stupid fast immediately. You can actually get into the throttle for more than a few seconds. Knifing through corners and enjoying the driving experience is just as enjoyable as going all redneck at a stoplight and yelling, "wahooooo!". My wife has a Mustang GT when I want to do that.

From everything that I've heard, the 335i is a great car but it also costs more than a 328i to own and operate. It's going to cost enough in my opinion to own this 328i that spending more seems silly to me.....but it's all in what you are looking for. The 335i is undoubtedly a better track car but when there are no tracks anywhere near you, who gives a crap?

Enjoy the 328i for what it is. If you want a hot rod for launching at lights, you bought the wrong car. Frankly, a 335i is a stupid option for that too. There are any number of cars that will stomp the guts out of a 335i if you are willing to put the same money in them.
What they said.

Also, replacing the transmission fluid with the appropriate Red Line product should result in better shifting. OP, you do have a proper 6 speed MT, don't you?

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-26-2014, 08:26 AM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is online now
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,088
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY DUE View Post
Good Lord. You contradict your first paragraph with the second. Clearly caffeine has warped your reality.

[click here krahooligan - what is your level of desperation?]
You have 875 posts. Kurgen has 5744. Respect your elders youngin
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-26-2014, 08:33 AM
CALWATERBOY DUE's Avatar
CALWATERBOY DUE CALWATERBOY DUE is online now
Reregistered User
Location: Fog City, California
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,227
Mein Auto: 09 E93 335i somewhat mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You have 875 posts. Kurgen has 5744. Respect your elders youngin

FURB! I am the reincarnation. Wait....isn't that a coffee creamer?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:00 AM
Vanos4:12PM's Avatar
Vanos4:12PM Vanos4:12PM is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: nashville, TN
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,629
Mein Auto: 2011 328 Saloon
Other than a lot of $ and time, unfortunatley nothing. It is what is is, a n/a 6 cyl engine.
__________________
2011 328i Sedan/6sp mt/Jet Black/Black/Dark Walnut/ZSP/ZPP/Htd seats/steering wheel/rear shades/HK/Sat radio
1997 328i - gone "my first love"
BMWCCA # 367299

ED - 5.14.10
ED Drop off - 5.22.10
Car arrived in Brunswick, GA - 6.21.10
Released from Customs - 6.25.10
PCD Redelivery - 7.12.10

Picking up the car at the Welt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Ulzi58u6I
My 140MPH A92 run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRej5VEQpmc



ED May 14, 2010
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:21 AM
ZBMAN ZBMAN is offline
Registered User
Location: WINCHESTER, KY
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: 328i XDrive 2009
I also have one of the slow, lowly, small rotor, GM tranny (sourced from a cavalier, I think), pitiful poor man's bimmer! I love it! No HPFP or turbo's to fail! I think the 335's should have their own forum so they wouldn't be bothered with the lowly 328 owners! What a bunch of high class snobs!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:51 AM
wilt wilt is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SF Bay area
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 781
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
OMG, these cars are already faster down a dragstrip than the muscle cars of the 1970's

Most of the cars need more brains in them, not power.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-26-2014, 10:25 AM
need4speed's Avatar
need4speed need4speed is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Carolina
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,546
Mein Auto: 09 335Cabrio zsp/11 335d
As noted, improvement in the drivers skill will payoff the most. Other than FI, I don't think you can do anythingto ad substancial power to a 328.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-26-2014, 11:35 AM
ZBMAN ZBMAN is offline
Registered User
Location: WINCHESTER, KY
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: 328i XDrive 2009
Small block Chevy and an adapter kit will have M3's thinking they were in a 335!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-26-2014, 12:09 PM
kunal_D's Avatar
kunal_D kunal_D is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,560
Mein Auto: 2008 335i Sport 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC View Post
I thought the variable intake manifold swap from the 330i was pretty slick. Basically take the fixed intake manifold from the 328i and replaces it with the 3-stage IM from the 330i, and gives you a nice gain in torque and horsepower more or less up to 330i levels from what I read. Might be tricky to track down parts. Or yeah, just trade for a 335i.
This...

