BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Heater in 2006 325i

910 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  BreaktheRules 
#1 ·
I feel incredibly stupid and I know this is something simple. Just got the car on Saturday (downright amazing) and my mother wanted the heat on. Only we cannot figure out how or what we are doing wrong. It would just blow cold air. I think she pressed too many buttons. Anyone tell me how to just put the heat on?

#2 ·
Turn AC off (snowflake button) and turn the dial under the central door lock/hazard button to RED. That dial controls the temperature OUT OF THE VENTS.

The dials below, on the AC panel that show a digital temperature readout, control the AUTOMATED CLIMATE CONTROL. This only tells the car where to maintain temps.

You should read the user manual.

#3 · (Edited)
It didn't have one. Or at least I haven't found it. Not in glove box or back. I didn't even look near the hazard light for heater buttons. Thank you. So mostly all the center buttons control AC and climate control. Cool. I found the manual online but on the climate section it only talks about climate control. Guess I didn't look enough.

#4 ·
You can get a free PDF copy of the manual on BMWUSA.com

#6 ·
Also, a couple of the Bimmers I've owned will only put heat out of the dash vents if the temp was set at maximum (84o). I find the most effect method of heating the car is to simply push the AUTO button, turn off A/C (snowflake button unlit) and set the temp as desired. The heat will be directed through the floor vents, the fan should operate automatically, and the car interior will warm up quickly.

Tom

#7 ·
I always forget about the dial for the vents, and will turn the temp controls way up sometimes before I remember that the vents are still blowing cold air because I forgot to spin that dial! :p

#8 ·
Well, it has to be something stupid I am doing. And I feel really dumb. It can't be this hard to figure out how to operate a heater in a car. I refuse to believe it is something wrong with the car. I'm going to try the auto setting the next time I drive, and if that doesn't work I guess I will have to take it to the dealership. Fall / Winter is coming. Can't have a car with no heater.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.