BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

iOS 8, Professional Radio, and Bluetooth Calling

5K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  tony deacon 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking to see if any other iPhone users with the standard radio and iOS 8 have suddenly noticed that their phone calls are not muting the radio and routing through the car even if the phone says it is on Bluetooth.

Siri works just fine, just the calls where I experience this issue.

Android fanboys need not reply. :p

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#4 ·
#6 ·
My iPhone 6 rings on the car but can't answer it, no answer option and button on steering wheel does nothing, only option on screen is end call even though I have not answered! It does mute radio while ringing but that is all that works!

#14 ·
My iPhone 6 does the same thing in my E92. I can answer the call using the phone directly , but it will connect for a few seconds and then hang up. Outgoing calls only last a few seconds as well before being disconnected.

Very much looking forward to the next ios update in the hopes this will be adressed.

#13 ·
Judging by the responses and the linked article this appears to be an OS issue and not a specific phone or car issue.

Let's hope 8.0.2 fixes it.

#17 ·
Hey all,

New to the board. Just bought a 2011 328i M Sport, with NAV. First BMW, really loving it. However, I cannot seem to get my iPhone 6 to answer or make phone calls. Everytime I answer a call, it immediately ends it. Same when I dial, when the other person picks up, the call immediately ends.

I'm running 8.0.2. Anybody else having this issue? Any fix?

#18 ·
I am still having trouble with my 5s on 8.0.2. Haven't checked my wife's 6 on either of our cars nor have I tried my 5s on her car with iDrive.

There's always 8.0.3, eh?

#21 ·
I have a 2008 528i/ no nav. My iphone 5s worked through car system just fine until Monday. then I realized I upgraded to ios8.0 over the weekend. the phone rings through the car speaker system and it's paired with the bmw BT but I can't use the phone like I could a week ago. Very frustrating

#23 ·
Yet another update: After updating the iPhone 6 to iOS 8.0.2 and disabling and reenabling Handoff and Continuity features, the phone worked.

#25 ·
Can you please tell how did you pair your iPhone 5s I can't seem to pair it since my upgrade iOS8.02?
Please advise ..
Thank you ..

Delete the pairings in both the phone and your car. Then try again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.