Turner has the entire kit including software on their site. It's not cheap, but it's supposed to bump up the HP to about 260. Other than FI, not much else can be done...
__________________

08' E90 335i, Sport, Premium, Logic 7, 6-spd
01' 330i TiAG, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, 5spd - R.I.P 04/12- gone but not forgotten.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Daily Driver Daily Driver is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 328i coupe
double post

Last edited by Daily Driver; 08-26-2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: duplicate
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Daily Driver Daily Driver is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 328i coupe
To the OP:

I had the same quest. You can easily get the 328 to 330 like power, which is around the 275+/- hp. That is a gain of about 45 hp. This has been substantiated by several tests. Here is how:
Get a 3 stage Intake Manifold (IM) (stock is single stage). All the wiring to make the 3 stage IM work is hanging in the engine compartment. This makes some sense if you recognize that the 328 engine was being used in heavier cars where BMW needed to make more power from the engine (5 series and X5's). They stopped making the 330 in favour of the 335.

You get the 3 stage IM from a wrecker. Lots around. You then need a tune to make total use of the 3 stage. I went with an Active Autowerke's tune. ActiveAuto tunes more for the mid range (where we actually drive) than for the top end. Other tuners will make more hp, but only at the top end. BTW, if you have an Auto, i have read that there are changes to the shift programming that are an improvement (I have a manual). All of this cost about $1500 including installation by my local indy. The one downside is that you must run 93 octane. However, i have found that my gas mileage has gone up enough to offset the cost of 93. (Unless you are running it hard!)

The driving difference is substantial. Having said that, it will never match the torque that the 335 has in the mid range.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-26-2014, 04:05 PM
bad karma bad karma is offline
Registered User
Location: Portland, OR
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: 2011 335i M-Sport E90 SBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBMAN View Post
I also have one of the slow, lowly, small rotor, GM tranny (sourced from a cavalier, I think), pitiful poor man's bimmer! I love it! No HPFP or turbo's to fail! I think the 335's should have their own forum so they wouldn't be bothered with the lowly 328 owners! What a bunch of high class snobs!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Dude, chill.

The OP specifically asked how to make his 328i faster, and the general consensus is that it's not cheap or easy to do so. My comment wasn't knocking the 328, which is a fine car in its own right. I was just pointing out that there is a lot more to going fast than bolting a supercharger to your motor. The 335i gets significant upgrades to its drivetrain components to cope with the extra weight and horsepower. A stock 328i doesn't need four piston calipers or a beefy differential, one making 300+ HP would. My point wasn't that the 328i is a poor man's BMW, it's that there is very little point to turning an NA engine into a FI engine if you aren't going to upgrade the rest of the drivetrain hardware to contend with it, and the costs involved in doing it the right way would be on par with, if not more than, the cost of just buying a 335i. And for what it's worth, the HPFP and turbo failures were countered by BMW with extended warranties on those components, and the issues were largely rectified with the N55. And aftermarket 100,000 mile warranties aren't exactly expensive if you really want peace of mind.

The M3 has six piston calipers, drilled rotors, a DCT, an LSD, and a bigger engine. So by your logic, the 335i is the poor man's M3. As the saying goes, there will always be someone faster than you.

I'd encourage you to take pride in your vehicle and appreciate it for what it is, while recognizing what it isn't. It is a damn near perfect DD, and a fantastic handling touring sedan on twisty back roads (arguably even better than a 335i with less weight in the nose). But the 328i is not a fast car, nor was it ever designed to be. And, unless you need to feed your narcissism by stoplight racing like some Toyko Drift wannabe, then its relative slowness shouldn't f*cking matter. Especially when "relative" means it's still a faster car than 90% of what's on the road. To be totally frank, there's something to be said about driving a slow car fast. I sometimes miss my Pontiac G8 (the lowly, poor man's 261HP V6 flavor) for this reason. With a naturally aspirated engine you get linear power delivery, and when your car is quick, but not fast, you can get to your redline a lot more frequently during regular spirited driving. My 335i can hit 70MPH in 2nd gear. That's 15MPH over most speed limits here in Oregon. In other words, most of my WOT fun is over in about six seconds.

Last edited by bad karma; 08-26-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-26-2014, 04:53 PM
roadkillrob roadkillrob is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,410
Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
This - after that, you will spend 5 grand trying to make the next 20hp and that 5 grand will trade you up to a 335i and give you more potential for less money - just depends what you want in the end, but the $1500 gets good power for the money, then you need to change to another platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Driver View Post
To the OP:

I had the same quest. You can easily get the 328 to 330 like power, which is around the 275+/- hp. That is a gain of about 45 hp. This has been substantiated by several tests. Here is how:
Get a 3 stage Intake Manifold (IM) (stock is single stage). All the wiring to make the 3 stage IM work is hanging in the engine compartment. This makes some sense if you recognize that the 328 engine was being used in heavier cars where BMW needed to make more power from the engine (5 series and X5's). They stopped making the 330 in favour of the 335.

