Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 12-17-2004, 02:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 330i
Questions regarding 2005 330i Order

I just placed an order for a 2005 330i (Alpine White, NB, ZHP, ZPP, Xenon, NAV). After
the order was placed, the fleet manager of the dealership said something that I found
a little surprising. He told me that I got "...one of the last cusomizable 2005 model 330i
chassis available. " I asked him to clarify and he said that mine was the last of their
allocation which was customizable. My understanding is that when a car is "ordered",
the dealer simply changes the configuration of a car they were already going to receive
and marks it with a high priority. So, if this guy is being truthful, it means that all but
one of their allocated cars were past the point of being customizable (or at least completely
customizable). This surprised me as there are still supposed to be 2 months of production
left on the 2005 model.

So, does it sound likely that what I've been told is the truth?

Thanks,
Dan
Ads by Google
Old 12-17-2004, 04:29 PM

Mein Auto: 03 MCS, 05 330i
Rather than start another thread, I'll jump in here with Dan......

I'm looking to place an order for a 2005 330i very soon (days). According to the SA at my local dealer, e46 sedan production will run through February, not January as I have read in these forums. He did add that their February production allocation will be limited to only one or two 330i units.

Can anyone confirm when production actually will end? Is there any "official" word out yet? I just need a little more time to do some price shopping before I pull the trigger and don't want to be caught out when production ends.

While this is my first post, I have been lurking a little while, and I just have to say that all of the people and the volumes of information you share on these forums are tremendous! Thanks to you all!

James
Old 12-17-2004, 04:33 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Man
Rather than start another thread, I'll jump in here with Dan......

I'm looking to place an order for a 2005 330i very soon (days). According to the SA at my local dealer, e46 sedan production will run through February, not January as I have read in these forums. He did add that their February production allocation will be limited to only one or two 330i units.

Can anyone confirm when production actually will end? Is there any "official" word out yet? I just need a little more time to do some price shopping before I pull the trigger and don't want to be caught out when production ends.

While this is my first post, I have been lurking a little while, and I just have to say that all of the people and the volumes of information you share on these forums are tremendous! Thanks to you all!

James
BS alert! BS alert!

December production was the last production month for 325xi, 325i SA, 330xi and the wagons. January will be the last month for the 325i and 330i. December production cars are essentially all past the point of modification, and most January cars are getting there too. Any dealer that tells you that you have a few weeks left is not lying-- by the beginning of January, it'll be too late.

We've received February allocations, and they were very light since there are no 3-series sedans. Anyone telling you that there were going to be February allocations for 3-series sedans was lying or misinformed.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Rocket Scientist

Mein Auto: 2010 M3 and 2011 135i
My dealer told me that 3-series coupe (and therefore M3) production was going to stop as well. I have a hard time believing this but they've know their stuff before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL
BS alert! BS alert!

December production was the last production month for 325xi, 325i SA, 330xi and the wagons. January will be the last month for the 325i and 330i. December production cars are essentially all past the point of modification, and most January cars are getting there too. Any dealer that tells you that you have a few weeks left is not lying-- by the beginning of January, it'll be too late.

We've received February allocations, and they were very light since there are no 3-series sedans. Anyone telling you that there were going to be February allocations for 3-series sedans was lying or misinformed.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL
BS alert! BS alert!

So, it sounds like what I'm being told is probably true. I guess I got in just under the
wire

Dan