Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 12-05-2004, 07:58 PM

Mein Auto: Looking for E46 wagon
Speculation on final E46 coupe production

I'm interested in getting one of the final e46 coupes sometime next year and I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on the following, judging from what BMW did when the e46 was introduced with the same staggered introduction for sedan/coupe:
- Likelihood of special colors offered for the final year
- Likelihood of incentives on the coupe
- potential stop date for production
- any other special circumstances to note?

I'm considereing doing ED next Septemberish. In the meantime I'm saving up a big fat downpayment.
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
I think that the standout "special circumstance" for late E46s is the availability of the performance package. I don't remember anything in the way of special colors near the end of E36 production, although the last year E36 coupes and cabrios got M aero pieces and M steering wheel with the sport pkg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker
I'm interested in getting one of the final e46 coupes sometime next year and I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on the following, judging from what BMW did when the e46 was introduced with the same staggered introduction for sedan/coupe:
- Likelihood of incentives on the coupe
- potential stop date for production
- any other special circumstances to note?
Old 12-06-2004, 04:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker
New colours (Havana, Graphite, Sonora) and trims (Futura leather) have already gone into production. Some of these have already found their way into the US offerings. There are plenty of "specials" on this side of the pond, using discounted options packages (UK frinstance) or stealing exclusivity from the Individual programme (e.g. Germany). In the US, the usual approach seems to be better pricing and financing rather than equipment overload (which seems to generate plenty of ire, not least on this board ).