Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Motorsports, Racing & Track

Motorsports, Racing & Track
From Formula One to Auto-X, discuss everything related to going fast here...

Old 12-08-2004, 02:17 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: '02 BMW R1150GS
BMW Motorsport Recognizes Turner Motorsport Winning Record

Zell am See, Austria - December 3, 2004 - BMW Motorsport held its annual gala event in northern Austria recognizing top BMW racing achievements from around the globe in 2004. More than 650 guests gathered representing championship teams and drivers including BMW WilliamsF1 driver Juan Pablo Montoya, European Touring Car Champion Andy Prialux, and both driver teams from the 1-2 BMW Team victory at the Nurbringing 24 hour race. North American racer Will Turner from Turner Motorsport was one of few American drivers attending the mainly European event.

Motorsport Director Mario Theissen was on hand to make special recognition to more than 30 BMW drivers and teams who were all nominees competing for the coveted BMW Sports Trophy. More than 241,000 Euros were handed out to the privateer teams to reinforce BMW’s appreciation for competing using the ultimate driving machine. Receiving special recognition and representing Turner Motorsport was President Will Turner. The Turner Motorsport team continued their winning ways in 2004, winning another SCCA SPEED Touring Car Driver's Championship as well as securing the Manufacturer's Crown for BMW. The team's continued dominance passed over to their debut season in the Grand Am Cup series with Will Turner and teammate Don Salama heading up the points for much of the season and earning second place in the overall Championship.

After returning from the “weekend” event, Turner Motorsport owner Will Turner was ecstatic; “BMW put on a first class event in the Austrian Alps and Turner Motorsport was honored to be one of the top 10 teams recognized world-wide. This is very special not only for our race team, but every employee at TMS who recognizes the significant role racing plays in our business; from tuning our customer’s BMWs to developing our own performance parts and sending them to customers world wide.” When asked about being recognized by BMWs Motorsport Director Will commented “this is fantastic exposure for us as we begin planning our 2005 attack on three racing titles here in the U.S. We hope to put the blue and yellow Turner cars on the minds of not only our fans and competitors here, but also get more attention from our friends and supporters at BMW AG in Munich. I could not be more pleased with our accomplishments in 2004, but you can bet we will be even more title-hungry in 2005!”

Turner Motorsport (www.turnermotorsport.com) will again be campaigning in SPEED World Challenge (www.world-challenge.com/) as well as broadening their Grand Am Cup (http://www.grand-am.com) effort by racing the BMW 330i in Sport Touring (ST), as well as a new 2005 E46 M3 to compete in Grand Sport (GS). The 2005 racing season all begins on February 3rd in Daytona, FL and will be covered by SPEED Channel (www.speedtv.com).

Will Turner and BMW Williams F1 Driver, Juan Pablo Montoya

Will Turner Receives a Trophy from BMW Motorsport Director, Mario Theissen
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Do the interns get Glocks

Send a message via AIM to LmtdSlip
Mein Auto: 325iC
I see Juan dressed up for the event

Photobucket
Old 12-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Quote:
Originally Posted by LmtdSlip

Old 12-08-2004, 07:15 PM
TMS Fester

Send a message via AIM to dhabes
Mein Auto: 1988 M3; 2003 330i ZHP
Yay

From another post of mine a while back:
Bill told us a story about a BMW banquet one time. I guess it was black tie and for one reason or another JPM showed up in casual clothes. So everytime that JPM would walk by their table Boris would yell "Hey waiter...can I get a glass of water" or something to that effect. The story goes that JPM had no idea who Boris was and got thoroughly pissed off.

Old 12-08-2004, 07:47 PM
DHP pwns ZHP :p

Mein Auto: DHP Heehee... :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhabes
Yay

Bill told us a story about a BMW banquet one time. I guess it was black tie and for one reason or another JPM showed up in casual clothes. So everytime that JPM would walk by their table Boris would yell "Hey waiter...can I get a glass of water" or something to that effect. The story goes that JPM had no idea who Boris was and got thoroughly pissed off.

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
"du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt"
Old 12-11-2004, 07:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '08 E92 M3/'11 X6 3.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhabes
Yay

This must have been hilarious. I heard eventually JPM looked at Boris and said; "Do you know who I am?" Bill began rolling on the floor laughing.

This must have been a great event and experience for Turner Motorsports. Well deserved.

Congratulations!

SteveT
2008 E92 M3 - SSII/Fox Red
2011X6 3.5 - AW/Red/Alcantara/Leather
BMW CCA
Old 12-11-2004, 03:11 PM

Mein Auto: E30, M3, 540i
Congratulations to the whole team!!
Old 12-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Audi, BMW or Porsche???

Mein Auto: 2010 S4, 2004 X3 2.5i
I'm a little surprised Montoya was even there, considering he drives for McLaren now. I wonder if Ralf was there.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:09 PM

Mein Auto: '08 E92 M3/'11 X6 3.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilH
I'm a little surprised Montoya was even there, considering he drives for McLaren now. I wonder if Ralf was there.
True, it's interesting that Juan was there. Apparently Ralf was sick and did not attend. The BMW Motorsport site only says that the 2004 Formula 1 drivers were there. If you look at F1Total.com for the German text it says that Ralf called in sick from all of his testing and wet weather at Jerez. "My voice is totally gone, I am completely hoarse. I must call off, because I am ill."

SteveT
2008 E92 M3 - SSII/Fox Red
2011X6 3.5 - AW/Red/Alcantara/Leather
BMW CCA
Old 12-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Audi, BMW or Porsche???

Mein Auto: 2010 S4, 2004 X3 2.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT
Ralf called in sick from all of his testing and wet weather at Jerez. "My voice is totally gone, I am completely hoarse. I must call off, because I am ill."
Sick...yeah, sure, a likely excuse...
Old 12-12-2004, 01:10 AM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: s2k/
Congradulations, thats a great achievment. I wish you luck in the coming year.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:22 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2001 330i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by LmtdSlip
I bet that T-shirt costs a lot.
It flows very nicely. Guessing some kind of microfiber or silk blend.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:42 PM
into things retro

Mein Auto: '02 M3 SMG & '08 135i
Congratulations to the team on a well deserved accomplishment.
Photo gallery
Old 12-13-2004, 04:59 AM
2 pieces dry white toast

Send a message via ICQ to Elwood
Mein Auto: Mystic '04 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT
This must have been hilarious. I heard eventually JPM looked at Boris and said; "Do you know who I am?" Bill began rolling on the floor laughing.
I'll skip my response to that.

Congrats to the Turner Motorsport gang! Looking forward to watching next year!

- 2004 BMW 330Ci - Mystic Blue - Sports Pkg - Hole in Roof -
- Bum Warmers - M3 Wheel - ZHP Knob - Arai for the noggin -
- UUC Swaybarbarians - To tell me this is a repost, get in line -