You get the 3 stage IM from a wrecker. Lots around. You then need a tune to make total use of the 3 stage. I went with an Active Autowerke's tune. ActiveAuto tunes more for the mid range (where we actually drive) than for the top end. Other tuners will make more hp, but only at the top end. BTW, if you have an Auto, i have read that there are changes to the shift programming that are an improvement (I have a manual). All of this cost about $1500 including installation by my local indy. The one downside is that you must run 93 octane. However, i have found that my gas mileage has gone up enough to offset the cost of 93. (Unless you are running it hard!)

The driving difference is substantial. Having said that, it will never match the torque that the 335 has in the mid range.
__________________
2008 335i Vert Montego/Saddle/Grey Poplar
2014 X3 35i Space Grey/Chestnut/Fineline Wave
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-27-2014, 04:56 AM
ZBMAN ZBMAN is offline
Registered User
Location: WINCHESTER, KY
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: 328i XDrive 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad karma View Post
Dude, chill.

The OP specifically asked how to make his 328i faster, and the general consensus is that it's not cheap or easy to do so. My comment wasn't knocking the 328, which is a fine car in its own right. I was just pointing out that there is a lot more to going fast than bolting a supercharger to your motor. The 335i gets significant upgrades to its drivetrain components to cope with the extra weight and horsepower. A stock 328i doesn't need four piston calipers or a beefy differential, one making 300+ HP would. My point wasn't that the 328i is a poor man's BMW, it's that there is very little point to turning an NA engine into a FI engine if you aren't going to upgrade the rest of the drivetrain hardware to contend with it, and the costs involved in doing it the right way would be on par with, if not more than, the cost of just buying a 335i. And for what it's worth, the HPFP and turbo failures were countered by BMW with extended warranties on those components, and the issues were largely rectified with the N55. And aftermarket 100,000 mile warranties aren't exactly expensive if you really want peace of mind.

The M3 has six piston calipers, drilled rotors, a DCT, an LSD, and a bigger engine. So by your logic, the 335i is the poor man's M3. As the saying goes, there will always be someone faster than you.

I'd encourage you to take pride in your vehicle and appreciate it for what it is, while recognizing what it isn't. It is a damn near perfect DD, and a fantastic handling touring sedan on twisty back roads (arguably even better than a 335i with less weight in the nose). But the 328i is not a fast car, nor was it ever designed to be. And, unless you need to feed your narcissism by stoplight racing like some Toyko Drift wannabe, then its relative slowness shouldn't f*cking matter. Especially when "relative" means it's still a faster car than 90% of what's on the road. To be totally frank, there's something to be said about driving a slow car fast. I sometimes miss my Pontiac G8 (the lowly, poor man's 261HP V6 flavor) for this reason. With a naturally aspirated engine you get linear power delivery, and when your car is quick, but not fast, you can get to your redline a lot more frequently during regular spirited driving. My 335i can hit 70MPH in 2nd gear. That's 15MPH over most speed limits here in Oregon. In other words, most of my WOT fun is over in about six seconds.

Just sarcasm dude! Ever hear of it? I laugh at every post that puts down the 328! "Don't put 19's on it, it'll show the tiny rotors!" Lol! Don't piss next to someone at the urinal, it'll show your tiny d**k! Lol! Oh, I forgot about the walnut blasting every 30k on the 335's. I enjoy my car and I'm old enough to laugh at these guys bragging about how great their cars are. Enjoy your car and have a nice day.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-27-2014, 10:41 AM
bad karma bad karma is offline
Registered User
Location: Portland, OR
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: 2011 335i M-Sport E90 SBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBMAN View Post
Just sarcasm dude! Ever hear of it? I laugh at every post that puts down the 328! "Don't put 19's on it, it'll show the tiny rotors!" Lol! Don't piss next to someone at the urinal, it'll show your tiny d**k! Lol! Oh, I forgot about the walnut blasting every 30k on the 335's. I enjoy my car and I'm old enough to laugh at these guys bragging about how great their cars are. Enjoy your car and have a nice day.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Fair enough. I'm sure we both know how ****ty text is at conveying tone and emotion.

The secret to walnut blasting is you have to complain to the dealership about how you've seen a "reduction in performance" and suggest a media blast. If you antagonize them enough they will sometimes cave and do it for you under warranty. I believe that carbon buildup is less of an issue on my N55 though due to the introduction of Valvetronic on engine. I'll still probably get it done if for no other reason then because it's like $400 and I'm anal retentive about maintenance.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms