Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 12-19-2001, 07:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Unhappy Ding removal advice please...

I have a small ding on the roof of my 3er about 4 inches from the rear window. NE1 know the process for paintless dent removal? A friend that knows a guy that does this said he would have to get to the underside of the ding with some tool by sliding it under (or over, which ever way you see it) the headliner? Does the process (what ever the means) really remove the ding to the point where it can't be found/noticed? For some reason I feel like it would be better to leave it than to make it worse in the opposite direction. Your knowlede/experience would be helpful.

TIA
Ads by Google
Old 12-19-2001, 07:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to johm_330Ci
Mein Auto:
Paintless dent repair works well. They push out the dent from the inside, and push it back in from the outside. I've seen it done of a friend's A4, and it looked good as new.

All my dents have chipped my paint also, so i haven't tried it. Good luck
Old 12-19-2001, 11:57 AM

Mein Auto: A hard bargain
Thumbs up

I just had a small dent removed from the driver side rear fender of my 325i by Dent Wizard. It took the guy less than 15 minutes to remove the dent using various tools which push the dent out from the inside. The dent is completed gone; you can't even tell there was a dent! The cost was $150.00 vs. a local bodyshop quote of $750.00. Ask your local BMW dealer who they use for PDR work. Paintless Dent Repair is the way to go.