BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

325i Convertible Trunk

967 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  mohd_bh 
#1 ·
Hi,
I've just bought a 2010 325i Convertible, the problem is that i have to turn off the car to open the trunk, it doesnt have a parking valet lock or the release button near the hood handle, can i add any of these? or does it require wiring? or is there a 3rd way which i have no knowledge of? it's annoying since i have to open the trunk every day when going to work.

#2 · (Edited)
So you are saying you don't actually have the trunk release button down by the hood release for some reason on your car?

You don't have this button in the picture?

I have seen other threads where people in Asia have complained, it may be a market specific thing to have a button - it could certainly be added, would be nice if the wires were already behind the panel, worst case you could wire into the button on the actual trunk and run the wires up to the front.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
I have this out of the comprehensive service manual, unfortunately the pictures are not great and hard to read but shows wire colors, looks like the things on the top left side, 2nd thing down is the trunk release button - has a brownish color wire that is the release and then power to the light bulb and ground that it shorts the brownish wire to, to open the trunk. If you don't have the button or wiring, looks like it goes back to a junction block on the left side of the car.

Rob

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.